RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

Didn't Reggie interview Todd Bowles when he was looking for a HC? I might be thinking of someone else.

We also got to take in mind that a good coordinator doesn't automatically translate to good coach. DA was highly regarded when he scooped him. I do think Bowles is the goods though.
DA needed a few more year being a D-coordinator.

I definitely remember hearing Joe Philbin and Bowles. Ray Horton maybe his name also but we got denied a bunch of coordinators with Allen :smh:

well Sparano, you got he juice now. lets see if he can get this team motivated and let these players do what they do best, as he said. I'll have faith in Sparano for now, but not long term, unless he shows other wise obviously.....

Last edited:
Mark Davis said that he will "more say" in the next HC of the Raiders.

we are so fcked
Lol, maybe. maybe he will b smarter next go around.
laugh.gif

I liked Sparanos press conference and for me he said the right things. Hoping he is a able to motivate these players.

I felt bad for McKenzie...dude is lost.
He knows he made a mistake letting Hue go and now he is just throwing stuff at the wall hoping anything sticks.

Now that Allen is gone there is some hope. Finally after 3 years.

Hopefully we dont see screen/checkdown Carr come out of the tunnel in the next few weeks and start vs SD.

On a scale of Jamarcuss to Gannon, Carr is somewhere between Andrew Walter and Jason Campbell (sans Jackson)...not the answer.

For me McGloin is somewhere between Gradkowski and Jeff Hostetler...servicable and can win you games.

I have not seen Shaub start a real game with us so i cant judge but i dont think he has much left if he let Carr beat him out.

Last edited:
Carr is not as bad as Campbell. I wasn't a fan of the Carr pick either but he's shown the ability to air it out and put it in the right spot, which none of our QBs have been able to do over the years (Campbell, Flynn, Schaub, Gradkowski, etc.).

Is he the answer? Is he a franchise QB? A backup? A flop? It's too early to tell. The play-calling hasn't helped him utilize his abilities and he doesn't have enough talent around him to help him succeed. People need to shut up and give him some more time.

I liked Sparanos press conference and for me he said the right things. Hoping he is a able to motivate these players.

I felt bad for McKenzie...dude is lost.
He knows he made a mistake letting Hue go and now he is just throwing stuff at the wall hoping anything sticks.

Now that Allen is gone there is some hope. Finally after 3 years.

Hopefully we dont see screen/checkdown Carr come out of the tunnel in the next few weeks and start vs SD.

On a scale of Jamarcuss to Gannon, Carr is somewhere between Andrew Walter and Jason Campbell (sans Jackson)...not the answer.

For me McGloin is somewhere between Gradkowski and Jeff Hostetler...servicable and can win you games.

I have not seen Shaub start a real game with us so i cant judge but i dont think he has much left if he let Carr beat him out.
you trolling right now? uhh gannon succeeded quite well. Hostetler won a few games but never sniffed the bowl. gradkowski was a good back up, as is mcgloin..and we cant really put a final grade on Carr or compare to any cause the man has only played 4 games. .jus not understandin your thinkin. no shots...

Last edited:
you trolling right now? uhh gannon succeeded quite well. Hostetler won a few games but never sniffed the bowl. gradkowski was a good back up, as is mcgloin..and we cant really put a final grade on Carr or compare to any cause the man has only played 4 games. .jus not understandin your thinkin. no shots...

Exactly

Jamarcuss = 1
Gannon = 10

I never saw Plunkett or Stabler play so Gannon would be a Raider 10 in my lifetime

No shots taken.

We can also compare their first 4 game stats.
Campbell, Walter and Carr are pretty much in the same neighborhood.

Last edited:
Why do you slurp McGloin so much? It's really disturbing

What has Matt McGloin done to earn praise?

Last edited:
Carr is not as bad as Campbell. I wasn't a fan of the Carr pick either but he's shown the ability to air it out and put it in the right spot, which none of our QBs have been able to do over the years (Campbell, Flynn, Schaub, Gradkowski, etc.).

