Rocking a Beard.....Professionally....yay or nay?

you can rock with something like this imo
jake%27s+beard.jpg

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I have a mustache, and I have had one since I was 16. I would HATE for there to ever be a time in which I "have to" shave for work. I look like a child molester without my mustache. I couldn't do it man.

For those of you that save to be cleanly shaven for an interview, no mustache either?

My dude walking around lookin' like Kevin Ollie
laugh.gif

*anyways...my rule of thumb was this (on interviews):  Go in clean shaven.  If hired, look around and see what your fellow co-workers are doing w. their facial hair....depending on what they do could be the difference between growing a beard vs. going clean shaven. 

I have a mustache, and I have had one since I was 16. I would HATE for there to ever be a time in which I "have to" shave for work. I look like a child molester without my mustache. I couldn't do it man.

For those of you that save to be cleanly shaven for an interview, no mustache either?

My dude walking around lookin' like Kevin Ollie
laugh.gif

*anyways...my rule of thumb was this (on interviews):  Go in clean shaven.  If hired, look around and see what your fellow co-workers are doing w. their facial hair....depending on what they do could be the difference between growing a beard vs. going clean shaven. 

Honestly, and this is coming from a long time bearded dude, id keep it clean for the interviews and then grow it after youre hired.

I only say this because you mentioned how you usually keep it baby faced, meaning it wouldnt really be that wierd/uncomfortable for you to shave it anyway. And its always better to be safe than sorry.

Honestly, and this is coming from a long time bearded dude, id keep it clean for the interviews and then grow it after youre hired.

I only say this because you mentioned how you usually keep it baby faced, meaning it wouldnt really be that wierd/uncomfortable for you to shave it anyway. And its always better to be safe than sorry.

Just don't think you can rock the James Harden or Rick Ross in the work place lol. Keep it low and clean if you really want one.

Just don't think you can rock the James Harden or Rick Ross in the work place lol. Keep it low and clean if you really want one.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

I've done this, just let my bread grow out for the winter and start shaving around mid spring. I kind of feel a little self-conscious when it gets to crazy but I normally keep a goatee during the summer and fall. I can’t stand the way I look without some sort of facial hair.  

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

I've done this, just let my bread grow out for the winter and start shaving around mid spring. I kind of feel a little self-conscious when it gets to crazy but I normally keep a goatee during the summer and fall. I can’t stand the way I look without some sort of facial hair.  

No mustache.
So look like a you drive a rusted cargo van for a couple days.... it increases your chances of landing the job.

No mustache.
So look like a you drive a rusted cargo van for a couple days.... it increases your chances of landing the job.

Do what you want only have one life to live. Brings out the ugly in people shows who's who due to your appearance.

Do what you want only have one life to live. Brings out the ugly in people shows who's who due to your appearance.

The Jim Jones is socially acceptable, and my beard style of choice. Keep it shaped, but very low to where it's not too obtrusive. The lower beard also has more of a summer-appropriate feel. In the winter, I tend to grow it out a little more.

The Jim Jones is socially acceptable, and my beard style of choice. Keep it shaped, but very low to where it's not too obtrusive. The lower beard also has more of a summer-appropriate feel. In the winter, I tend to grow it out a little more.

Back
Top Bottom