Rocking a Beard.....Professionally....yay or nay?

Any you guys in the corporate realm rocking beards?

I usually go baby face when ever I have an interview and after getting the job grow my beard back.

I`m trying to decide now how I should rock my facial hair being that I wolfed it for 2 months now.

Your thoughts?

I usually go baby face when ever I have an interview and after getting the job grow my beard back.

I`m trying to decide now how I should rock my facial hair being that I wolfed it for 2 months now.

Your thoughts?

if its well groomed well kempt, and in general fits your face. go forth.
if there is any thing whatsoever wrong with it, get rid of it. bears are a more risky hair choice these days

if its well groomed well kempt, and in general fits your face. go forth.
if there is any thing whatsoever wrong with it, get rid of it. bears are a more risky hair choice these days

MANY people in here will tell you that you need to shave. YOU DO NOT. Your appearance does say a lot about you on an
interview. Keep that in mind. Should you be appropriately dressed and your facial hair is well groomed, it shouldn't be an issue.
Yes I work in the corporate realm. No I do not have a beard. Why? Because I don't like hair on my face like that. I do have
neatly trimmed sideburns that go all of the way down the side of my face and a neat mustache.

MANY people in here will tell you that you need to shave. YOU DO NOT. Your appearance does say a lot about you on an
interview. Keep that in mind. Should you be appropriately dressed and your facial hair is well groomed, it shouldn't be an issue.
Yes I work in the corporate realm. No I do not have a beard. Why? Because I don't like hair on my face like that. I do have
neatly trimmed sideburns that go all of the way down the side of my face and a neat mustache.

As long as you keep it clean, (i.e. daily self shapeups) then rock it, but if you dont know how to keep a beard then get rid of that mess...

OP's right tho, for the interview its best to go clean shaven.....got a corporate interview tomorrow, havent shaved since finals ended
ohwell.gif
gotta get my gillette fusion on tonight for sure

As long as you keep it clean, (i.e. daily self shapeups) then rock it, but if you dont know how to keep a beard then get rid of that mess...

OP's right tho, for the interview its best to go clean shaven.....got a corporate interview tomorrow, havent shaved since finals ended
ohwell.gif
gotta get my gillette fusion on tonight for sure

Ha, I made this thread coming out of college three years ago.

Since I've been in the industry (corporate), I would say shave it. More so personal opinion than anything. But the smart thing to do is assume to the culture. In my line of work, two out of the top 5 executives rock beards...and dress rather dapper, so I figure I could take a cue from their page and do the same....organizational strcuture is important.

Ha, I made this thread coming out of college three years ago.

Since I've been in the industry (corporate), I would say shave it. More so personal opinion than anything. But the smart thing to do is assume to the culture. In my line of work, two out of the top 5 executives rock beards...and dress rather dapper, so I figure I could take a cue from their page and do the same....organizational strcuture is important.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Your thoughts?
I do have a beard in a corporate setting. 
I agree that if you have an interview or are new on the job, you should follow the clean shave office protocol until you know what's acceptable.

I would go with a full beard with clean neck line on the lowest setting for a while, and then slowly let it get darker.
As long as you keep it close to your face and your line clean, then you should be fine.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Your thoughts?
I do have a beard in a corporate setting. 
I agree that if you have an interview or are new on the job, you should follow the clean shave office protocol until you know what's acceptable.

I would go with a full beard with clean neck line on the lowest setting for a while, and then slowly let it get darker.
As long as you keep it close to your face and your line clean, then you should be fine.

I have a mustache, and I have had one since I was 16. I would HATE for there to ever be a time in which I "have to" shave for work. I look like a child molester without my mustache. I couldn't do it man.

For those of you that save to be cleanly shaven for an interview, no mustache either?

I have a mustache, and I have had one since I was 16. I would HATE for there to ever be a time in which I "have to" shave for work. I look like a child molester without my mustache. I couldn't do it man.

For those of you that save to be cleanly shaven for an interview, no mustache either?

Nah, defnintely not talking to about the stache.

Even the corporate big wigs know that no stache (a shaved one, not an inability to grow one) = untrustworthy and possibly touches children

Nah, defnintely not talking to about the stache.

Even the corporate big wigs know that no stache (a shaved one, not an inability to grow one) = untrustworthy and possibly touches children

Back
Top Bottom