ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

The whole collection is just comfort Roshe, Solarsoft Moccasins, Free's
smokin.gif
haha stand and travel alot need anything comfort to make things go by lol!!
Hey, I know that collection
nerd.gif
HAHA HI :smile: never new such thread lived haha.
Impressive collection of Roshes. I counted 49, based on that picture alone.
nthat.gif

also Just curious, I noticed a lot of doubles displayed. Are they out for the photo or do you have them out regularly?
Yeah some Doubles in the pic, Black, Red, Iguna, Crimson, i keep them out because if i dont see them i wont wear it haha.
I envy you man
1. For going to Japan
2. For picking up those FB's before everyone else.
Nice pick up by the way.
No Need to be envious my boy :smile: it was just luck, my Head sales guy there new i wanted them, had them ready for me when i got to the hotel hehe. I hope they come out here soon!!!

Team Roshe Application

Daniel Roberto
San Diego, CA
Size 9.5

I am applying for Team Roshe :smile:

As far as I can remember, I've always been into shoes. Whether they were popular or not or "trending", I couldn't just limit myself to a few pairs of shoes. When I was younger, I was actually more into the Vans scene; they were comfortable, looked good, in style, and I was into skateboarding and it's culture. However, I always had a thing for Nike. I used to rock trainers and tennis shoes; they were like my go-to shoes. However, living in a family where such things are unimportant and unnecessary, it was / has always been hard for me to wear or purchase things I want to wear; especially shoes. It wasn't until middle school where I got back into shoes, and especially Nikes. I had to get me a pair of AF1's. I finally got some over time. But I was still never satisfied with them, or any other Nikes I've seen. Again, Nikes faded away from me.

During my later years of high school, I finally found the person who I am and accepted myself the way I was (won't go into too much detail, but I've always been that shy little kid that often gets teased). I'm indeed a 'wallflower' so all I do is look around and critically analyze things within my mind. I've always been observant, and through inspirations, I found photography. I've always been into photography, but never thought of getting into so seriously. During that time, I came across a San Francisco photographer and sneakerhead Dunksrnice (Rolo Tanedo Jr.; shoutouts to him!) and instantly fell in love with his work which gave me the inspiration and motivations for photography and other daily things in life. I was on his blog one day and saw that he picked up some new kicks. These weren't anything else I've seen, since he's always been into Dunks and J's and all that good stuff. These [shoes] were the now-ever-so-popular Nike Roshe Runs. I instantly fell in love with them.

Being quite a semi-minimalist myself, these shoes got me head over heels. So clean, so simple, so casual. I had to get a pair in my hands. I knew from there, that these were the type of shoes I need and want, because they weren't popular yet and wasn't so easy to find. They attracted me in terms of the shoe itself and to building my own self-esteem. It may seem superficial that not only I liked them, but just to have them to make me feel 'popular', but it was like a new door for me into gaining more confidence in myself and respect from others. "Whoa, nice shoes, dude!" "What are those man, those are clean!" "Those are Nikes? When did they make these?" "Where did you get them?" were among some of the questions and comments I got when I rocked this shoe. I gained more confidence in myself and gained more respect from the others around me, as well as complete strangers, making me feel better about myself, like I wasn't just some kid on this planet. My love for these shoes grew by tenfold when my friend introduced me to Sole Collector, which was terrible due to the lack of timing because I had just begun an internship. I found myself in my office on one screen doing work, and the other on Dunksrnice's photo blog and on Sole Collector reading up on everything about the shoe; from Dylan Raasch's designs and abstract of them to upcoming colorways which had me drooling. The only thing holding me back was the lack of money. Roshe's went on a hiatus for me during my late Junior year as it was more important for me to focus on school work and maintain my high GPA.

However, I've always checked back in on them, looking at the news, new colorways and concepts. It was safe to say I was in love with this shoe, whether I owned them or not, all I did was think of them and research them. Going onto my Senior Year, things got a little less hectic, which meant more time for Roshes, or in this case, more research on Roshes. I was finally getting money through photoshoots at school and other shoots where I was hired in. At one point I earned $200 from two photoshoots, and my friend told me, "You know that money isn't going last" as he laughed. And not to my surprise, it didn't last. It went straight to purchasing my 2nd and 3rd pair, the Mango V2 / Beaches and the Women's Black Speckles / Oreo / McFlurries. The rest of my pairs also came from money from doing shoots and gifts. This was the point where after following Team Roshe, I found out how to apply to be a member, which brought me to NikeTalk. I didn't know what NT was. But, I decided to try it and after a while, I often found myself on NT during school! I love the community where you can freely communicate with others of the beloved shoe. But this made my thirst for Roshes get worse. This is where I had my hardest time. I was stuck between Roshes and photography.

