Reports: Olympian Pistorius shoots dead his girlfriend

Even with his very competent legal and PR team, a life sentence seems rather likely. His history of alleged domestic violence coupled with the chain of events being reported (cricket bat and timeline), will not bode well in real court or public opinion. Shame to go from inspirational Olympian to possible premeditated murderer of a beautiful, young woman who seemed to create positive influence with her fame.

Just a bit of info by the way...in SA the legal system is a bit different, courts aren't jury based. It's based only on a judge.

Even with his very competent legal and PR team, a life sentence seems rather likely. His history of alleged domestic violence coupled with the chain of events being reported (cricket bat and timeline), will not bode well in real court or public opinion. Shame to go from inspirational Olympian to possible premeditated murderer of a beautiful, young woman who seemed to create positive influence with her fame.

Just a bit of info by the way...in SA the legal system is a bit different, courts aren't jury based. It's based only on a judge.
I was just going to say this. Why is everybody acting like we know how the judicial system is over in South Africa :lol: let alone how their culture thinks and acts

I was just going to say this. Why is everybody acting like we know how the judicial system is over in South Africa :lol: let alone how their culture thinks and acts

I remember back when Amanda Knox was on trial, people in America were like "whoaaaaaa...guilty until proven innocent???" Makes you think maybe it ain't so bad over here.

my guess bat was used in some sex act and he smashed her head in for whatever crazy reason, then thought it might be a good idea to shoot her 3 times to look like an accident.
really how can her head be caved in at any point
I don't know, unless they were into getting hit in the head with a heavy object or other weird stuff. Speculating the cricket bat was involved in a sex act is kind of weird.

d57959ae_sp803_Up_The_Down_Steroid.jpeg

Tweets from court...

11:47 - Proceedings are about to re-start.

10:55 - Nair: The person knew who is the bathroom, won't come out, and shoots - is that premeditated?

10:52 - Legal teams arguing over what constitutes pre-planned. Defence says walking to a bathroom cannot be seen as pre-planned, tweets @AlexCrawfordSky.

10:52 - Roux arguing there is something between spontaneous and premeditated. - @SmithInAfrica

10:51 - Roux: Where does state get witness saying Pistorius put on his prosthesis and walked to the bathroom?

10:50 - Roux: The state argues that because it's not spur-of-the-moment it must be premeditated - it can't be.

10:48 – Nel: Planning is - I ready myself, I get a gun, I make it ready to fire and I walk there to shoot.

10:48 Nel: Pre-plan doesn't means months, weeks or hours.

10:46 - Nel: It was pre-planned up until the time that he shot her. If he felt bad after that, that's something different.

10:44 - Nel: Did I want to scare someone by firing four shots into a small room?" It's the "cold facts" that make it a premeditated murder.

Pistorius tells his side of the story

PRETORIA - Blade runner Oscar Pistorius on Tuesday put forward his own version of events as to how he shot and killed his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.

In an affidavit, the 26-year-old told the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court that he heard a noise in the bathroom of his luxury home.

He thought it was an intruder because it was dark and felt vulnerable as he did not have his prosthetic legs on.
The statement was read out in court by a Pistorius’ lawyer, Barry Roux.

Pistorius said he got up in the middle of the night to close a sliding door when he heard noises coming from the bathroom.

He was overcome with terror and shouted at Steenkamp to call the police.

The athlete then reached for his gun, which he kept under his bed.

He said his fear of crime and death threats made him sleep with a 9mm pistol under his bed.

It was only in hindsight that he realised what had actually happened.

According to the affidavit, he only realised later that his girlfriend was not in bed.
The athlete said he then used a cricket bat to break down the door.

When he got to Steenkamp, she was still alive and he carried her down the stairs.

She then died in his arms, the blade runner claimed.

Pistorius said he was mortified at what happened and repeatedly broke down, sobbing at each mention of his girlfriend's name.

The athlete’s bail application will resume on Wednesday.

http://ewn.co.za/2013/02/19/Pistorius-recalls-how-he-shot-Steenkamp

FULL STATEMENT: http://www.pod702.co.za/Eyewitnessnews/docs/130219OscarStatement.pdf

More tweets from court...

