Reebok Answer IV's August 2012?

i have the 10th ani answer 1s.
they do NOT have the real dmx.

i had the OGs when they first came out. the 10th ani. feel NOTHING like the OGs

i watched nightwings vid too, i thought dude was mistaken or i just heard him wrong when he said it.

the OG dmx 10 setup is a completey unique experience that i have yet to come across in any shoe since the OG answer 1. it isnt a "slight" sensation either. you can REALLY FEEL the air moving around the sole in the OGs.

Yea, I figured he must've been mistaken, but he did make it clear that the Answer IV retro didn't have the OG DMX in them, so I figured he knew what he was supposed to feel for....guess not. I, too, have the OG Answer I (blue patent colorway), and had a feeling they wouldn't feel like the OGs again...

We all know nike puts a stripped down version of the og tech in retros (am 95) but I wonder what the rationale was to take it out completely in the answers? The looks AND the comfort made these legendary. They prob did it to save money but it's backfired since these joints are sitting everywhere

From what I've read and been told before, Reebok no longer owns the rights to the actual DMX technology, only the name "DMX". Being owned by Adidas now, I imagine that's why they have the crappy "new DMX foam" that they're slapping in the shoes, while still being legally able to tag the shoes with the "DMX" moniker to trick people into buying the shoes. They're also hoping people won't remember how the originals felt, and also probably banking on the fact that a lot of people buying these will be kids who never knew what the originals felt like because they probably couldn't afford them back in the day. So, with that strategy, people can't complain they don't feel like the OGs since they never experienced the OGs, while saving money and putting crap in the shoes...

I wonder how AI looked when he put on these retros and dint feel the DMX lmao. He was prolly like "whatever, as long as they sell like they did back in the day...." hahaha

Last edited:
Looks like all the sites have discounted the IV's Finishline and eastbay have them at $99 or less. For some reason the blue and greys (gtowns) are still full price on eastbay with a FSR. I wonder who's holding out on that color selling at full price LOL

Finishline has all its pairs for $80 and there is a 10 dollars off coupon on retailmenot.com. Great price IMO
Thanks for that.  Just picked up a couple pairs.  Hopefully I picked the right size on these.  From what I read, they run big.

Think I had a pair of these when I was younger.. but low top versions? I don't remember mine having the little strap.

Last edited:
Pretty sure he's lying/trolling and its the Pumas for 19.99 but :nerd:

Last edited:
Regardless of whether that $19.99 price is correct, it's pretty sad that those shoes are still sitting even on the clearance rack especially considering that they released almost a year ago and were "limited" to a degree. Just shows you how much of a commercial failure the Answer IVs were.

Last edited:
^ they were a success when they first came out. This time, they should have had rappers and hosts wear them like they did with the questions. If they looked like the OGs and also didn't have that strap, I would have copped a red and navy for retail

They failed this time around because sneaker heads know there is no dmx and non sneaker heads dont feel that style anymore...

They failed in 2005 and 2006 with the answer iv retro as well.

They failed this time around because sneaker heads know there is no dmx and non sneaker heads dont feel that style anymore...

They failed in 2005 and 2006 with the answer iv retro as well.

I wouldn't refer to myself as a 'sneakerhead' but you do bring up good points. At the very least Reebok needs to use tools like IG, Twitter, FB and so forth to generate hype for their product. They came out swinging at the start of the year with the Kamikaze II and it looks like they've run out of steam now. No updates, no news, nothing.

I don't think the DMX played a factor in the sale of these at all. Answer 4s were a GR and the demand just wasn't there. The only reeboks that were selling out in the last year were the limited ones. People don't have the same connection to those as they do the questions and let's not forget how the nubuck toe questions went down to $19.99 just 3 years ago when they weren't limited. I guarantee the vast majority of people who bought the red toe questions last year didn't have a single clue what hexalite is. If you were to go to the next foamposite line up and 1 by 1 ask the people in line what zoom air is, I bet you get more blank looks than actual people who know what is. These are a niche sneaker at this point. They sold well in 2001 because Iverson was actually playing, was in the finals, and was the MVP of the league. Iverson was like a rockstar back then. He's an afterthought to consumers at this point, except to people like me who were Iverson stans as a kid lol.