After a long time of critical thinking, calculating, and headaches, I realized that Roshes aren't even that important. Sure, I love them and I really want to collect them, but in reality, Roshes won't make you money or get you a job. Sure it can get you into Team Roshe, but there won't be a 401k and health insurance waiting for you. I decided that photography is what I want to do; Roshes will be my reward when the jobs are done. That way I can enjoy two things without worrying so much. Of course I will collect and love this shoe even if I do get accepted into TRo. Even if I can't buy myself some Roshes, the least I can do is buy them for someone else; to share my love with this shoe to others. I recently got into reselling, and found that people often inflate their prices, which disappoints me. I prefer things being fair for all. So I've been buying Roshes that I can get my hands on and sell them to someone who wants it.

I recently tried to help out a fellow NT and TeamRoshe member StussyKyd (Toni Allen Ong, shoutouts to you bro!) who I befriended through here by simple interaction. He happens to be living in Maui as I live in San Diego, and Maui doesn't get the good stuff too often, so I told him I was more than happy to help him pick up some Atomic Pinks and Greys to ship to him and his girlfriend. Although I was unlucky to find any sizes that fit him and or his girlfriend, he told me he was still glad to have someone like me go out of their way to help. I knew from there that I can help anyone, whether with Roshes or anything else. I developed a more positive and generous personality and confidence through this shoe (not entirely, but it played a role).

Anyway, to wrap this up, I want to shout out to StussyKyd again and to everyone on this thread who's helped me in anyway, directly or indirectly, thank you so much! Shoutout to Dunksrnice again, since I'm going to use an excerpt from his quote here (yes, a little cliche) but I've been living by this quote ever since, "...The most powerful motivation is love, if money is the motivation, then you'll fail yourself...you won't be happy. When you love what you do, you do it well... the money will come." I'm pretty sure it speaks for itself. Thank you so much, and thank you for taking your time to hear me out. Have a great day! (or night, whatever timezone you're in) Peace!

@droberto
Daniel Roberto

Last edited:
Damn I need to sell my extra pair of Knicks so I can get another pair of the sport reds. I am hoping for iguana rerelease too.
I'll take those Knicks off you 
tongue.gif

If anyone is in the DFW area, Sheikh in Galleria had one Iguana left when I went there last week. It was a size 9 or so I believe.

^^ It isn't the first of the month, but that picture/room setup is pretty dope. Has a "roshe" vibe to it lol

^^ It isn't the first of the month, but that picture/room setup is pretty dope. Has a "roshe" vibe to it lol
I'm pretty sure the rules state that it's still open for applications if the spots aren't filled yet, or am I wrong? :wow:

Milwaukee gets very little, if any rep in here so here goes.

Foot Action Mayfair has the most abundant collection of Roshes in Milwaukee I've seen to date. They told me they got a bunch in just the other day so I'm assuming there is a FSR on most pairs.

FYI only two pairs of 10s in the Sport Red.. I asked and bought the only 10.5

I'm pretty sure the rules state that it's still open for applications if the spots aren't filled yet, or am I wrong? :wow:

You may be right bro. I'm not exactly sure how it works I just know it said something about the first of the month, and that's when all the apps usually fly in. But either way, dope collection and pic man. That setting was perfect :smile:

Good luck on your application brother

You may be right bro. I'm not exactly sure how it works I just know it said something about the first of the month, and that's when all the apps usually fly in. But either way, dope collection and pic man. That setting was perfect :smile:

Good luck on your application brother
Yeah, I asked StussyKyd and he says as long as the spots aren't filled up you can apply. Anyway, thanks bro! :D

Extra Butter got a full restock on Safari Roshes all colors.. Picked up a size 9 today. Also  Foot Locker in Herald Square has Gamma Greens and Team Blues still. 

Ive been looking for speed yellows for a while now, could anyone let me know if they come across a size 11-11.5? would appreciate it.

Ive been looking for speed yellows for a while now, could anyone let me know if they come across a size 11-11.5? would appreciate it.
I've been looking off and on now for a few months. Every so often a deal pops up on eBay but they go quick.

I've been looking off and on now for a few months. Every so often a deal pops up on eBay but they go quick.
Yeah i check every once in a while for a good deal. I try not to spend too much over retail because one reason i buy Roshes is to avoid the resell prices and hype.

Back
Top Bottom