RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

what's up fellas. i've been running in roshe's and i'm looking to invest in a pair of runners. i've narrowed it down to the vomero 10's, pegasus 31, nimbus 16 & nimbus 17. which once should i scoop? thanks!

edit: i decided to get the nimbus 17

How do they feel on foot running wise? Even though you've already picked your shoes it depends on what type of running you do. The 17s are meant for slow pace running and supposedly has heavenly comfort. If you're not speed running then a are perfect for long distances. I'm also thinking about purchasing a pair, 16 or 17 to have as secondary shoe in rotation with a faster shoe like the Vermero or Peg 30 or 31....

The review by Solereview
http://www.solereview.com/asics-gel-nimbus-17-review/

what's up fellas. i've been running in roshe's and i'm looking to invest in a pair of runners. i've narrowed it down to the vomero 10's, pegasus 31, nimbus 16 & nimbus 17. which once should i scoop? thanks!

edit: i decided to get the nimbus 17

Roshe's?

:lol:

Despite the name (which thankfully they have changed) Roshe's are NOT running shoes.

Any one of those shoes you listed would be 10000x better than the Roshe's. Id recommend the Pegasus 31 out of those you listed. Nimbus line is cool too, a lot more cushion then the Peg's. If you wanna wait, the Pegasus 32 should be out later this month.

Solereview has hands down the best reviews.

Cushion on the Peg 31's is good. Its responsive meaning it gives back a lot and you feel like youre springing forward as opposed to being so soft that it absorbs it (some people need this though).

My Pegasus 30 were more absorbing and the 31's are more responsive or in other words more bouncy.

How do I find out my username? Is it under my name?
Says nikeplususer3535671 lol

I am running the Chicago marathon this fall :nerd:
First marathon, barely got into running this year, 2 months ago was the first time I ran :lol: . I couldn't run a mile without stopping, but have ran at least 3 times a week since then. I've been doing the Nike + coaching for my marathon training and am on my 2nd week now. I can currently run 5 miles without stopping and feel I can go a little bit longer, I think with 22weeks to go, I'll be fine hopefully. I weigh 130 and am always moving a lot at work, so that def helped. I haven't gotten my *** kicked from the Nike+ coaching yet, so I think I should be okay. I really love running. Love feeling the progress every week, it's amazing and I can't wait to see how I do in a month.

I couldn't run for about a month (for more than 2 miles) due to my calve being too tight and me not knowing as well. Really really sad it took me so long to know, I could've definitely been more ahead right now if I knew. But oh well

Last edited:
I did a challenge last month with some of the #NT people on twitter, I believe we had about 10-15 in the challenge which was pretty cool.. unfortunately I went to Vegas for a week and it messed me up :tongue:

Last edited:
I did a challenge last month with some of the #NT people on twitter, I believe we had about 10-15 in the challenge which was pretty cool.. unfortunately I went to Vegas for a week and it messed me up :tongue:

Nice! What was the challenge? Distance? Over how long?

Once we get a challenge going, it'll be DOPE! It'll bring out the competitiveness out of all of us and push ourselves further [emoji]128170[/emoji]

My sync has been funky lately as well, but this is a ballpark figure over the last 2+ years. April 25 was my first day with this phone, and I think the GPS might not have been accurate out of the box. It has since settled. But those speed records are not accurate.

to the person who said they run in Roshe's and those wondering.. I actually ran in Roshes too!

When I went to europe/NY like 2 years ago it was the only pair of shoes I brought. I wasn't about to NOT run. They were ok. Not something I would pick as my first choice to run in, but they are doable. But I run a slower pace. 9-10/min pace.

I tied em real good of course. I remember even running a 5K in some Kobe VI lol

Did you try yet?

Not yet been busy ...family in town..prolly tomorrow.
Ill post sumthin tho
to the person who said they run in Roshe's and those wondering.. I actually ran in Roshes too!

When I went to europe/NY like 2 years ago it was the only pair of shoes I brought. I wasn't about to NOT run. They were ok. Not something I would pick as my first choice to run in, but they are doable. But I run a slower pace. 9-10/min pace.

I tied em real good of course. I remember even running a 5K in some Kobe VI lol

Yea i ran in em lol.
Theyre ok but much better for just chillin

Last edited:
Ray - you might want to try the Vomero 10. I bought the Boston Marathon pair to wear casually, and they're unreal. They replaced the Cushlon between the Zoom with Lunarlon. I'm definitely looking to pick up a second pair to run in.

