Pusha T ft. Jay Z - Drug Dealer's Anonymous

Somebody purposely deaded his career

Self-inflicted wounds.

I use to be one of Budden's biggest fans...still am, but this is light weight true.

He was dissing the record label and the Pres in Jay.

Jay was asked why didnt he drop Joe's album The Growth in an interview, he flat out said Joe never turned in an album in which Joe confirmed. (this is back in the JoebuddenTv days)

MM2 is the best mixtape of all time if it matters.

Are you ******* serious? I was anticipating The Growth for a minute.

He ever explained why he didn't submit it?

"I'll get into it, but I'll save that for the growth" :lol: whatever it takes was my ****

"I'll get into it, but I'll save that for the growth" :lol: whatever it takes was my ****

Repped. One of my all time favorite songs. **** was hard. There was Whatever It Takes and then the Clinton Sparks version with a different beat, think it was called Find a Way.

http://genius.com/a/pusha-t-describes-the-emails-that-inspired-jay-z-s-drug-dealers-anonymous-verse

Just what does it take to score a guest verse from an elusive Jay Z in 2016? Perhaps some shots from a conservative pundit and gentle email prodding by one of today’s sharpest lyricists.

The winning combination spawned Pusha T’s lead King Push single “Drug Dealers Anonymous,” which he premiered last night. The G.O.O.D. Music prez had the right inspiration to get Jay hyped to hop on the song.

“I was coming to Los Angeles to work on the G.O.O.D. Music album and play Kanye some new things I’d been working on,” Pusha told Genius on Tuesday. “I played him ‘Drug Dealers Anonymous’ and I said, ‘I want Hov on this.’ He was like, ‘Oh man. That would be fire.’”

According to Pusha, he then left the studio to email Jay Z the track with his verse already on it. Push told Genius the email exchange went a little something like this:

To: Jay Z
Subject: Drug Dealers Anonymous
Attachment: 1

The news reporter that called you a 14-year drug dealer, this was the inspiration behind it. Here’s my verse. I left some extra beat for you. Let me know what you think either way.

To: Pusha T
Subject: Re: Drug Dealers Anonymous

WTF? Why you taking me to a dark place? Now I’m going to grow my hair out to be on this track with you…

Man, there’s nothing wrong with telling ghost stories. We need them. We love them. We love these things.

After a break in the communication, during which Jay likely began crafting his verse, he hit Pusha back.

Oh this is going to be bad. Oh this is going to be real, real bad. I’ll just blame it all on you.

Ok, that’s fine.

Jay takes the night to finish his verse and responds the next morning.

This is bad bad. This is like a lot of bad. This is like 48-bars bad.

It’s your world.

LOL

I always knew Jay was a herb but if that email exchange is true, he's entering Drake/Steph Curry levels of corny.

I always knew Jay was a herb but if that email exchange is true, he's entering Drake/Steph Curry levels of corny.

I always wonder about dudes who sit and worry who's cool or not.

Jay-Z is 40 something years old. That's high school.

Do you think a 16 year old thinks you're cool? Do you care?

I think you're analyzing my post too much. Does Jay Z care that I think he's a herb? **** no, he's worth half a billion. I read some corny email exchange and made a quick post about my opinion. If I said Jay seems so cool and so real for that, would you have cared or responded?

I think you're analyzing my post too much. Does Jay Z care that I think he's a herb? **** no, he's worth half a billion. I read some corny email exchange and made a quick post about my opinion. If I said Jay seems so cool and so real for that, would you have cared or responded?

I would have still thought the same thing. I don't care how much he's worth.

You're calling a 46...47 year old man a herb...cool? That's not a good look.

Ya'll hate so much you don't even take a step back at the stuff you're saying.

I always wonder about dudes who sit and worry who's cool or not.

Jay-Z is 40 something years old. That's high school.

Do you think a 16 year old thinks you're cool? Do you care?

Do you wonder about dudes who worry about dudes who worry about who's cool or not?

:rofl:

I would have still thought the same thing. I don't care how much he's worth.

You're calling a 46...47 year old man a herb...cool? That's not a good look.

Ya'll cape so much you don't even take a step back at the stuff you're saying.

View media item 2059362
Last night in NYC.... Jay, Push, Ferg, Zoey Dollas, Ross, Swiss, Fab, Khaled, Tip, busta and more.... have no idea why they were assembled but dope nonetheless. Gotta appreciate How Diddy, Ye & Hov are really embracing the big homie role to all of the rap game these days

no cape here... but I too find it odd that reading that email exchange resulted in "Jay is corny and a herb"

like to arrive at that conclusion... or even the conclusion that Jay is super cool from that is weird to me

article starts off saying "Pusha said the email exchange went a little something like this..." its just a casual recap of an exchange from one person involved... geez

Dope.
pimp.gif

"Oh this is going to be bad. Oh this is going to be real, real bad. I’ll just blame it all on you."

"Ok, that’s fine."

:lol:

View media item 2059362
Last night in NYC.... Jay, Push, Ferg, Zoey Dollas, Ross, Swiss, Fab, Khaled, Tip, busta and more.... have no idea why they were assembled but dope nonetheless. Gotta appreciate How Diddy, Ye & Hov are really embracing the big homie role to all of the rap game these days

Tru-Life hitting the ground RUNNING. :pimp:

"Oh this is going to be bad. Oh this is going to be real, real bad. I’ll just blame it all on you."

"Ok, that’s fine."

:lol:

That and the "grow my hair" out was just gay. Sounds like some **** a 13 year old would text someone followed by a few emojis.

If NaS said it, I would think the same thing. A 47 year old man saying that is corny and funny to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom