Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Left Texas back in 2015 after living there since ‘99. I don’t have social media so I don’t really keep up with newer artists but I found this on YT and thought this **** was fire. Remind me of that old H-Town **** I like.

Damn, apparently he just paid $20k to have somebody chain snatched :lol: :smh:

Anita Baker and Luther samples is HAAAAAARRRRRDDDD

Song was okay, didn't like it as much as his last few. Too long, too much **** I didn't care about.

Hope Vol. 3 is dope, I hated Vol. 2

Last edited:
Since 1992 😞.

I still remember hearing this songs remix with Busta on the radio and losing my mind! At this time no MC was hotter than Busta and people were literally begging him to get on their songs...with him inevitably outshining them on their own single...until I heard this song. Felt like Busta was kid rhyming with adults...So many jewels and gems in one song!

Literally one of the last songs I ever recorded on tape from the radio! Was so excited to play it in my friends Mom's car on the way to the mall trying to meet girls in my Jordan 7s...knew every verse and lyric before I even left the house. These verses came alive. Had 7s on my feet when Zev spoke on the 7 and the Crescent. Was looking for girls when Busta spoke on looking for girls. Ended up looking at myself and those around me differently when Lord J spoke on knowledge of self and Onyx spoke on church. Then Sadat with the "Devils still can't build a Pyramid" verse??? Sheesh! Living lyrics for the first time in real time. Felt like they were speaking to me directly! I finally found my place!

Literally changed my life hearing these brothers refer to themselves as The GOD SQUAD!!! Felt 20 feet tall!!!

Thank you Mr. Dumile for sharing your gifts with us! We are grateful and will miss you dearly. You Sir have definitely left this place so much better than you found it. Wherever you are is a lucky place indeed.

Last edited:
Left Texas back in 2015 after living there since ‘99. I don’t have social media so I don’t really keep up with newer artists but I found this on YT and thought this **** was fire. Remind me of that old H-Town **** I like.

Damn, apparently he just paid $20k to have somebody chain snatched :lol: :smh:

Sauce Walka and TSF saying he a rat

Back
Top Bottom