Reebok Answer IV's August 2012?

It was right after he left Adidas

I think he was just testing different brands out because he had a bunch of Jordan PE's too

Wow, so they put it in the red pair and black pair, but not the OG OG colorway of the shoe?  Wow...NO DMX, NO REAL HEXALITE (in the other retros), NO REAL SHOCKPAD INSOLE in the ANSWER IV (but they put it in the Questions....?), NOTHING....  I'm so done with Reebok, it's not even funny.  Kinda s***** in my book to tug at peoples' heartstrings, knowing how important these shoes are for a lot of people, and then strip the shoe of EVERYTHING that made it great.....

They did this crap in 2005 with the Answer IV retro, with crappier colorways, and they're doing it again, on a more public release level.  Last time, Reebok didn't even announce it or anything, just let it slip through Eastbay that they were available again without this whole "limited release" crap....

NO 3M either..SMH

its basically a shell of its former self...the 3m and DMX with the bulldog insole made this shoe pop...it is so watered down..

boy, you guys said it! my navy/gray IVs came in yesterday from zappos (repped for that link btw) and i'm real disappointed with them. it's like walking on cardboard compared to OGs. i'm seriously debating whether or not to return them. they look nice, but that's about it. i'll post pics when i get home later today.

It sucks, because the Navy colorway was the one I wanted when I was a kid SOOOO bad.  I ended getting the all white lows, but they were way too huge for me (I wore like a 9/9.5 and it was a size 13 lol).  I didn't care; DMX made me withstand it, and just HAVING the shoes that were hot at the time was good enough for me....

Reebok is really messing with my emotions on these.  These are my favorite shoes of all time, this colorway in particular, and they just butcher it....

SMMFH.......

Was all geeked to cop these but not gonna do it at full price. Especially with no tech in the shoe at all. Why even re-issue these kicks if you are going to cheap out on it

good thing i visited this thread..... wanted the black pair for outdoor hoops this summer but now it's a definite pass with no tech.. smh

If the answer 5 comes as watered down as yall say this is ima be heated. I plan to go all out when those come back.... need the white and reds, black and grey, white and grey, white and baby blue, hell all of them

Just ordered my pair of hoyas from footlocker with the bday coupon solely due to the memories of not being able to get them in 7th grade haha. Don't care that its stripped down just too much nostalgia to not cop :smokin

good thing i visited this thread..... wanted the black pair for outdoor hoops this summer but now it's a definite pass with no tech.. smh

well in my opinion if nba star players can still play in these poor versions then they cant be that bad to ball in. they wont be like the og but im sure they are still adequate enough to do the job

well in my opinion if nba star players can still play in these poor versions then they cant be that bad to ball in. they wont be like the og but im sure they are still adequate enough to do the job

I tried to play in mine the other day...: my back has never been so sore...

The Questions on the other hand...they did those justice with Hexalite and forefoot foam ...

You do realize most nba players have custom orthotics and insoles in their kicks right. I can remember when Steven Jackson switched from Jordan's to protege's a while back; he did an interview where they asked him how the comfort compares and his response was something like I wear custom orthotics and insoles so I really don't feel much of a difference.

Navy pair doesn't come with the bulldog insole. Smh
Wow, so they put it in the red pair and black pair, but not the OG OG colorway of the shoe?  Wow...NO DMX, NO REAL HEXALITE (in the other retros), NO REAL SHOCKPAD INSOLE in the ANSWER IV (but they put it in the Questions....?), NOTHING....  I'm so done with Reebok, it's not even funny.  Kinda s***** in my book to tug at peoples' heartstrings, knowing how important these shoes are for a lot of people, and then strip the shoe of EVERYTHING that made it great.....

They did this crap in 2005 with the Answer IV retro, with crappier colorways, and they're doing it again, on a more public release level.  Last time, Reebok didn't even announce it or anything, just let it slip through Eastbay that they were available again without this whole "limited release" crap....

