Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

Just to touch on a topic from the other day.

"This Huarache will ONLY be available at the new Nice Kicks in DTLA and ShopNiceKicks.com on July 9th."

July 9th is the loophole, so they're technically not lying. it's marketing and to build hype. it's all about tricking the consumer into thinking they need the product.

"This Huarache will ONLY be available at the new Nice Kicks in DTLA and ShopNiceKicks.com on July 9th."

July 9th is the loophole, so they're technically not lying. it's marketing and to build hype. it's all about tricking the consumer into thinking they need the product.

This similar topic was discussed in the Huarache thread as well. Unlike Kith's loophole stating men sizes only, Nice Kicks clearly got caught or there was a miscommunication with Nike to build up hype on this release. Nobody even knew about a 2nd blue colorway. Both colorways were available at Niketown in LA on the same exact day. Also more stores will be carrying both styles in the next coming weeks.

Is it weird that after he addressed the issue on twitter and the item is still removed from the website? I would have thought they would have been thrown back up. Did they sell out in-store? I'm certain these have no connection to the salmon toe release. Like people have said before, he would hype the sneaker up first then do a kithstrike or some sort of gimmick. Either way, item has shipped from kith. 

Is it weird that after he addressed the issue on twitter and the item is still removed from the website? I would have thought they would have been thrown back up. Did they sell out in-store? I'm certain these have no connection to the salmon toe release. Like people have said before, he would hype the sneaker up first then do a kithstrike or some sort of gimmick. Either way, item has shipped from kith. 
That was kind of what my question was in regards to how older Kithstrikes (prior to cockatoos) have been handled.  Were they always pulled after a certain point, or did they just sell out quick enough that pulling them from the site after a certain point didn't matter?  Because evidence of the Indian Inks (and verbiage of the type of exclusive they are) still exists on Twitter and IG.  I feel like if Kith were truly back tracking they'd nuke everything off of all platforms right?  Not implying that I think these will ultimately tied to STs either, just thinking that (getting pulled after a pre-determined time) would have happened to the Cockatoos if word hadn't gotten out (mid-drop) about their connection to SGs.  

*Not arguing with anyone, just conversational questions.  

Last edited:

That was kind of what my question was in regards to how older Kithstrikes (prior to cockatoos) have been handled.  Were they always pulled after a certain point, or did they just sell out quick enough that pulling them from the site after a certain point didn't matter?  Because evidence of the Indian Inks (and verbiage of the type of exclusive they are) still exists on Twitter and IG.  I feel like if Kith were truly back tracking they'd nuke everything off of all platforms right?  Not implying that I think these will ultimately tied to STs either, just thinking that (getting pulled after a pre-determined time) would have happened to the Cockatoos if word hadn't gotten out (mid-drop) about their connection to SGs.  

*Not arguing with anyone, just conversational questions.  
I feel there is no reason to pull these items from their website. What good does that do? They still need to sell the item. Kithstrike or not, where would these items go if they are pulled? Especially if they were only up for a few hours. From what I've seen in the past, the item stays up until it is sold out. It may be a cool down period, we will probably see them up again later this week. 

This similar topic was discussed in the Huarache thread as well. Unlike Kith's loophole stating men sizes only, Nice Kicks clearly got caught or there was a miscommunication with Nike to build up hype on this release. Nobody even knew about a 2nd blue colorway. Both colorways were available at Niketown in LA on the same exact day. Also more stores will be carrying both styles in the next coming weeks.
wow, didn't realize they were available same day. had to be miscommunication. i know a lot of of shops are crooked, but i feel like they wouldn't just outright lie to consumers for sales. hoping this is the case. in other news, my indian ink shipped today.

wow, didn't realize they were available same day. had to be miscommunication. i know a lot of of shops are crooked, but i feel like they wouldn't just outright lie to consumers for sales. hoping this is the case. in other news, my indian ink shipped today.
I would say they 'stretched' the truth. They saw an opportunity where a similar colorway to the salmon toes were ready to release, Ronnie calls it a kithstrike to recall what happened with cockatoos and super greens. If the kithstrike wasn't similar in color blocking to the salmon toe or mossad then it would not have been looked at by most Ronnie followers. Followers have an idea on what to look for but he used past history to dictate this marketing scheme. Still waiting on leaked pics of what's next, could be salmon toe or mossad, nothing has been revealed. 

While i like the SG's. They are not a must have to me. Not sure i would even put them in my top 5 RF's.

Nice bro. Congrats on da pick up.

I'm holding on to my other pair of SG in case I can't secure my Mossad

It's peach. Ron Ron has kith filter lights installed in the shop
nah its salmon 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom