regions in the united states that have a predominant language that isnt english unappreciation vol.

OP I've been living in South Florida for almost 3 years. I still can't understand that' "Cubanese" y'all speak. Most of the time y'all sound like you're trying to swallow cotton balls. And I thought that Dominicans speak bad spanish :lol: guess I'm wrong.

No shade though fam, Y'all wimmenz is fine and y'all cool peeps.

Last edited:
I believe in respecting the law of the land you are in, but its funny seeing people get their jimmies ruslted by this stuff. I dont patronize businesses that cant communicate with me to do business so its a non factor.

If im in Spain i wont expect them to accomodate me so i would do what is needed to get by, if they are able to speak english cool, if not i understand.

But then again I have no desire to ever visit spain lol

I believe in respecting the law of the land you are in, but its funny seeing people get their jimmies ruslted by this stuff. I dont patronize businesses that cant communicate with me to do business so its a non factor.

If im in Spain i wont expect them to accomodate me so i would do what is needed to get by, if they are able to speak english cool, if not i understand.

But then again I have no desire to ever visit spain lol

America is a melting pot... There is no set "culture" we have people from all over the world that have their own cultures in every city. You can't compare America to a country like Spain.

Last edited:
America is a melting pot... There is no set "culture" we have people from all over the world that have their own cultures in every city. You can't compare America to a country like Spain.

There is a such thing as American culture. That culture is made up of the traditions of the various europeans and africans meshing and mixing. The circumstances of the creation of American culture is another story. Now whether you want to honor and acknowledge that is your problem.

There is a such thing as American culture. That culture is made up of the traditions of the various europeans and africans meshing and mixing. The circumstances of the creation of American culture is another story. Now whether you want to honor and acknowledge that is your problem.

I'll agree to disagree with you on this one

i agree.

Anthony bourdains show parts unknown had an episode yesterday in charleston SC and it was a GREAT example of american culture.

i agree.

Anthony bourdains show parts unknown had an episode yesterday in charleston SC and it was a GREAT example of american culture.

Its like saying brazillians have no culture lol. Its like me telling him cubans have no culture lf their own because they speak spanish and are a melting pot of africans, indiginous people ans europeans.

The fact of the matter is forginers do not honor American culture.

Blacks in America literally created new forms of music and dude is saying America has no culture.

Last edited:
I like that I can step outside and hear a half dozen different languages.

If you're a xenophobic anglophile get the hell out of the city. 90% of this country is reserved for you, take your *** to some flyover state, you won't be missed in your city.

Last edited:
That is correct. I wasn't born here and we came when I was around 7 and have left and been back multiple times after living in different countries. Didn't mean to offend anybody :lol: I just have a different opinion and view on the subject

So I assume you believe where ever you are from has a culture, correct?

If so what makes where you come from have a culture but not America?

i agree.

Its like saying brazillians have no culture lol. Its like me telling him cubans have no culture lf their own because they speak spanish and are a melting pot of africans, indiginous people ans europeans.

The fact of the matter is forginers do not honor American culture.

Blacks in America literally created new forms of music and dude is saying America has no culture.
Amen

love speaking different languages in front of people who seem like they'd be most irritated by it. especially in an elevator.

it's like some of them are so self-centered, they actually think i'm talking about them

That is correct. I wasn't born here and we came when I was around 7 and have left and been back multiple times after living in different countries. Didn't mean to offend anybody :lol: I just have a different opinion and view on the subject

So I assume you believe where ever you are from has a culture, correct?

If so what makes where you come from have a culture but not America?

Oh goodness...what I meant to to say is that I do not see enough here in this country to say that it has a definitive culture that is its own. There is nothing wrong with that. You were trying to compare Spain and America and I don't see the comparison there. To me American culture can be defined differently by different people...

I feel you OP. I'm Venezuelan and when I got to Miami, I had to stay back and learn english. I thought everyone that came here had to learn english at the time. Fast forward ten years later, living in Massachusetts and encountering a town near where I live. It's called Southbridge. It has become a little Puerto Rican town. The only problem people here speak broken *** hood spanglish. Pisses me off man. I had to learn English and then nobody in this town seems to be trying.

I think I'm a little racist against my own people (latinos) since I hold them to the same level as myself and my family. It's just downright disrespectful.

Kitchen Spanish papi. I'm good at telling people to fire some food and tell them I'll hit their sister from the back.

Oh goodness...what I meant to to say is that I do not see enough here in this country to say that it has a definitive culture that is its own. There is nothing wrong with that. You were trying to compare Spain and America and I don't see the comparison there. To me American culture can be defined differently by different people...

What do you mean enough culture?

what you guys dont understand is that i speak our cuban spanish perfectly and that i know i cant do anything about it and i adapted from when i was born and my mom was talking to me mostly spanish , i just wanted to rant a bit to my nt fambs :frown: Im on mobile so i didnt quote but to the person that asked no i havent been to cuba but my spanish is really good , when people meet me they think i was born in cuba

what you guys dont understand is that i speak our cuban spanish perfectly and that i know i cant do anything about it and i adapted from when i was born and my mom was talking to me mostly spanish , i just wanted to rant a bit to my nt fambs :frown: Im on mobile so i didnt quote but to the person that asked no i havent been to cuba but my spanish is really good , when people meet me they think i was born in cuba

Spanish or English is still a slave masters language if you arent a spaniard or english, so why knock people?

Back
Top Bottom