2 other differences from the OG are

- The added velcro strap at the top of the zipper. I know the OGs had trouble staying open but I didnt care. The strap just looks like an afterthought to me...because it is

- The bubble in the heel of the sole with Iversons face was an aluminum insert on the OGs instead of plastic on the retros. I kinda prefer the rubber face insert on the retros though becaue the metal insert got dented very easily, especially on gravel :x
I wonder if the insert was metal in the OGs to protect the large heel DMX unit from getting punctured ?

2 other differences from the OG are

- The added velcro strap at the top of the zipper. I know the OGs had trouble staying open but I didnt care. The strap just looks like an afterthought to me...because it is

- The bubble in the heel of the sole with Iversons face was an aluminum insert on the OGs instead of plastic on the retros. I kinda prefer the rubber face insert on the retros though because the metal insert got dented very easily, especially on gravel :x
I wonder if the insert was metal in the OGs to protect the large heel DMX unit from getting punctured ?

Yea, good point about those two facts. I overlooked the rubber Iverson face because I was so disappointed by the lack of DMX. If I could get a pair for 40 something (like above) I'd be all over them for rocking purposes, but I refuse to support Reebok when they pull this crap, and they deserve to have the financial troubles they are having for pulling the crap they have in the past couple of years with no tech in their retros...

Okay, I'm done now lol

Haha, nice dude. If I had spare money, and the price was lower, I'd cop for sentimental reasons. As it stands, I sold my black/white Answer IV retro because I bought the Georgetown Questions (which actually has the Hexalite tech) and wanted to make some of that money back. I figure the Answers are going to be on sale soon, so I can cop those later (the White/Blue particularly).

Like I said, if it weren't for these shoes, I wouldn't have gotten into the shoe game in 7th grade; these started it all for me, so for that reason, I'm gonna find a way to cop regardless. However, like I've said before, I refuse to give Reebok MORE MONEY than what the originals use to cost for less of a shoe, and will not support them when they choose to release these without SOME KIND of air transfer technology that would at least make the shoe feel like it use to. I don't care what it would've been called, as long as it felt like the original (and put the dang performance sockliner in the Answers IV like you already do in the Questions Reebok...sheesh...)

Last edited:
Despite whatever tech these are missing they are still comfortable

I do hate that velcro strap though

Last edited:
Haha, nice dude. If I had spare money, and the price was lower, I'd cop for sentimental reasons. As it stands, I sold my black/white Answer IV retro because I bought the Georgetown Questions (which actually has the Hexalite tech) and wanted to make some of that money back. I figure the Answers are going to be on sale soon, so I can cop those later (the White/Blue particularly).

Like I said, if it weren't for these shoes, I wouldn't have gotten into the shoe game in 7th grade; these started it all for me, so for that reason, I'm gonna find a way to cop regardless. However, like I've said before, I refuse to give Reebok MORE MONEY than what the originals use to cost for less of a shoe, and will not support them when they choose to release these without SOME KIND of air transfer technology that would at least make the shoe feel like it use to. I don't care what it would've been called, as long as it felt like the original (and put the dang performance sockliner in the Answers IV like you already do in the Questions Reebok...sheesh...)

I feel you

I bought all of those for way under box price except for the blue questions. However, I did get those for $99 probably 4 or 5 years ago from pys. That's $25 under today's retail price so I can't even be mad lol.

I had all white with black detailing answer ivs in high school as well, they need to bring those back. Not big on the answer v although I did hoop in the black and grey pair

I feel you

I bought all of those for way under box price except for the blue questions. However, I did get those for $99 probably 4 or 5 years ago from pys. That's $25 under today's retail price so I can't even be mad lol.
Yup same boat i would say ive been paying for my QnA between $70-90 shipped my most recent 1 is the gt Qs for $88
I think the only one i paid above retail is the practice question for 160

Waiting for them low Qs below 100 shipped :smile:

The strap is the only reason I haven't bought the red or navy pair yet. I hate that strap so ******g much :x

Back
Top Bottom