Reports: Olympian Pistorius shoots dead his girlfriend

:lol: @ people being so quick to jump to conclusions

And by :lol: i really mean :smh:

Sickening stuff by you guys. Youre all sure hes guilty because there had been previous domestic calls? **** does that have to do w anything? Nothing. Nothing at all. This is a dif case and scenario entirely. Yall sure he did it because youve heard a couple of blurbs in the media about it?

Gross. Many are quick to cruxify someone that has noteriety to feel better about themselves.

That being said its sad that the woman lost her life and an inspiration for many just had his life turned upside down. Sad all around. I'll reserve any judgment until later

Last edited:
He allegedly killed her, nothing is proven yet..

shameless :lol:

Steenkamp shot through bathroom door

Johannesburg - The Valentine's Day murder at paralympian Oscar Pistorius's house in Pretoria dominated newspaper front pages on Friday morning, overshadowing President Jacob Zuma's opening of Parliament.

A few hours after Zuma's annual state-of-the-nation address on Thursday evening, the head of state failed to make the front page of most newspapers.

Speculation was rife over Pistorius's alleged shooting of his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

Beeld newspaper dedicated five full pages to the story, with its front page story, headlined "Dood agter deur [Dead behind door]", saying it understood Steenkamp was shot four times through a bathroom door.

According to the paper the police and security guards were called to his house about two hours before the shooting, after neighbours heard him and Steenkamp argue.

The police were called out a second time around 03:00 after neighbours heard gunshots, reported Beeld, quoting an unnamed Silver Woods estate resident.

Police informant

A resident said her body was found in the bathroom. Steenkamp apparently was shot four times: in the head, chest, pelvis and hand.

Beeld explained its initial report, that the shooting was an accident, had come from police Captain Sarah Mcira, who released the information to their journalist around 08:00 on Thursday.

Another police spokesperson later said that information came as a surprise.

"The SA Police Service were just as surprised... to hear on the radio that allegations had been made that the deceased had been perceived to be a burglar," police spokesperson Brigadier Denise Beukes said.

"We were very surprised, and those allegations did not come from us."

Beukes's comments that there had been "previous incidents of a domestic nature at his place" were widely reported on.

The Star newspaper cited sources saying Steenkamp's body was found downstairs in the entrance hall of his R3.9m house.

The Star dedicated its editorial opinion to domestic violence.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Steenkamp-shot-through-bathroom-door-20130215

His house....

View media item 268721

Apparently he's arriving at court this morning. So more details will come to light.

He has only himself and "his people" to blame for the social milieu that fed his paranoia, which evidently, is what really damned him.

Last edited:
A resident said her body was found in the bathroom. Steenkamp apparently was shot four times: in the head, chest, pelvis and hand.

:stoneface:

So he shot her from the thigh all the way up to the head, without realizing it was his girl?
Without realizing it was a girl?
A skinny blonde girl?
And she was in his bathroom?

I don't know about yall, but there isn't a full window in my bathroom.
And if he was reportedly awake only a couple hours before?
...and woke up to find his girl not in bed with him?

That's a lot of things all at once to me. :smh:

Last edited:

:stoneface:

So he shot her from the thigh all the way up to the head, without realizing it was his girl?
Without realizing it was a girl?
A skinny blonde girl?
And she was in his bathroom?

I don't know about yall, but there isn't a full window in my bathroom.
And if he was reportedly awake only a couple hours before?
...and woke up to find his girl not in bed with him?

That's a lot of things all at once to me. :smh:

See I don't get how her body was found in the bathroom, but then another report says her body was found in the entrance hallway downstairs. The entrance hallway would lead me to believe that HE was in the bathroom. Which would still make me wonder, if you're safely in the bathroom behind a locked door (assuming), and you have a gun, surely you'd just wait until the "intruders" left, or tried to enter the bathroom and then you start firing on them.
Then again, if HE was in the entrance hallway and she was in the bathroom with the closed door, why would you blaze into the door? Wouldn't you call the police? Push your panic button on your alarm system? Stand guard at the door in case the "intruder" came out?

:smh: maybe I misread some things, but the stories don't seem to add up.

Yes, we know the city is dangerous.  That has already been noted and well documented.  Like I said though, the guy isn't living in the slums.  He lives in an upscale, gated community where I'd wager that crime rates aren't as high as the non-gated communities.  But that doesn't mean you aren't prepared.  And being prepared doesn't mean that your quality of life sucks.  It just means that you're aware of the very real possibility that you could be a victim.  I don't see how it doesn't add up.   

Also consider that South Africans are very proud people.  A lot of folks I kicked it with in college were dudes from SA, Senegal, Nigeria, etc.  Those dudes left home and came to the states for their education.  But they all went back home when they were done--every single one of them.  They couldn't wait to get back and help their country.  There's a cultural difference there between Americans and Africans that you're not taking into account.  To make it to the level he made it to and then leave?  And he went to college in Pretoria?  Naw man--from what I've seen, that's not something they tend to do over there.  Sometimes it isn't as simple as "just move away".  

:lol: Ok, man.

Who said he was living in the slums? EVERYONE knows his community is upscale and gated. However, that doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things when you're living in a city that's known as one of the twenty most dangerous in the WORLD. What's also weird is his state of paranoia. As more details are coming out, this dude was a loose cannon. I'd be very curious to know what percentage of people in his neighborhood went to the extremes that he did to keep safe? There is NOTHING normal about keeping a machine gun at your bedroom window. Nothing. If you've got to live like that, sleep with one eye open, etc., your quality of life isn't that good. I'm sorry, but there is no way to justify that. For all the people you know that move back to their home country, there are just as many or more who are itching at the opportunity to leave.

He has only himself and "his people" to blame for the social milieu that fed his paranoia

Definitely a HUGE part of the problem over there. But again, paranoia is why he had the guns, not why he shot his girl. All the evidence so far points to premeditated murder.

Ppl in Joburg are saying

They were having a argument/fight, she ran into the bathroom and locked the door to run away from him. When she wouldn't unlock the door, he shot through the door :smh:

Ppl in Joburg are saying

They were having a argument/fight, she ran into the bathroom and locked the door to run away from him. When she wouldn't unlock the door, he shot through the door :smh:

Damn that's why you shouldn't have guns if you have anger management issues

This guy was the face of almost all oakley ads for the summer olympics,  Not a good look for oakley right now!!!

This guy was the face of almost all oakley ads for the summer olympics,  Not a good look for oakley right now!!!
No its not. They had no idea that this would happen six months later. It wouldn't be a good look if they signed him to an endorsement deal knowing he killed someone whether it be accidentally or maliciously. They can wipe their hands clean of him by voiding his contract.

He has only himself and "his people" to blame for the social milieu that fed his paranoia, which evidently, is what really damned him.

yerp

don't really like these Afrikaners that raided south africa ...or europeans in general thats constantly raping the continent 

Oscar Pistorius' GF Reeva Steenkamp was supposed to give a speech on the hardships of abusive relationships on Feb. 14th -- the same day she was shot dead in her boyfriend's home. 

Reeva was set to speak to a group of teenagers at Sandown High School in South Africa ... to talk about her own experience suffered at the hands of a previous boyfriend -- not Oscar -- this according to the Daily Telegraph. 

In the notes for her speech, the former model reportedly urged the school kids to "be brave, always see the positive" and "make your voice heard."

Back
Top Bottom