Rondo triple double

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by dyyhard

GP knows what's up....Rondo is a beneficiary of the talent around him.

GP stays hating on Rondo lol.
Dude's still salty that Danny Ainge didn't return his call last year.
laugh.gif
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2007/12/21/payton_wants_to_join_celtics/http://www.boston.com/spo...on_wants_to_join_celtics/
laugh.gif

He's only good because of his team. like dyyhard said, he's a product of the system. You take him to another team then he'll put up Tyron Luenumbers.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

What there to hate about Rondo?
i don't HATE Rondo...but it was mad annoying watching him in the playoffs last year. at times he would start shooting jumpers or trying to score himself at critical points in the game. you have 3 stars on your team, why would anyone want you to be shooting the ball with your aberration of a jumpshot??
smh.gif
Maybe because Kobe gave him room and wanted him to shoot? A lot of the times, PGA was guarded well and Rondo had to shoot. One of the reasons why the Lakers had some success against the Celtics was because of Rondo shooting so poorly. Lakers had a good gameplan in guarding Rondo. The Celtics just had a better defensive gameplan.

Exactly.
Rondo's obviously better suited driving to the hole. His lay-ups and floaters are almost money. But the Lakers had the paint clogged and forced him to shoot long. He has the speed and handle to create space for his own shot. So it's just a matter of him developing and practicing a little drive-and-step-back jumper.

You know what that description reminded me of??? Tony Parker before the 2006 season...I remember when dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but hadthe speed and handles to create his own shot. Then out of no-where in the 2006-2007 season he came with a jumper. Dude's been looking good ever since.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

He would look good in some Blue and Orange in '10.
Don't count on that. I think we let Ray walk before him.

And Rondo doesn't have a good jumper. But if you play and you can't shoot. You know how hard it is to just step up and start jacking shots when teamsWANT you to shoot. Even if your wide open.

Originally Posted by Hardhitta42

He's only good because of his team. like dyyhard said, he's a product of the system. You take him to another team then he'll put up Tyron Lue numbers.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

What there to hate about Rondo?
i don't HATE Rondo...but it was mad annoying watching him in the playoffs last year. at times he would start shooting jumpers or trying to score himself at critical points in the game. you have 3 stars on your team, why would anyone want you to be shooting the ball with your aberration of a jumpshot??
smh.gif
Maybe because Kobe gave him room and wanted him to shoot? A lot of the times, PGA was guarded well and Rondo had to shoot. One of the reasons why the Lakers had some success against the Celtics was because of Rondo shooting so poorly. Lakers had a good gameplan in guarding Rondo. The Celtics just had a better defensive gameplan.

Exactly.
Rondo's obviously better suited driving to the hole. His lay-ups and floaters are almost money. But the Lakers had the paint clogged and forced him to shoot long. He has the speed and handle to create space for his own shot. So it's just a matter of him developing and practicing a little drive-and-step-back jumper.

You know what that description reminded me of??? Tony Parker before the 2006 season...I remember when dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but had the speed and handles to create his own shot. Then out of no-where in the 2006-2007 season he came with a jumper. Dude's been looking good ever since.

Wow, good call man. That's so true.

Anyhow, apparently Rondo's good enough to run with the big boys now:

Boston Celtics [team stats] point guard Rajon Rondo [stats] has parted ways with Reebok and will sign a five-year endorsement deal with Nike.

A Nike announcement is expected in January. Rondo will endorse the No. 1 athletic footwear maker's products on and off court and may shoot a couple ofcommercials, he told the Herald yesterday at the launch of Shaw's Supermarkets' ninth Spirit of Giving Food Drive.

The third-year Celtic, who already switched to wearing Nike sneakers this season, just came off a two-year contract with Canton-based Reebok, which had beennegotiating to re-sign him. "The contract had ended, and both parties decided to go in a different direction," spokesman Dan Sarro said.

Nike said it doesn't comment on marketing deals. "I can tell you that Rajon Rondo is not under contract with Nike at this time," spokesman KeJuan Wilkins said.

Ilana Nunn, Rondo's publicist at BDA Sports Management, deferred to Nike due to the "sensitivity of the contract change at this point."

Rondo has a sports memorabilia deal with New England Pictures, but most of his other off-court opportunities have been one-time deals, Nunn said.

Still, Rondo is a rising star with a 2008 NBA Championship under his belt. He's not on the level of the Celtics' Big Three, but his "stock has certainly shot up over the past year-plus," said Jim Delaney of Boston-based Activate Sports & Entertainment.

"From a marketing standpoint, championships are gold," Delaney said. "Being part of a superstar team that gets a lot more nationally televised attention and being a leader on the court for a player of his stature can translate into much bigger dollars off the court."

Rondo is this year's celebrity spokesman for the Spirit of Giving Food Drive benefiting eight New England food banks. At a Shaw's in Mansfield yesterday, he launched the drive and filmed a public service announcement. "It's a great cause and a way for me to give back to the community," he said.

http://www.bostonherald.c...view.bg?articleid=1136390

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

News Flash, there have been very few players in NBA history whos game had NO FLAWS... The ONLY thing he doesnt do well is shoot.

Once this kid develops a constant mid-range jumper
smh.gif
eek.gif

Can't hate on Rondo though. He's been ballin so far this season
pimp.gif

--I will admit, Rondo is ballin this year.
--I wanna see how he plays when his 3 future hall of famer teammates are gone and retired. They obviously have a good impact on his play, work ethic, etc...
--Because I dont see this guy becoming an All-Star or anythin in that manner.

He'll be no worse than Tony Parker.. That means he has the chance to be a Finals MVP someday.. He's been killing it.. They're gonna soon have totalk about the Big Four in Boston..

always been a fan of his. thought he was a very solid player at kentucky and has done what he is supposed to do in the league and run that offense.

everytime i watch him, he always does that fake behind the back pass!

^^ What's even crazier is that he can do it with his left hand just as good as his right.

When Rondo is pushing the ball, and penetrating this team runs so much smoother. As you can tell by the 10 game winning streak.
pimp.gif

lol, why would anybody "hate this bum." I've never seen him act out of line, seems to have a good enough work ethic, seems to know his role, andplays pretty well.

Originally Posted by WinstonDon

i like Rondo's game....idk why people hate on him
Co-sign

and at least he gives effort on the Defensive side of the ball unlike Steve and Parker
laugh.gif
(pun intended)

Back
Top Bottom