RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Y'all see this?! It's an Ikea rug if you can't tell haha

Ran an easy two miler earlier, and mine won't sync either... :/

I always run with my data usage turn off. So my app doesn't sync until I get home and link into my wifi.... not problems there. But i do have problems with my GPS being spotty and not showing my whole route.

On the other hand . I purchased these Peg 31's and I don't know of my foot is suited enough for the shoes performance. I have a very low arches and the shoe is a neutral ride shoe. In the reviews it saying the shoes are geared towards regular/high arch runners.

Last edited:
I have Peg 30s as my bad weather shoe, because I like the traction much better than any Lunar series when the roads are wet.  I don't notice an arch issue, but my forefoot/toe group is a little more sore when I run in those, which is why I may switch to a Vomero.  I just grabbed the Flash Lunarglide 6 from the NDC Clearance Code, so we'll see when those come in.  The soles don't look any different, but has anyone run in those and can speak to whether or not they have better traction than a standard Lunar sole?

PS - ran the date this morning before 6am.  My watch still yelled at me to "Move!" on my drive to work.  Man, that's a demanding watch.

I have Peg 30s as my bad weather shoe, because I like the traction much better than any Lunar series when the roads are wet.  I don't notice an arch issue, but my forefoot/toe group is a little more sore when I run in those, which is why I may switch to a Vomero.  I just grabbed the Flash Lunarglide 6 from the NDC Clearance Code, so we'll see when those come in.  The soles don't look any different, but has anyone run in those and can speak to whether or not they have better traction than a standard Lunar sole?

PS - ran the date this morning before 6am.  My watch still yelled at me to "Move!" on my drive to work.  Man, that's a demanding watch.

I noticed some forefoot discomfort too in the Peg30s... Maybe I'll get accustomed to it since it is the first time that I've worn them.

Last edited:
On the other hand . I purchased these Peg 31's and I don't know of my foot is suited enough for the shoes performance. I have a very low arches and the shoe is a neutral ride shoe. In the reviews it saying the shoes are geared towards regular/high arch runners.

Maybe you need something with a lower heel to toe drop?

I just grabbed the Saucony Kinvara 6's which has a lower drop (4mm) so its a flatter shoe. Pegs are 12mm or 8mm. My Peg 31's were comfy from the first run, if its a bit off for now I would try to wear them a couple more times before you switch.

Grabbed the Saucony Breakthru's even though I just grabbed the Kinvara 6's since it was the shoe I first wanted to try. Im gonna return one of them, I love the aesthetics of the Breakthru's but after my first runs with both, im leaning more on the Kinvara's. Gonna give them both a few more runs before I decide.

Last edited:
Maybe you need something with a lower heel to toe drop?

I just grabbed the Saucony Kinvara 6's which has a lower drop (4mm) so its a flatter shoe. Pegs are 12mm or 8mm. My Peg 31's were comfy from the first run, if its a bit off for now I would try to wear them a couple more times before you switch.

Grabbed the Saucony Breakthru's even though I just grabbed the Kinvara 6's since it was the shoe I first wanted to try. Im gonna return one of them, I love the aesthetics of the Breakthru's but after my first runs with both, im leaning more on the Kinvara's. Gonna give them both a few more runs before I decide.

I'm currently still running in my older Nike Zoom Wildhorse which is a 4mm drop shoe. I've haven't run in the Pegs yet but was tempted to running in them today. I was fishing for some more info to rather the Pegs would response different since I have a very low arch. I've gotten use to the feel of a flat running shoe so any shoe I try with an elevated stack height gonna feel different.

I seen the post where you bought the Saucony Kinvara 6. The shoe did peek my interest and I read a couple reviews on them. I saw where they had a low (4mm) drop like the Wildhorse. They actually had great reviews. I see that Running Wear house had the Kinvara 5s for 58.99 and with the online code, I could get them for 50. Which leads me to my next question, how is the comfort? If they are comfy I just might scoop them for that price... Also you are saying you are gonna return one pair. If you've already run in them how can you return them?

^

Running stores usually give you 2-4 weeks for a return or atleast store credit.

The Kinvara's honestly feel better, maybe im trying to like the Breakthru's just cause I like the aesthetics tons. In any case, like I said after initial runs I like the Kinvara's more. Very comfortable, sides arent tight or anything. Pegasus feels more "complete" than the Kin's, meaning I get everything, responsiveness, comfort. Kin's have that lower drop and it works my foot out differently I feel. It feels flatter but still the cushion is enough where my feet dont hurt. The lacing feels better on the Pegs though, I feel a bit of pressure at the knot area if I give it a firm tug, no biggie but something I just noticed.

Kinvara 6 doesnt have a Solereview yet which im waiting on. Breakthru's felt eh on my first run. The side of my toe on my right foot was rubbing a bit and my foot as a whole started to feel a bit numbb after my run. Thinking it may just need a break in period but the Pegs and Kinvara's were good out of the box.

