Reports of a "mass casualty" situation @ nightclub in Orlando shooting

There's a video going around on Twitter of the news phone interviewing someone who was inside

Dude said "we were trying to get everybody to run through the back door and there was a guy there trying to shut us in" and the news cut off his interview after those words

The problem is this murderer did it the right way too. Dude was a "law abiding citizen" who had a legal permit to carry.

I live in the "easiest" state to buy guns and I still was denied initially.

Outside of speeding tickets I've never done anything wrong in my life from a criminal perspective.

The system is pointless if people like me trying to do it the right way are getting jammed up but this dude ain't.

Sure.
Major reform needs to be done. I still don't get how he was on a watch list and was able to legally buy guns.

The problem is this murderer did it the right way too. Dude was a "law abiding citizen" who had a legal permit to carry.

He sure did and he would have also had a legal option to buy fertilizer and rent a truck.

He actually could have killed everyone with just stuff from Home Depot.

There's a video going around on Twitter of the news phone interviewing someone who was inside

Dude said "we were trying to get everybody to run through the back door and there was a guy there trying to shut us in" and the news cut off his interview after those words

Interesting. I was wondering about this. Even if the shooter stays in front of the entrance, there had to have been an exit.

He sure did and he would have also had a legal option to buy fertilizer and rent a truck.

Yes he could kill people with that stuff to but it would not have been as efficient as using a gun obviously thats why these dudes buy guns they are easily accessible (in some areas) and lets them do what they want to do quicker than anyone can respond to thats the problem. Well one of the problems there isn't just one there are several.

Last edited:

This is SO stupid. Of all the things to get angry at in this world, this is what he chooses? Like, how does this affect his day-to-day routines? It's utterly disgusting.

You don't have to agree with the lifestyle of others, but there's something to be said about being tolerant.

I'm beyond disgusted and sad.

Again, RIP to the innocent and I hope those in the hospital can make full recoveries.

WTF

Yes he could kill people with that stuff to but it would not have been as efficient as using a gun obviously thats why these dudes buy guns they are easily accessible (in some areas) and lets them do what they want to do quicker than anyone can respond to thats the problem.

This ain't the thread for this argument but I felt the same way as you until there was a potential threat to my family in my front yard.

I've only been a gun owner for a short time but I'm going full right wing, NRA member, if any legislation passes that makes it harder for me to buy guns. The hoops I had to jump through were already BS enough.
Shouldn't it be that way when you're purchasing a tool used to take lives?

No it shouldn't. Someone that wants to take lives it taking them guns or not. See Boston and Oklahoma City.

He had an AR-15, right? If I'm mistaken, no need to answer my question...

However, can someone please explain the need to own a weapon of that caliber if you're not currently serving in the military?

This is SO stupid. Of all the things to get angry at in this world, this is what he chooses? Like, how does this affect his day-to-day routines? It's utterly disgusting.

You don't have to agree with the lifestyle of others, but there's something to be said about being tolerant.

I'm beyond disgusted and sad.

Again, RIP to the innocent and I hope those in the hospital can make full recoveries.

I know fam people get mad at atuff thatbdont matter

Fight for better school and healthe care...

Exactly. A lot of the guns used by gang members also come from "law abiding citizens" who get their house robbed. Hard to stop these types of situations. If a person wants to take life that bad, they'll find a way.

Yes he could kill people with that stuff to but it would not have been as efficient as using a gun obviously thats why these dudes buy guns they are easily accessible (in some areas) and lets them do what they want to do quicker than anyone can respond to thats the problem.

This ain't the thread for this argument but I felt the same way as you until there was a potential threat to my family in my front yard.
You're right this isn't the thread for that and personal matters aren't something I would dismiss that would be unfair and I respect that. My views on this have evolved as well because of personal matters as different as they may (could be) from yours.

Another case of radical (insert Abrabamic religion here) going wild with their intolerance. At least he didn't pull an OKC.

We're gonna get martial law soon.l

Last edited:
I've only been a gun owner for a short time but I'm going full right wing, NRA member, if any legislation passes that makes it harder for me to buy guns. The hoops I had to jump through were already BS enough.

Some states have it too easy though.

Outside of speeding tickets I've never done anything wrong in my life from a criminal perspective.

The system is pointless if people like me trying to do it the right way are getting jammed up but this dude ain't.
Agreed. which is why it should be strict across the board, not more lax for your personal selfish reasons.

If you want a gun, then jump through them hoops. And if you have to jump through those same hoops three times, do it.

Yeah here's a link . So somebody else was there trying to lock them in?

Some states have it too easy though.

Agreed. which is why it should be strict across the board, not more lax for your personal selfish reasons.

If you want a gun, then jump through them hoops. And if you have to jump through those same hoops three times, do it.

Protecting my family isn't a selfish personal reason. FOH.

I have a hard time believing his seeing men kiss in public is what set him off. Dude is probably like all the other homegrown mass murderers and got brainwashed by some **** he saw online. His parents probably had no idea what he was into either. Older folks typically aren't very conscious of what one can do/see online.

Back
Top Bottom