QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Question for advanced stat heads......

Do any of the advanced stat sites track % of sacks above average pocket time?  Like let's say the average of time in the pocket is like 2.8 seconds.  Does anyone track how many sacks are before or after that mark to decide if it was the QB's fault or the line's?

It's Kaep's fault.

I would say off the top of my head, about 50% of the sacks we have given up have been his fault.

But thanks for being a smart ***. 
laugh.gif

I would say off the top of my head, about 50% of the sacks we have given up have been his fault.

But thanks for being a smart ***. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I actually intepreted it as a Wilson shot
If you must know, I was actually having an argument with a fellow 49er fan friend of mine who is still convinced that Alex Smith is a damn good quarterback....and that his offensive line is preventing everyone from believing Alex is a top 10 QB.  It is such an infuriating argument.

I have been trying to tell him for years that Alex makes his line look worse than they are.  He doesn't buy it.  Then I showed him this pathetic play:

(sorry for the non-embedding....says its over the limit).

He still ignored it.  So I was just hoping there was a way to see average pocket time for all QBs, and how many sacks came after the average pocket time.

If you must know, I was actually having an argument with a fellow 49er fan friend of mine who is still convinced that Alex Smith is a damn good quarterback....and that his offensive line is preventing everyone from believing Alex is a top 10 QB.  It is such an infuriating argument.

I have been trying to tell him for years that Alex makes his line look worse than they are.  He doesn't buy it.  Then I showed him this pathetic play:

(sorry for the non-embedding....says its over the limit).

He still ignored it.  So I was just hoping there was a way to see average pocket time for all QBs, and how many sacks came after the average pocket time.

What the hell is that play....  throw the damn ball

We're resorting to Matt Hasselback vs the Jags and Texans to make points. Clearly shows what the PTI crew is all about. :lol:

He also threw 2 picks, reversed by penalties. That's called lucky breaks. No pun intended......

Half of Andrew Lucks wins come against the AFC South which consists of the Texans, Jaguars and Titans.

Same personnel....one guy is turning the ball over and putting up horrible stats.....one guy is protecting the ball, has no turnovers,putting up good numbers and winning games.

Last edited:
The colts should trade andrew luck. Clearly Matt Hasselbeck should be the starter. He's their franchise guy. Luck is a bum.

If he didn't play another snap this season due to the "wind knocked out of him" injury .... :lol:

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
Ryan Mallett said he just got the wind knocked out of him and was ready to go back in said he tried to go back in but O'Brien said no

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
Ryan Mallett said that he left the field early because he thought the half was over not because he was frustrated at being replaced

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom