Reebok The Rail, Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson signature is back for the first time

The Blast is coming out this August in 2 original colorways and there will be some color + after that.
 lol its not that

that 39.99 is better than i expected

i just have so much else i still need to buy
We all do brother, we all do...

Damn shame to see Reebok almost give away these well made, ridiculously comfy joints but hopefully it'll get more cats interested in Reebok offerings.

Probably not gonna happen, not enough hype you know, but that's OK. They might consider making them more limited though, otherwise the profit is not going to be too big this year. 

^^^
Can't limit everything - getting the factory to output limited quantities would actually cost Reebok more per unit in the grand scheme of things. Rail, Blast, etc... simply don't resonate with the kids and the older cats who do remember these joints may have other priorities. In the short term it's nice to get discounts but looking ahead Reebok may choose not to retro their non-marquee player line up (i.e. sigs not affiliated with AI or Shaq). I wanted to throw Kemp's name in there but the Kami I isn't moving too well either.

Maybe Reebok needs to get some of their ICE lineup back on the market.

Last edited:
Well if you ask me, they need to retro it all, everything from 89 to about 98, But, and the But is big, they need to market it right, tell the story, explain the tech, show the superior quality they have, make some old school commercials, or just digitize the old ones and release them again. I think with proper strategy, they can move a lot more pairs.  

That's just my hopes and dreams though...

Now that the retro craze is in full effect for every brand out there, I've been buying all my childhood favorites for the super low. I don't even bother attempting to cop at retail because I know they'll eventually be dirt cheap after a few weeks. I guess that doesn't help Reebok at all, but oh well.

Love the quality on these and they are very comfortable.

View media item 854646

Now if they had the Black/White/Red one for that price, would have been a def cop, still waiting on them to drop. 
Keeping an eye out for a similar deal on those. I'll definitely jump on it considering how nice my Bucks pair is.

you guys hurry up and buy these shoes and make um sold out. i just bought kamikaze 1 for 60 shipped but for some reason its making me want these now too :lol:

My white/black/red arrives today, and I am pretty excited to have these back. Now it's Blasts, Blacktops... that might do it for Reeboks (unless I can find a damn sz12 of Black Attaqs at a nice price!).

* Edit - Just arrived, and they are great. Comfortable, good materials. Love it.

Last edited:
Well if you ask me, they need to retro it all, everything from 89 to about 98, But, and the But is big, they need to market it right, tell the story, explain the tech, show the superior quality they have, make some old school commercials, or just digitize the old ones and release them again. I think with proper strategy, they can move a lot more pairs.  
That's just my hopes and dreams though...

Agreed 100% trent, I'll be buying 'em all. I do agree that they need to change their marketing strategy - those barbershop ads aren't that great and they barely showcase the shoes. Alot of these are really good hooping shoes and they need to focus on that aspect - show some cats in the gym shooting hoops, etc...

They also need to drop Rick Ross and his posse and just get some freebies/promos out for athletes or 'celebs' to wear.

This is what I am talking about, I get the chills when I watch it, brings me back 20+ years a go.

The Blast is coming out this August in 2 original colorways and there will be some color + after that.

We all do brother, we all do...
sweet i cant wait for that, so why no thread on them yet? such an awesome different shoe, gunna have to grab the black/whte pair

Well damn, my bad. I thought is just a quick question thread :smile:

Last edited:
Its funny how quickly those got shipped and the pair I ordered from YCMC on Monday is still not being shipped.

Its funny how quickly those got shipped and the pair I ordered from YCMC on Monday is still not being shipped.

Seems like some places are like...

1378785502933.gif

This deal is just way too good, I might have to double up on these just for the $40 price tag, when I think I paid $80+ a week before the release date and I was feeling lucky. Now if they had the Black/White/Red one for that price, would have been a def cop, still waiting on them to drop. 

P.S. F-it, I copped. 
View media item 853915

I see ALL the rails going on sale for dirt cheap... eventually

Back
Top Bottom