Reebok Answer IV's August 2012?

I just got my pair in the mail yesterday from Sneaker Politics, and I sized down too low.  I got the White/Black colorway when they first dropped, and they were a little big, so I decided to try a 9 instead of 9.5.....big mistake.  It sucks, and idk whether I should keep them to see if they break in and stretch or just sell them.....

Also, it feels like the DMX is different in these vs my White/Black pair I sold.  They don't feel so much like cardboard (not as comfy as the OG DMX though...), and the DMX Foam reminds me of the DMX they used in the Answer X (which was very comfortable and hoopable).  This is odd to me why they would feel different, but perhaps it's because I got them too small...? Either way, these feel more comfortable than the Black/White, just too small.

I think I'm going to call Finishline or Footlocker and see if they'll let me swap out for a bigger size and just say I lost my receipt lol....

Last edited:
First post in this thread... Kicksdeal.com tip. $60 shipped for the Georgetowns.

Last edited:
Ah man, too bad I'm late to this because my brother would've loved these. It's the colorway he wore in high school.

I am having a small concern with my new reebok answer 4, I noticed that the VELCRO STRAP is detaching itself automatically when I am playing basketball, especially when I'm about to make a jumpshot or when I am running at high speed. I would like to ask if there is a way to TIGHTEN the VELCRO STRAP so that when I am using it during a game it will stay as it is.

On the positive side, when I am using it CASUALLY (walking) the velcro strap stays on it.

Thanks in a advance

I am having a small concern with my new reebok answer 4, I noticed that the VELCRO STRAP is detaching itself automatically when I am playing basketball, especially when I'm about to make a jumpshot or when I am running at high speed. I would like to ask if there is a way to TIGHTEN the VELCRO STRAP so that when I am using it during a game it will stay as it is.

On the positive side, when I am using it CASUALLY (walking) the velcro strap stays on it.

Thanks in a advance
You hoop in these.......? Your legs and back must be made of steel....

Last edited:
Yep, I bought a black/grey/red colorway and I am comfortable with it when playing basketball, in fact I can run faster with it. I also feel that my ankle is safe when I am jumping because the leather on the "ankle part" contracts my ankle.

I have been using it since last month and I am satisfied with it.

Although the only thing that bothers me is the VELCRO STRAP, other than that i'd give it 9/10 for a RETRO

PS: why would you not play with it? ANYWAY IT IS A BASKETBALL SHOES =)

Yep, I bought a black/grey/red colorway and I am comfortable with it when playing basketball, in fact I can run faster with it. I also feel that my ankle is safe when I am jumping because the leather on the "ankle part" contracts my ankle.

I have been using it since last month and I am satisfied with it.

Although the only thing that bothers me is the VELCRO STRAP, other than that i'd give it 9/10 for a RETRO

PS: why would you not play with it? ANYWAY IT IS A BASKETBALL SHOES =)

You must not have played in the original version because you would know these suck compared to the originals. DMX foam cushioning is almost nonexistent and you can't really really feel it. I tried playing in my black and white pair and my back hurt really bad because they were uncomfortable...

You must not have played in the original version because you would know these suck compared to the originals. DMX foam cushioning is almost nonexistent and you can't really really feel it. I tried playing in my black and white pair and my back hurt really bad because they were uncomfortable...
I did, I had one way back, and YES there is a big difference, but the performance is still OK, I use it from time to time and like I said I had no problem with it. I guess it will depend on the person wearing it, 

oh and I would just like to know, how old are you anyway?

PS: It is a basketball shoes, why would I not play with it?

I did, I had one way back, and YES there is a big difference, but the performance is still OK, I use it from time to time and like I said I had no problem with it. I guess it will depend on the person wearing it, 

oh and I would just like to know, how old are you anyway?

PS: It is a basketball shoes, why would I not play with it?

I'm 26, and you're right I guess. To give the shoes credit, I think some versions are cushioned a little better than others (like the white/blue pair). I have back problems as well, so the only shoes I have been able to play basketball in is the Questions; those have cushioning for days....

Reading comfort/performance reviews on this site are always funny. :lol:

I got my tracking info from YCMC this morning :pimp:

Last edited:
You're so lucky to have an OG pair. Is the DMX in the OG still in tact? These retros are still OK, but I'm curious as to how they feel in comparison (like one each shoe on each foot)....

Idk they're too small now and BEAT.

Paying 60 shipped for these it's gonna be hard for me to grab other colorways I don't think I've seen any of the recent Iversons aside from the Georgetown IVs drop below $90 or around $80 with discount codes. White/black and White/red IVs are still $109 some places :x

You're so lucky to have an OG pair. Is the DMX in the OG still in tact? These retros are still OK, but I'm curious as to how they feel in comparison (like one each shoe on each foot)....

Idk they're too small now and BEAT.

Paying 60 shipped for these it's gonna be hard for me to grab other colorways I don't think I've seen any of the recent Iversons aside from the Georgetown IVs drop below $90 or around $80 with discount codes. White/black and White/red IVs are still $109 some places :x

Odd to me that everyone went nuts over the red toe questions and everything since has sat.. Though i guess most have been retro +(correct me if im wrong)

I hope the answer 1s all sit too when they start releasing.

I'm curious to see if they will actually incorporate the real dmx 10 in these, since nightwing2303 said the 10th anniversary Answer I had it.

Also, it would make sense, since the DMX 10 Run has it also (unless I'm mistaken, and people are mistaking the sockliner for the DMX cushioning in the runners, when its really not in there)...?

I'm curious to see if they will actually incorporate the real dmx 10 in these, since nightwing2303 said the 10th anniversary Answer I had it.

Also, it would make sense, since the DMX 10 Run has it also (unless I'm mistaken, and people are mistaking the sockliner for the DMX cushioning in the runners, when its really not in there)...?
i have the 10th ani answer 1s.

they do NOT have the real dmx.

i had the OGs when they first came out. the 10th ani. feel NOTHING like the OGs

i watched nightwings vid too, i thought dude was mistaken or i just heard him wrong when he said it.

the OG dmx 10 setup is a completey unique experience that i have yet to come across in any shoe since the OG answer 1. it isnt a "slight" sensation either. you can REALLY FEEL the air moving around the sole in the OGs.

i have the 10th ani answer 1s.
they do NOT have the real dmx.

i had the OGs when they first came out. the 10th ani. feel NOTHING like the OGs

i watched nightwings vid too, i thought dude was mistaken or i just heard him wrong when he said it.

the OG dmx 10 setup is a completey unique experience that i have yet to come across in any shoe since the OG answer 1. it isnt a "slight" sensation either. you can REALLY FEEL the air moving around the sole in the OGs.

We all know nike puts a stripped down version of the og tech in retros (am 95) but I wonder what the rationale was to take it out completely in the answers? The looks AND the comfort made these legendary. They prob did it to save money but it's backfired since these joints are sitting everywhere

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom