Reports: Olympian Pistorius shoots dead his girlfriend

I just remember him from the Olympics and he gave me a Royce White vibe of "I have a condition and I'm better than you for it." Especially after his team got 'disqualified.' But maybe that's just me.

I know a random TV camera can't inform you on a person's real personality, but I could see him doing something foul, before I could see him mistaking a skinny blonde girl who lives with him for a burglar and shooting her 4 times.

I mean, did she climb in through a ******g window? :smh:

Either way, such an ugly story. And since it's a high value white girl, I'm assuming this is gonna be THE story for a minute. Patrice taught me.

Last edited:
i'll wait for more of the story to develop.

i really hope he wasn't under the jilted boyfriend act.

Very sad and tragic. As a big Track & Field fan this is terrible, feel bad for the girl's family.

I just hope the story is true regarding the mistaken identity. In the past Pistorius has mentioned he sleeps with a .9mm pistol by his bed and a rifle at his door. Crime in South Africa is very high, even in the gated communities. A lot of people live in fear there, and I remember a similar situation happening there with a popular Rugby player when he killed his daughter by accident thinking someone broke into his car.

Last edited:
After the London games, I saw an interview with him and her on some beach holiday. He was talking about prepping for the next games, possibly being his last. She was there smiling and supportive It wouldn't surprise me if he's done with competing after this

sons gonna be locked up though

why you talking like its not the fact that he offed her that he aint gonna be competing

Because when I typed it, the SAPS was not releasing any comments except that it was a possible murder, but they were not sure what happened.

I didn't want to jump to conclusions to what happened at the time.

Depressing

Really is. While he's never made a major championship final, he was a big face for the sport.

Gold Medal at Paralympics

View media item 267361
Very sad and tragic. As a big Track & Field fan this is terrible, feel bad for the girl's family.

I just hope the story is true regarding the mistaken identity. In the past Pistorius has mentioned he sleeps with a .9mm pistol by his bed and a rifle at his door. Crime in South Africa is very high, even in the gated communities. A lot of people live in fear there, and I remember a similar situation happening there with a popular Rugby player when he killed his daughter by accident thinking someone broke into his car.

I remember hearing about that story, but wasn't fully aware of the situation.

For those interested..

Former Springbok rugby player Rudi “Vleis” Visagie was arrested on Sunday after his daughter was allegedly mistaken for a car thief and shot dead, Mpumalanga police said on Monday.

Visagie and his wife Frieda were asleep at home at their plot in Maggiesdal, outside Nelspruit, when his wife woke up early on Sunday morning shouting that someone was trying to steal their daughter’s car, Captain Benjamin Bhembe said.

The car was moving out of the gate and Visagie allegedly took his firearm and shot at the car.

“They were so shocked to find out that it was their own daughter,” he said.

Nelspruit Medi-Clinic spokeswoman Robyn Freathy said that the paramedics brought Marlè in with a head wound, but she was dead on arrival.

According to The Citizen Marle was on her way to surprise her boyfriend for his birthday.

Meanwhile, relatives and friends have formed a protective ring around the family.

“Try, just try to imagine how they are feeling,” said family friend Susan Baird, saying that she did not want to say any more.

Baird however read from a short statement she had prepared.

“It is with regret and great sadness to confirm that Marle Visagie died yesterday [Sunday] morning in an unfortunate shooting accident. In darkness she was mistaken to be a car thief and was shot at by her father Rudi Visagie. She was admitted at 6am to the Nelspruit Medi Clinic and was declared dead on arrival.”

Asked on Visagie’s mental state and whether he was receiving counselling, Baird said: “Everything is under control.”

Bhembe said that Visagie was released on R1 000 bail on Sunday and was expected to appear in the Nelspruit Regional Court on Monday.

He said that in terms of Section 49 of the Criminal Procedure Act it was only permissible to use a firearm when a life was threatened.

He said the Constitution determined that a life was more precious than property.

Bhembe added that following an arrest it is then determined what the circumstances of the shooting were and some discretion may be allowed. - Sapa
http://mg.co.za/article/2004-05-24-rugby-player-shoots-and-kills-daughter-by-mistake

Sadly, this sort of stuff is more common than one would imagine...

Johannesburg - A Centurion man accidentally shot dead his young daughter on Friday morning when their house was broken into, Gauteng police said.

Lieutenant Colonel Lungelo Dlamini said the man was awoken by a commotion at his house on Glover Street.

"He went upstairs to fetch his firearm and while he was there, he heard the commotion again near the door. He fired a shot which hit and injured his... daughter," said Dlamini.

