Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

2 minutes in and I can tell this gon be good.

I had the weebay face when Mustard said he got his name because his real name is Dijon. Bruh was like idk why she named me that 
laugh.gif

The Chance D-riding
sick.gif

That ***** is truly hip hops "feel good story". Shorty ain't even "like that". He cool, but damn. You'd think he made 5 illmatics the way ***** talk about him.
It's cuz he's the most likeable ****** out there. That makes him more marketable than anyone else. And folks were feeling his **** before he blew up.

The Chance D-riding :x

That ***** is truly hip hops "feel good story". Shorty ain't even "like that". He cool, but damn. You'd think he made 5 illmatics the way ***** talk about him.

I heard his family has connects everywhere and I have no choice but to believe it. The features and cosigns this guy gets makes no sense.

The Chance D-riding :x

Chance is trash man

I heard his family has connects everywhere and I have no choice but to believe it. The features and cosigns this guy gets makes no sense.
Heard this a few times in here. Who are the connects and what his family do?

Last edited:
No way anyone can convince me that Joe wasn't hating on Drake today. That was overt. He realized it himself and tried to dial it back with that "devils advocate" schtick.

Then the whole "I never heard you dj" crap.

Getting harder to listen for me.
He was definitely hating. And Akademiks sounded dumb too. Take Care has his most hits, but More life is his most acclaimed project to date as far as critics go 

No way anyone can convince me that Joe wasn't hating on Drake today. That was overt. He realized it himself and tried to dial it back with that "devils advocate" schtick.

Then the whole "I never heard you dj" crap.

Getting harder to listen for me.
Take Care has his most hits, but More life is his most acclaimed project to date as far as critics go 

For real? That **** was boring and empty.

Last edited:
I like the DJ Mustard producing segment. I like when the artists get to talk about themselves. I agree with him on the DJ battle thing. It's pretty much a hit battle, the winner is always gonna be the one with the most hits. Also with it being Metros time at the moment. I wonder what producer got next seeing how the sound hasn't changed all that much from when he blew up.

Was definitely a fan of More Life.

SFG -> IYRTITL -> More Life

The only three projects from Drake I can make it through.

For me, it's a toss up between IYRTITL and More Life as his best project from start to end

Was definitely a fan of More Life.

SFG -> IYRTITL -> More Life

The only three projects from Drake I can make it through.
Yep those are the 3 best drake projects to me in that order, I can make it through them all though.

Still don't understand the praise Take Care gets. Outside of Cameras, I don't listen to anything else off that album. But to each. :lol:

That was the time when his songwriting was at its peak

Over my dead body, Shot for me, Headlines, Crew Love, Take Care, Marvins Room all fire. Can't say I know  many albums with 18 songs in which the first 6 are all hits. Album loses steam after that for me though

More Life was a slightly better Views to me. Boring and a bunch of songs about nothing. His music never really had much substance but Take Care sounds way better than those.

Not to turn this into the drake thread, but what exactly do you mean by the music never had much substance?

Back
Top Bottom