Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

Would RF have knowledge of pairs going to an outlet though? I doubt it... I don't remember anyone from asics addressing the da vinci's, i dont think our answer is there either.. Gotta find someone with one of those Da Vinci's pairs and see if production date matches
Commonwealth DID acknowledge the restocks, saying not to trust their source but never actually said they were fakes

Commonwealth DID acknowledge the restocks, saying not to trust their source but never actually said they were fakes

Asics pulls this stuff all the time. Second batches for shoes ain't uncommon. They periodically stock collabs on their site

Where can we find more info on outlet Da Vinci

Asics pulls this stuff all the time. Second batches for shoes ain't uncommon. They periodically stock collabs on their site

Where can we find more info on outlet Da Vinci
check asics thread from much earlier this year

Alright so I have no place in this argument because I really don't care what y'all do with your money but this **** got me interested 
laugh.gif

So I looked over pictures posted here earlier by @Shayan3023

According to him: Top = Ruze.  Bottom = Retail Pair

Note: My word is not law, I'm not an expert on fakes and am not calling these fake; this could be Asics horrible QC...

In this first pic:

1. The salmon sole slightly extends a bit more on the Ruze pair as opposed to the bottom pair. (Also it might be the camera/shoe angle but is it me or are the shape of the toes different?)

2. Side netting on the logo is different. Ruze pair has more "squares" than the retail pair. 

3. Little Asics logo on both pairs look slightly different. (Note: I might be reaching on this one 
laugh.gif
)

Now on the second pic 

1. Asics logo again lol

2. Now this is more telling; the cuts on the heel are VERY different. The Ruze pair has a taller cut than the retail pair which is slightly longer...

3. Little white heel stripe a bit fatter on the Ruze pair; Retail a lot more slender

These are the only two pictures I looked at because y'all have eyes and can see for yourself.
laugh.gif
 It's the same on the other shoe as well.

I'm going to lean slightly towards the fake side of things... very identical but this could just be due to Asics awesome QC. But I don't know how you can explain the very different dates on tags.. 

I'm told all those Da Vinci are from asics europe ware house and those were the pairs that were gonna drop in europe but didn't. How he got them all is a mystery and someone needs to get fired at asics europe if this is true
thought this was interesting from the asics thread...

Good catches. The production tags is alarming but doesn't prove anything to me since these could very well be a second batch or pairs from the scrap pile that were tagged and sold as b grades.

It's going to be a combination of all these things that will really convince me that these are fake or unauthorized. Which I'm leaning towards the latter

Wait I vaguely recall the Da Vinci outlet thing. Wasn't it someone who was selling them for dirt cheap climb facebook? Or was there an actual outlet release

Wait I vaguely recall the Da Vinci outlet thing. Wasn't it someone who was selling them for dirt cheap climb facebook? Or was there an actual outlet release
no, guy on instagram showed a video of like 100 boxes of davincis well after the release. was selling them in the 2xx price range versus the 400ish you were finding on ebay (iirc)

commonwealth called him out and then he proceeded to post a detailed video of the shoes in the box, which like in our case, looked identical to the retail pair

said he got them from direct from asics europe

Last edited:
It was on person selling them and they were far from cheap. He had high resell prices on all the pairs

guess the jury's still out?
I'd love to see the production tags on those DaVincis
I wanna see production dates on those Da Vincis. I'm 99.9% certain these homages are fake but it could be a second batch.
Sorry for the blurry 9.5 pic. Can't see any differences in the production tags, but there may be a better trained eye than mine.

9.5, straight from Commonwealth Va Beach

Overseas from dude. Were confirmed several times to be legit before I purchased, too.

I had hope initially when I ordered and they sold out fairly quickly that they were real. I then had hope again when Chowfun89 posted up pics and the quality looked fantastic! I have now lost hope after seeing the guy replenish his size 10 time after time after time when down to one left in the system. I am pretty sure he is sewing and glueing up a new size 10 as I type this! Hahaha

^ same production dates
I don't think Asics puts production dates on their tags (EDIT: never knew the code on the bottom was the production date. Im slow, I used to actual dates lol). 

I'm no expert, but I'll leave this tidbit here. I'd be concerned about the font. Reason being, I've checked 10 pairs of my shoes and thus far, none have the font those Ruze pairs have...

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think those are necessarily production dates.....

If those are then they were made more than a year before the release?

But the fact that they have different tags is alarming

Yeah I don't think those are necessarily production dates.....

If those are then they were made more than a year before the release?

But the fact that they have different tags is alarming
Got my package from Ruze guys. 110% authentic and identical to my pair from last year's special pack.

Left/top shoes are from Ruze. I even compared the laces and they are identical.

No risk no reward. Looks like this one paid off

You can judge for yourself

Back
Top Bottom