Quitting before You Get Fired?

Depending on where you work there is potential for a severance package should you be fired/let go. You dont get that if you quit.

Con: No unemployment--depending on your circumstance and state laws
Pro: You have another job lined up already so it doesn't matter...

If you don't have another job lined up, straighten up and do everything to keep your job. Check out the unemployed thread for specifics on why.

Before I worked my bad job today, I worked a worse job....in the weeks leading to March, I had been written up 3 times (all BS
30t6p3b.gif
) and I was basically told that if I messed up one more time that I'd get canned. Luckily for me, my bro put me in at his job and I got hired in a day later....went to work on that half baked Scarface steeze....felt good man

i did it...

asst. manager told me i was about to be fired so i went right back in and put in my two weeks...

i didn't want to be there anymore anyways and it was HS...

Nah it's a situation where I won't reach the quota and I'm on probation so unless a miracle happens I'm pretty much gone. I have another job but it's part time

Originally Posted by kickstart

Originally Posted by trak1sh

How is it on your record if you dont put it as a reference?
Background checks??
i could be wrong but i dont think most forms of background checks will show a reason for why your employment ended, it will just show the time/length of employment.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Background checks??

They can't check for employment history in background checks.

Maybe so, but if you don't put it down as a reference you just have an idle period of time on your resume. Employers will ask what you were doing during that time, and you don't want to tell them you got fired. Also you don't want to tell them you quit your job and were idle for the rest of the time, that's not a good look.

That being said, the truth always comes out in the end.

Background checks??

Source: http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs16-bck.htm#2
What Is Included in a Background Check?

- Past employers

*Depending on the employer.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@Mojo you are right in that there is no given reason as far as end of employment unless offered up by the applicant.
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Does anyone know how to quote more than one person at the same time?? 
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
[/font]

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Background checks??

Maybe so, but if you don't put it down as a reference you just have an idle period of time on your resume. Employers will ask what you were doing during that time, and you don't want to tell them you got fired. Also you don't want to tell them you quit your job and were idle for the rest of the time, that's not a good look.

That why you make a place up. A friend of mine did it and its been a few years and no one knows.

Background checks??

Source: http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs16-bck.htm#2
What Is Included in a Background Check?

- Past employers

*Depending on the employer.

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@Mojo you are right in that there is no given reason as far as end of employment unless offered up by the applicant.
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Does anyone know how to quote more than one person at the same time?? 
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
[/font]

It will just say whether or not if they are eligible to be rehired which kinda gives them a clue on whether or not u quit without giving ur two weeks or got fired

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Background checks??

That why you make a place up. A friend of mine did it and its been a few years and no one knows.

That's cuz they don't care once you're in, it's just risky though. If they actually made the call to see how you were as a worker and they find out you never worked there, to the chopping block you go.

If you're going to make up a place PLEASE do like they did on Seinfeld and put down a friend's phone number with no voicemail recording.

roll.gif
Some employer called me last week and asked if I knew a guy named Marc.... I didn't know what was going on and the lady laughed and said thanks. I'm sure he didn't get the job...I felt bad but yeah...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
be smart about your lies if you must.

Back
Top Bottom