15:39 - Bail application continues [Wednesday]. NPA says it hopes to wrap up by Friday, tweets Mandy Wiener.

14:51 - Pistorius will be held at the Brooklyn Police Station. Nel confirms [Tuesday] tonight is the last night he's booked there, tweets Barry Bateman.

14:31 Barry Bateman tweets: "Roux reads another statement – he’s trying to show the court the strength of the Oscar / Reeva relationship."

14:30 - Greyvenstein: Reeva confided in me that even though she and Oscar had not been together for very long, she really loved Oscar.

Greyvenstein: In my experience Oscar and Reeva had nothing but love for each other.

14:29 - Greyvenstein: Reeva said she would marry Pistorius if he asked her. She said he was intense but she loved him.

14:28 - Greyvenstein: Reeva told me that she really liked Oscar and they both clicked and understood each other. Pistorius treated her "like gold".

14:26 - Karyn Maughan ?tweets: "Roux now reads out statement from model Sam Greyvenstein, Reeva's best friend."

14:24 - Devaris: Oscar told me Reeva could be the girl he would one day marry. Pistorius [is] in [the] dock struggling to hold back tears, tweets David Smith.

14:23 - Devaris: Oscar would often tell me how much he loved Reeva and she was a fantastic person who understood him. She could be 'the one'.

14:21 - Devaris: They were both taking it slowly as they had come out of previous relationships... They really complemented each other.

Devaris: It was apparent that Oscar and Reeva were immediately attracted to one another. Pistorius said she was a fantastic person.

14:20 - Devaris: Pistorius is a humble, approachable and intelligent man.

14:19 Devaris: we both loved cars and we quickly became friends. We spoke often on the phone.

14:18 - Now a statement from Justin Devaris, tweets Barry Bateman.

"He thought it was an intruder because it was dark and felt vulnerable as he did not have his prosthetic legs on"

Welp. Cue Alonzo.gif

When he got up to close the door, was his girlfriend still in bed sleeping? And if he noticed she wasn't there, it's not hard to believe that she would be using the bathroom in the middle of the night. He could've called out her name. Maybe he did and she didn't respond.

She didn't scream at all? If she wasn't in bed then why wouldn't you assume that its her in the bathroom? Where did he think she was? Come on man.

Hope this dude gets the book thrown at him. Inject him.

I think capital punishment was abolished in South Africa.

What a stupid statement.

How is that a stupid statement ?

Ocho cinco got fired for tweets and 1 case of domestic violence. You don't think a guy who murdered his wife is a bad look?

:stoneface:

Ocho Cinco had a history of being the "bad guy".

Pistorius has never had an issue before this incident, besides the dropped assault charge a couple years ago. Why would Oakley look bad for endorsing an athlete that had no real issues until now?

I don't think people will stop supporting or purchasing Oakley products because of this incident.

Anyway, Oakley has suspended their contract with them. Not sure about Nike, but they have stated they will no longer run ads with him.

Last edited:
Hope this dude gets the book thrown at him. Inject him.

I think capital punishment was abolished in South Africa.

What a stupid statement.

How is that a stupid statement ?

Ocho cinco got fired for tweets and 1 case of domestic violence. You don't think a guy who murdered his wife is a bad look?

:stoneface:

Ocho Cinco had a history of being the "bad guy".

Pistorius has never had an issue before this incident, besides the dropped assault charge a couple years ago. Why would Oakley look bad for endorsing an athlete that had no real issues until now?

I don't think people will stop supporting or purchasing Oakley products because of this incident.

Anyway, Oakley has suspended their contract with them. Not sure about Nike, but they have stated they will no longer run ads with him.

I doubt he'll get it, but the worst he'll get in the rest of his life in here....

View media item 276705
Where he will meet people like (before he died) this...

Everytime I'm on general and see this thread I get annoyed.

"REPORTS: OLYMPIAN PISTORIUS SHOOTS DEAD HIS GIRLFRIEND"

TF kinda grammar is that

:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom