Quitting before You Get Fired?

Fired = funemployment.

my old city job called me in a few years back telling me i could resign or be fired. knowing i had no prior disciplinary problems and i had got in trouble for taking my california state mandated 15 minute break. i worked in a park, i locked the office up for 15 mins, walked to taco bell and came back and some snitch supervisor was there when i came back. when i told them to just fire me they tried to give me a million reasons why i should resign. i told them straight up, im going to keep it real with you guys, what your getting rid of me for is b.s and we both know it, if i resign i don't get unemployment and i have to wait to get my final check. if you fire me, you have to give me my final check right now, and i can then go apply for unemployment later this day for being wrongfully terminated with no previous warnings. the look of anger on my former supervisors face when i flipped everything around on him was comedy because he knew i was right in everything i said.

Originally Posted by MOE FAB UAFA

Fired=Unemployment benefits

yuppp
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Luckily for me, my bro put me in at his job and I got hired in a day later....went to work on that half baked Scarface steeze....felt good man

funny visual
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by kickstart

Background checks??

They can't check for employment history in background checks.

Maybe so, but if you don't put it down as a reference you just have an idle period of time on your resume. Employers will ask what you were doing during that time, and you don't want to tell them you got fired. Also you don't want to tell them you quit your job and were idle for the rest of the time, that's not a good look.

That being said, the truth always comes out in the end.

I've always been told that employment less than 3 months are best if you don't put them in your employment history or references. I quit my job about 2 weeks ago and don't put that in my resume or application. If asked what I've been doing during the unemployed time I just say been looking for another job in this economy.I say you gut it out until you get fired. The unemployment benefits help but to me its never a good idea to depend on it to live off of.

Originally Posted by MALCALA622

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

They can't check for employment history in background checks.

Maybe so, but if you don't put it down as a reference you just have an idle period of time on your resume. Employers will ask what you were doing during that time, and you don't want to tell them you got fired. Also you don't want to tell them you quit your job and were idle for the rest of the time, that's not a good look.

That being said, the truth always comes out in the end.

I've always been told that employment less than 3 months are best if you don't put them in your employment history or references. I quit my job about 2 weeks ago and don't put that in my resume or application. If asked what I've been doing during the unemployed time I just say been looking for another job in this economy.I say you gut it out until you get fired. The unemployment benefits help but to me its never a good idea to depend on it to live off of.

i've interviewed at a few places,  i've either told them the same thing you said, or that i've been going to school full time recently and focusing on that while using $ i saved for a rainy day to hold me down.

I hate my job with a passion, my boss is unbearable and the drive is horrible, takes me about an hour or a little more to get to work from Compton to Hollywood. But yeah can't stand working for my boss, she is tough to please, complains about a lot. Sometimes I wished she just fired me so I could collect unemployment. But I know that I can't quit or I won't get anything.

Originally Posted by Finn

I hate my job with a passion, my boss is unbearable and the drive is horrible, takes me about an hour or a little more to get to work from Compton to Hollywood. But yeah can't stand working for my boss, she is tough to please, complains about a lot. Sometimes I wished she just fired me so I could collect unemployment. But I know that I can't quit or I won't get anything.
get yourself fired without doing anything to extreme
laugh.gif

^^
laugh.gif
What Up Cedric, you still looking for a job? Sent you a PM, get at me. I'm applying to other places so hopefully something comes up quick.

im gonna find something part time when i go back to cali. my 99 weeks of unemployment ran out and i couldn't find anything decent. thankfully i saved up $$$$$$$$ though

I live in compton also where do you stay at and I went through the same thing when I worked at dollarhide health center in compton on rosecrans & oleander and I quit back in november. I feel your pain brotha just stay focused, optimistic and get your money playa.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

im gonna find something part time when i go back to cali. my 99 weeks of unemployment ran out and i couldn't find anything decent. thankfully i saved up $$$$$$$$ though

Wow! 99 weeks on unemployment?...I didn't last a month on unemployment cause I the biggest itch to get back to work being that I have my own place and all but just used to working all the time. If I had claimed unemployment for the 6 months or so I would've ended up with about 9K. It would've been nice but just couldn't do it.Props for saving the money though

Originally Posted by RLAK824

I live in compton also where do you stay at and I went through the same thing when I worked at dollarhide health center in compton on rosecrans & oleander and I quit back in november. I feel your pain brotha just stay focused, optimistic and get your money playa.

Yeah I'm sure another job will come up for me soon. And yeah I'm in Compton, I stay on Greenleaf & Alameda....

Wow! 99 weeks on unemployment?...I didn't last a month on unemployment cause I the biggest itch to get back to work being that I have my own place and all but just used to working all the time. If I had claimed unemployment for the 6 months or so I would've ended up with about 9K. It would've been nice but just couldn't do it.Props for saving the money though

yep a full 99 weeks,  i couldn't find work where i would be making the same salary or more then what i made at my previous job and the jobs i could get paid less then what i would get being on unemployment so it made no sense to sell myself short knowing i deserved better.   it was a fun 99 weeks though, i traveled alot, went alot of places, and looked for work regularly as well.

yep a full 99 weeks,  i couldn't find work where i would be making the same salary or more then what i made at my previous job and the jobs i could get paid less then what i would get being on unemployment so it made no sense to sell myself short knowing i deserved better.   it was a fun 99 weeks though, i traveled alot, went alot of places, and looked for work regularly as well.

I couldn't find work either that matched my previous salary but took a job that came close to it and just didn't work out so well. I quit and it's forced me to move back home. I guess I'll be getting a fresh start and I have a better chance to save up some money since i won't be paying rent. Just noticed you stay in LA

^^^^I collected unemployment for a whole year up until July 2010. It was great collecting unemployment, I was getting $740 every two weeks so it was just enough to pay my bills. I didn't have much disposable income but I sure as hell was happy just chilling and waking up late LOL.

Wouldn't do it unless I had a job lined up that i was 100% sure about. Don't mess up that unemployment

Back
Top Bottom