Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

why the calf high socks tho :x  is that what's hip now
I'm cackling right now. Sometimes I wonder if anyone on here actually ever used any of this athletic gear to do athletics in. Today it's just about stunting. I wore Asics and Nikes during track and cross country as a kid, and I'd almost always wear crew socks in practice and go barefoot or no-show socks when I was racing. There's nothing worse than itchy ankles.

If you notice, a lot of these places do lookbooks that mimic actually athletic looks, for REAL use, even if they know 0.1% of their customers would actually buy shoes and gear to wear in that manner.

Last edited:
Yea athletic is definitely not he first thing that comes to mind with this demographic

I'm cackling right now. Sometimes I wonder if anyone on here actually ever used any of this athletic gear to do athletics in. Today it's just about stunting. I wore Asics and Nikes during track and cross country as a kid, and I'd almost always wear crew socks in practice and go barefoot or no-show socks when I was racing. There's nothing worse than itchy ankles.

If you notice, a lot of these places do lookbooks that mimic actually athletic looks, for REAL use, even if they know 0.1% of their customers would actually buy shoes and gear to wear in that manner.
I get the viewpoint, but of course they'll mimic athletic wear it's fashion. Hella people buy Janoskis and can't kickflip. Timberland work boots are worn casually. It's just the way things are. People enjoy items for the aesthetic or visual look. True, these are runner models, but 95% of the materials used on any RF collab aren't materials you would ever want to run in. I'm not about to destroy any pricey runner, from a Fieg to  997 New Balance, when I can easily do the same to a shoe half its cost. 

really liking those glv's but $175 is steep. Would Yall say its worth it, shoe/material wise. Not hype wise. Never owned a pair of asics, but I like the silhouette.

these 90's runners also v low tech compared to modern asics runners. GLV's in particular, burn thru those out-soles real quick if you do any actual running. 

That being said, no idea how any EVER ran in a GLIII. I would love to see that. 

really liking those glv's but $175 is steep. Would Yall say its worth it, shoe/material wise. Not hype wise. Never owned a pair of asics, but I like the silhouette.

The Gel Lyte V model isn't the greatest of quality. Kith uses great materials, but the shoe creases like no other. If you wear them constantly they definitely won't hold up like other sneakers. $175 is kinda pushing it for price on these.

Pass, these quantities are insane. Bound to cop later at or below retail. Better things in mind right now. Everyone should flourish come Friday. Much luck y'all.

I get the viewpoint, but of course they'll mimic athletic wear it's fashion. Hella people buy Janoskis and can't kickflip. Timberland work boots are worn casually. It's just the way things are. People enjoy items for the aesthetic or visual look. True, these are runner models, but 95% of the materials used on any RF collab aren't materials you would ever want to run in. I'm not about to destroy any pricey runner, from a Fieg to  997 New Balance, when I can easily do the same to a shoe half its cost. 
Dude, I was just answering the question posed. They're wearing crew socks in the photos. Athletes still wear crew socks for a variety of reasons. The whole look is something you'd see someone working out/practicing in. That's the point of the line.

Need some invisible stance socks. Kith ones fit better than their in line ones. Hopefully they sneak some in...

was looking at dat booty 
pimp.gif

The Gel Lyte V model isn't the greatest of quality. Kith uses great materials, but the shoe creases like no other. If you wear them constantly they definitely won't hold up like other sneakers. $175 is kinda pushing it for price on these.
Any idea how Gel Sagas last compared to Gel Lyte Vs for casual wear?

Back
Top Bottom