I don't think the DMX played a factor in the sale of these at all. Answer 4s were a GR and the demand just wasn't there. The only reeboks that were selling out in the last year were the limited ones. People don't have the same connection to those as they do the questions and let's not forget how the nubuck toe questions went down to $19.99 just 3 years ago when they weren't limited. I guarantee the vast majority of people who bought the red toe questions last year didn't have a single clue what hexalite is. If you were to go to the next foamposite line up and 1 by 1 ask the people in line what zoom air is, I bet you get more blank looks than actual people who know what is. These are a niche sneaker at this point. They sold well in 2001 because Iverson was actually playing, was in the finals, and was the MVP of the league. Iverson was like a rockstar back then. He's an afterthought to consumers at this point, except to people like me who were Iverson stans as a kid lol.

Those are good points. I guess I kind of have a sneakerhead-biased view on the situation, as I'm still butthurt they didn't put proper DMX in the Answer IV (my favorite shoe of all time)

I wish I could mute the word DMX like on twitter.

All the Iverson shoe threads would be 10 pages or less with out DMX discussion :lol: Like in 09 :rolleyes

Just picked up the wht/navy Answer 4's from WSS. They emailed me a fathers day coupon so they came up to $55 before tax! Good start to my Friday :smile:

I think people are putting too much emphasis on the DMX technology.  I had the originals and these retros and there is hardly a difference.  I'm enjoying my pairs and actually brings back memories to be able to buy a sig shoe at a discount.  My only gripe has been that the back of my ankle is chafing.

I think people are putting too much emphasis on the DMX technology.  I had the originals and these retros and there is hardly a difference.  I'm enjoying my pairs and actually brings back memories to be able to buy a sig shoe at a discount.  My only gripe has been that the back of my ankle is chafing.

How can you even say that? I'm sorry, but when they release a shoe for MORE than what it originally sold for with LESS tech(setting aside factors like l inflation and economy changes since then), I'm going to complain, especially when this shoe holds so much sentimental value.

And there is no way you can have this shoe (having worn the original) and NOT notice the change in comfort. Not only is there no DMX, but they didn't even bother to put the same original sockliner as the originals (which, btw, they are putting in the Questions retros STILL...)

i hate that all my og shockpad insoles are crumbling :frown: i use them for every shoe i wear including nikes and adidas. just swap them out... reebok needs to sell these insoles seperately.

Still do not understand why reebok put their basketball division on hold as far as new shoes and not retros. a decent designed shoe with a simple shockpad insole and hexalite set up would be damn good balling shoes. it doesnt always have to be about tech ie zig and dmx

still do not understand why they didnt put 3m on the black pair. the first time they retroed i think they did but the bottom outsole was left black on the rear which totally killed the grey scheme of the shoe

Y
i hate that all my og shockpad insoles are crumbling :frown: i use them for every shoe i wear including nikes and adidas. just swap them out... reebok needs to sell these insoles seperately.

Still do not understand why reebok put their basketball division on hold as far as new shoes and not retros. a decent designed shoe with a simple shockpad insole and hexalite set up would be damn good balling shoes. it doesnt always have to be about tech ie zig and dmx

still do not understand why they didnt put 3m on the black pair. the first time they retroed i think they did but the bottom outsole was left black on the rear which totally killed the grey scheme of the shoe

Yea, the 2005 Answer IV retro had the 3m on the whole swipe on the black and grey pair, and even the original shockpad insole (without the tattoo print, however). They made these Answer IV retros even worse than the ALREADY FAILED 2005 retro...

^ thanks. Copped those and some Knicks M&N gear for my lady.

Now I just need the red pair and I'm set...

Back
Top Bottom