Is he the answer? Is he a franchise QB? A backup? A flop? It's too early to tell. The play-calling hasn't helped him utilize his abilities and he doesn't have enough talent around him to help him succeed. People need to shut up and give him some more time.

Why should people give him more than 4 games?

How many did Campbell get before the criticism came?
Pryor?
Gradkowski?
Flynn?
Marinovich?
Caulpepper?
Walter?
Tsaudjjdjdnndbpopo ?

Is it cuz he is a rookie?

Bortles and Teddy looked pretty good.
Ive always said Geno sucks.

You can tell early on. What makes people think QBs just wake up one day and become steller.

Why do you slurp McGloin so much? It's really disturbing

Same reason you slurp Carr

Its funny cuz only a handful of Raider and Jets fans support Carr and Geno Smith. The non bias outsider knows they both suck but the respective GMs or Owners demand they start.

Last edited:

Pryor?
Gradkowski?
Flynn?
Marinovich?
Caulpepper?
Walter?
Tsaudjjdjdnndbpopo ?

You can tell early on. What makes people think QBs just wake up one day and become steller.
get what your saying and Carr deff isn't the anointed one yet, but he still gets the benefit of the doubt from me cause he hasn't showed me that he truly sucks. I know that when you see a QB you can tell off bat. but look at Alex Smith. garbage in SF, why? casue the situation he was in. 4-5 different OCs in his 6 years, now he cookin in Kansas City. hell he even cooked in SF until he got hurt cause he finally had direction....

Nobody criticized Pryor or Campbell. Pryor started sucking once teams found out he couldn't throw for ****. Nobody wanted Campbell gone he believed he was a starter and left. The other guys on that list are :rolleyes

get what your saying and Carr deff isn't the anointed one yet, but he still gets the benefit of the doubt from me cause he hasn't showed me that he truly sucks. I know that when you see a QB you can tell off bat. but look at Alex Smith. garbage in SF, why? casue the situation he was in. 4-5 different OCs in his 6 years, now he cookin in Kansas City. hell he even cooked in SF until he got hurt cause he finally had direction....

True

I would have made the same move though.
I would have taken Kap over Smith like Harbaugh did.
I think Andy reed is a great coach. With a great coach you can bring out the maximum potential of your players kind of like Hue did with Run DMC and Campbell. I actually liked Campbell toward the end but Smith and Campbell are/were limited. Carr is also limited. I dont dislike Carr as a person just as the QB of my team.

Question is how many games or years are people willing to give Carr. I gave him three games (like I gave Allen). Some may give Carr 3 years. Ive been waiting too long for us to win.

Last edited:
I have to give Carr a full season but it's always variables. The coaching staff already in disarray for the guy and he'll prolly have a diff OC next year. Cards aren't that great for him as a rookie

Pryor?
Gradkowski?
Flynn?
Marinovich?
Caulpepper?
Walter?
Tsaudjjdjdnndbpopo ?

Why should we give him more than 4 games? Do you not see the product on the field? Do you not see the limitations they've put on the kid? Did guys like Brees and even Peyton Manning excel from the get go? NO they did not.

I actually like what i see in carr thus far. Not like we have great recievers or te or weapons in general. Thonk Think he will improve with time. What rookie qb do u know of other then marino who did well without an elite defense.

On the harbough topic. I quiet honestly dont think he woll be tjat great for us. Lets not forget he came into a gr8 situation woth a gr8 defense. The offense wasnt gr8 by any means.but lets not pretend our team is a hc away. We still need players and this draft has been the most productive we have seen in a while with guys starting and getting praise from the media.

This will take time and i will see it out. I want the team to stay in oakland. No need to go to la where the fans are fair weather like crazy. What other city has had multiple franchises come only to leave there is a reason they dont have a team now

Back
Top Bottom