"She was taken to hospital in a critical condition, where she died. We have opened a case of culpable homicide."

Dlamini said the five robbers fled the premise with a handbag, which belonged to the man's wife. No arrests had been made.

Beeld newspaper reported that the father had heard dogs bark, went downstairs to investigate and spotted a robber in the house, in the early hours of Friday morning.

He ran back up to his bedroom, slammed the door and took his firearm from the safe. At that stage, his 8-year-old daughter had woken up and wanted to go into her parent's bedroom.

When she turned the door knob, her father thought it was one of the intruders and fired a shot.

He opened the door and found her lying there. According to Beeld she had been shot in the head.
- SAPA

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Dad-accidentally-kills-daughter-in-robbery-20120518

edit...

Not a good look...

View media item 267362

Last edited:
I meant major regular Track & Field events. Not Paralympics.

World Championships, Commonwealth Games, Olympics.

Last edited:
Three things that lead me to believe that this was no accident...despite the high crime rate in his city.

1. Police chief was a bit surprised at the report that it was an accident and he thought it was an intruder - makes the "motive" convenient on Pistorius' part, IMO

2. There had been previous complaints of SEVERAL domestic problems between the two that the police was aware of.

3. Are people usually charged with murder that quickly?

Just because there were domestic problems which could just be an argument doesn't automatically mean he's a murderer. Wait for all the facts to come out before throwing stuff to the wall to see if it sticks.

I don't see how that tweet would be "a bad look". If anything speaks to the paranoia that these homeowners have. Again, stop throwing stuff on the wall to see what sticks. Let the police do their job.

This is tragic but both of these stories reinforce the fact that private gun ownership doesn't help.

The rugby player story is brutal - he killed his own daughter! But, why was he shooting at a car anyway? He had no idea what was going on and it was the worst scenario for him.

Even if it was a car thief that shouldn't give him the right to kill them - it was only a car. Insurance would have sorted that out.

If someone is robbing me with a gun they can take what they like. Different if they were trying to kill me/my family - but that's an unrealistic situation for the vast majority of people.

Last edited:
Just because there were domestic problems which could just be an argument doesn't automatically mean he's a murderer. Wait for all the facts to come out before throwing stuff to the wall to see if it sticks.

I don't see how that tweet would be "a bad look". If anything speaks to the paranoia that these homeowners have. Again, stop throwing stuff on the wall to see what sticks. Let the police do their job.

The high crime rate in S.Africa is more than enough of a reason to be as heavily armed as Pistorius. However, the previous domestic issues that he's had don't bode well for his excuse in that he thought she was an intruder.

Police have still not formally identified Steenkamp as the victim, but have confirmed that a 30-year-old woman was shot four times in the head and chest and said they will oppose bail for Pistorius.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ar-Pistorius-shoots-girlfriend-dead-live.html

*Here's my thinking...if you're as paranoid or as on edge as Pistorius (Washing machine tweet), maybe...just maybe, it would be a good time to move.

Last edited:
Three things that lead me to believe that this was no accident...despite the high crime rate in his city.

3. Are people usually charged with murder that quickly?

That's what has me confused.

Will always remember this moment at the London Olympics (3:55 mark).

Last edited:
The tweet is from November 27th of last year.

i know :nerd: its only feb

some serious pre meditated murder

picture-132.png

Man, sitcho a** down.

Glad to see someone with some common sense in here.  

People love to play judge, jury and executioner without the facts fully available.    

Sign of respect and sportsmanship. The moment was a statement that Pistorius despite his disability, belongs on the big stage and is a role model in society for others like him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ar-Pistorius-shoots-girlfriend-dead-live.html

*Here's my thinking...if you're as paranoid or as on edge as Pistorius (Washing machine tweet), maybe...just maybe, it would be a good time to move.
So dude is just supposed to up and leave his neighborhood because he's paranoid?  He's already living in a gated community--what more could he do besides arm himself?  Move to another country?  

C'mon son--that's just not realistic thinking right there.  When you are successful, you become a potential target.  And dudes in South Africa do not play.  My good friend was born and raised there.  After college in the U.S. he moved back home and got a fairly decent job with BMW, but nothing where he was balling out of control or anything.  Dude got robbed at gunpoint for his SUIT just walking down the street at night.  His suit.  And I'm sure wasn't some high end joint, either.  **** is real out there.  But that doesn't mean you just up and leave--you adapt and deal with it.  

Back
Top Bottom