resellers have ruined the sneaker game

I camped out for the yotr's a few weeks back,and i noticed almost every other person in line for those were just looking to bang a buck.some guys ahead of me even offered to sell me the pair even before they got theres.I've been noticing too much of a trend lately.bin23's,south beaches,yeezys,yotr 2011 and 7's,tokyo 5's..shoes are being sold for over 600,700,even a $1000..i understand there limited but how desperate are people out there to be bidding that kind of money on a pair of sneakers.i love jordans and sneakers nonetheless,and the most i have dished out is 220 for some ds grinches,but damn it seems lately you have to be almost a millionaire to keep up with today's shoe game.post your input here and how much is your limit or how much have you paid the most for a pair of shoes?

I camped out for the yotr's a few weeks back,and i noticed almost every other person in line for those were just looking to bang a buck.some guys ahead of me even offered to sell me the pair even before they got theres.I've been noticing too much of a trend lately.bin23's,south beaches,yeezys,yotr 2011 and 7's,tokyo 5's..shoes are being sold for over 600,700,even a $1000..i understand there limited but how desperate are people out there to be bidding that kind of money on a pair of sneakers.i love jordans and sneakers nonetheless,and the most i have dished out is 220 for some ds grinches,but damn it seems lately you have to be almost a millionaire to keep up with today's shoe game.post your input here and how much is your limit or how much have you paid the most for a pair of shoes?

"limited" sneakers is what ruined the sneaker "game." there's a reason nobody was camping out to resell shoes back in the day. they actually released the amount they thought would satisfy demand instead of purposely creating shortages.

Originally Posted by Tenorio88

tumblr_llglglqLuG1qfmge8o1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by Tenorio88

tumblr_llglglqLuG1qfmge8o1_500.jpg

"limited" sneakers is what ruined the sneaker "game." there's a reason nobody was camping out to resell shoes back in the day. they actually released the amount they thought would satisfy demand instead of purposely creating shortages.

Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

/thread

/thread

Originally Posted by Zyzz

/thread
game, set, match

Originally Posted by Zyzz

/thread
game, set, match

Without limited kicks, rare PEs there would be no such thing as Niketalk or collecting . It's the limited crap, hard to get stuffs that keep it interesting and something to look forward to having. Unfortunately along come these resellers that take advantage of the demand/supply . In the end it come down to a personal choice. You can either treat it as a hobby and keep collecting or just don't buy into hype and don't waste your money

Without limited kicks, rare PEs there would be no such thing as Niketalk or collecting . It's the limited crap, hard to get stuffs that keep it interesting and something to look forward to having. Unfortunately along come these resellers that take advantage of the demand/supply . In the end it come down to a personal choice. You can either treat it as a hobby and keep collecting or just don't buy into hype and don't waste your money

Yea me and my boi were jus talking about that the other day. You use to be able to walk into the mall and buy shoes a week after they released. I remember the all columbia XI still in stores after a week smh. No XI could last that long nowadays smh
frown.gif

Yea me and my boi were jus talking about that the other day. You use to be able to walk into the mall and buy shoes a week after they released. I remember the all columbia XI still in stores after a week smh. No XI could last that long nowadays smh
frown.gif

Well to get LE shoes you either have to know someone in the store (a store manager if possible) and give a few dollars so they can hold you a pair, or sleep overnight outside the mall (but sometimes you have to sleep a few days before because resellers will sleep a few days by sending their friends or having someone paid to sit for them till release day). Also there's always going to be lines on LE releases so don't expect to walk in at opening and have your size because stores will open early to let the lines in and shoes will sell out. I won't camp out overnight since i tried it once and it wasn't all great. Plus i have a job for now so i'm going to concentrate on my job instead of LE kicks. No big deal for me if i don't get the shoes.

Well to get LE shoes you either have to know someone in the store (a store manager if possible) and give a few dollars so they can hold you a pair, or sleep overnight outside the mall (but sometimes you have to sleep a few days before because resellers will sleep a few days by sending their friends or having someone paid to sit for them till release day). Also there's always going to be lines on LE releases so don't expect to walk in at opening and have your size because stores will open early to let the lines in and shoes will sell out. I won't camp out overnight since i tried it once and it wasn't all great. Plus i have a job for now so i'm going to concentrate on my job instead of LE kicks. No big deal for me if i don't get the shoes.

it's a necessary evil, I've paid crazy prices.

It's not a game, buy what you like. If you want them bad enough you'll find a way to make it happen...

Back
Top Bottom