So I returned my Vom9s. I really liked them, but I found the Vom10s in the WMN's Boston cw for practically the same price. The 10s look and feel sleeker than the 9s, and the cw really reminds me of the True Blue AJ3s too :smokin. Newer tech, a softer upper, a clean cw and a non-Black sole made the decision much easier! I think I have my trainer 1-2 punch with the Peg30s and Vom10s set.

[COLOR=#RED]For those interested in the NT NIKE+ Challenge, post your NIKE+ handle (and IG if you'd like), so I can send you the challenge invite and add you to the roster on the first page. [/COLOR]
If you have any suggestions for the challenge, please don't be hesitant to post.

For the distance, I'm thinking somewhere in the 200-400mi range over 4-6 months?

Last edited:

Grabbed these new Saucony Kinvara 6's. Was originally looking for the new Breakthru's but the running store I was in didnt have them. They feel good, a bit more springy than the Pegasus 31's. The side is rubbing the side of my foot a bit but I think it was my socks. Gonna try em out for a few more runs before I pass my final judgement. They have a 4mm heel to toe drop as opposed to the Pegasus 31 12mm drop. A little flatter but they feel really good.

Grabbed these new Saucony Kinvara 6's. Was originally looking for the new Breakthru's but the running store I was in didnt have them. They feel good, a bit more springy than the Pegasus 31's. The side is rubbing the side of my foot a bit but I think it was my socks. Gonna try em out for a few more runs before I pass my final judgement. They have a 4mm heel to toe drop as opposed to the Pegasus 31 12mm drop. A little flatter but they feel really good.

Nice looking shoe looks comfy too.. Hopefully it works to your advantage. I'm just getting into the runners shoe market myself. I currently run in the Nike Zoom Wildhorse which also has a 4mm drop (19-23). I have no problem running in them, just wondering how a higher offset shoe will feel.

I originally came to NT to keep up with the releases of Nike B ball kicks. I like shoes and have collected in the past. Trying to find a running shoe that works for me seems a little more challenging. Especially looking outside of the Nike brand. Luckily I've narrowed it down to the Asics Nimbus and Nike Vermero.

Let's try this out. Here's our first IG/NT weekly challenge.

"Footwear is a necessity for most runners. Most notably, they help us get from point A to point B, achieve PRs and cross the Finish Line! This week's #NTrunningChallenge is to show us what sneakers you RUN in. Show us with #NTrunning. [emoji]128247[/emoji][emoji]128095[/emoji] The challenge ends next Saturday (5/23/15) [emoji]127937[/emoji]"

Last edited:
Let's try this out. Here's our first IG/NT weekly challenge.

"Footwear is a necessity for most runners. Most notably, they help us get from point A to point B, achieve PRs and cross the Finish Line! This week's #NTrunningChallenge is to show us what sneakers you RUN in. Show us with #NTrunning. [emoji]128247[/emoji][emoji]128095[/emoji] The challenge ends next Saturday (5/23/15) [emoji]127937[/emoji]"
Dope got to get some new sneakers this lunaracer are done

Last edited:
My Nike+ hasn't synced since the 5th. :/ Planning a short run for later to get a feel for one of the new shoes in the stable... #Zoom

Did you try yet?

Ok so i just tried the hyperfeel about 3 miles and theyre really great.
When i first saw the shoe i was skeptical about the outsole being so thin but when i purchased them i realized the lunar sole was on the inside which imo is genious.

The cushioning is not as thick of course as most runners but its comfy. It feels like youre running barefoot with cushioning almost...you can feel the countour of the road without it being uncomfortable...i thought the insole would move around because it comes out so easily but the fit was surprisingly snug. The shoe is extremely "fun" to wear if that makes any sense...youll want to run longer...i even wore them out to eat after i ran in them.
The only thing i feel that some people would have a problen with is that the forefoot could use more cushioning.

I am going to get another cw of them because i like them so much and i rarely do that with my runners. PERFECT shoe if you travel and run on the go being that they can easily fit into the pocket of a bag.

Perfect for summer.

Last edited:
My Nike+ hasn't synced since the 5th. :/ Planning a short run for later to get a feel for one of the new shoes in the stable... #Zoom

Thanks for accepting my friend request. What type of zoom runners do you have? Also my Nike+ app seems to be spotty at times. I run the same route kinda like running around a track just on pavement, 3x around. The GPS seem to cut out and my route is cut short. Trying to hit that under 8 mark this would of been my fastest mile as I'm running at a pace for speed.

Back
Top Bottom