Question about internship resume

d5

I'm currently working on my resume to get an internship at a law firm in the fall and was just wondering how important experience is because I honestlydon't have much. I'm hoping I can land this internship so that it can beef up my sad resume. I'll be getting my bachelor's degree in May andalready have an Associates and just two job experiences but thats pretty much it. I received a call and an email from the law firm asking me to email myresume as well as call them back. Any tips?

I don't think experience is very important, because isn't the whole point of an internship to gain experience?

But heres some tips

Keep your resume short (1 page)
Make it easy to read
make it relevant to the type of internship you're lookin for
Avoid passive voice
Use strong action verbs to describe what you've done ie. Analyzed, Assesed, assisted, collaborated, developed, directed, generated, implemented,initiated....and so on

Well, internships are to gain experience but any relevant work experience is greatly considered when being selected for one.

you def. don't want a generic resume...you want it to reflect the job/intership you're trying to get...

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

I don't think experience is very important, because isn't the whole point of an internship to gain experience?

But heres some tips

Keep your resume short (1 page)
Make it easy to read
make it relevant to the type of internship you're lookin for
Avoid passive voice
Use strong action verbs to describe what you've done ie. Analyzed, Assesed, assisted, collaborated, developed, directed, generated, implemented, initiated....and so on
Everything my man said. Look up some examples online too.

just highlight the transferable skills that you've gained from your other experiences and how they can be used effectively for this internship. like othershave said, internships are meant for you to gain more experience in the specific field you want to get into.

Back
Top Bottom