Last edited:
Nvm, Ray how do these fit compared to Pegasus 31's?

Very interested. Whats the 20% code again btw?

Last edited:
^

Running stores usually give you 2-4 weeks for a return or atleast store credit.

The Kinvara's honestly feel better, maybe im trying to like the Breakthru's just cause I like the aesthetics tons. In any case, like I said after initial runs I like the Kinvara's more. Very comfortable, sides arent tight or anything. Pegasus feels more "complete" than the Kin's, meaning I get everything, responsiveness, comfort. Kin's have that lower drop and it works my foot out differently I feel. It feels flatter but still the cushion is enough where my feet dont hurt. The lacing feels better on the Pegs though, I feel a bit of pressure at the knot area if I give it a firm tug, no biggie but something I just noticed.

Kinvara 6 doesnt have a Solereview yet which im waiting on. Breakthru's felt eh on my first run. The side of my toe on my right foot was rubbing a bit and my foot as a whole started to feel a bit numbb after my run. Thinking it may just need a break in period but the Pegs and Kinvara's were good out of the box.
Just what I wanted to hear. I just finished looking at the Gearist review on youtube. Nothing but excellent reviews. So I think I'm gonna get the Kinvara 5s which in the Kinvara 6 reviews are similar. I don't think Hibbets count as a actual running shoe store. I was gonna return them or sell the Pegs and get the Asics Nimbus 16s. I might just give the Pegs a shot....

Nimbus is a whole different ballgame from the Kins and Pegs. Keep the Pegs, great price. Highly suggest the Kinvara's.

Nvm, Ray how do these fit compared to Pegasus 31's?

Very interested. Whats the 20% code again btw?

Peg31s are TTS for me, but I usually opt for +1/2 in Racing shoes. I think the code is "BESTINU".

On a side note, I thought the Streaks had forefoot Zoom, but it's in the heel...

Here's a list of the Zoom placement in Nike's running lineup...

Flyknit Racer: Forefoot
Flyknit Trainer: Forefoot and Heel
Elite: Forefoot
Structure: Forefoot
Pegasus: Heel
Streak: Heel
Vomero: Forefoot and Heel

Last edited:
Peg31s are TTS for me, but I usually opt for +1/2 in Racing shoes. I think the code is "BESTINU".

On a side note, I thought the Streaks had forefoot Zoom, but it's in the heel...

Here's a list of the Zoom placement in Nike's running lineup...

Flyknit Racer: Forefoot
Flyknit Trainer: Forefoot and Heel
Elite: Forefoot
Structure: Forefoot
Pegasus: Heel
Streak: Heel
Vomero: Forefoot and Heel

I love me some Zoom Air shoes rather it's running or b-ball. I'm more of a heel/mid-foot striker. I've seen full length Zoom air insoles sold on ebay. I'm wondering if anyone tried them or if they would work when coupled with a pair of Nike runners.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22156305749...48&var=520418570198&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Running too fast causes tightness by my kidney area. Sometimes its unbearable and hurts to breathe

Kidney area? Mid/lower back or is it that "stitch" pain on the side?

Never heard of kidney pain while running, if its the side stitch theres no known cause of it, people say its maybe if you didnt drink enough water/too much water before your run, bad breathing, or if you ate too much before a run.

This just in.... I just purchased the Kinvara 5s. Can't wait to get them.

Last edited:
Ray, how do the Streaks fit compared to the Lunar Tempos? My Tempos are a 10.5 but they feel roomier than what id prefer to run in. Really tempted to grab those Infrared Streaks.

I'm not sure really because I've only tried on the LunarTempos, and I'd prefer going +1/2 on those. I'm thinking the Streak 5 fits small like most of Nike's Racing shoes. For reference, I've consistently gone +1/2 in the Flyknit Racer, Lunaracer 1 and 3 and Streak LT 2.

I'm not a big fan of the bright Swoosh and its placement on the Grey/Crimsons. The Black Swoosh on the White cw looks good though...

Last edited:
Looking for a versatile sneaker that I can use for 3-5K runs (3-4x per week, roads) and also wear for some high intensity circuit training in the gym.  I have a regular arch height with moderate pronation.  I currently have the Nike Metcon 1, which is great for the gym, but not so great for the roads; a pair of Air Max 2012 that don't have many miles on them since I've been mainly using them as 'walking shoes'  for work, and the fact that they're somewhat heavy; and my pair of New Balance w/ aftermarket orthotic insole inserts (can't remember model, but it's pretty old) are worn down.

I was recommend to check out the Nike Free Trainer 5.0 V6, but figured I'd be a fool not to ask the seasoned athletes here on NT for suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I"ll be honest, I don't think there are good "cross training" shoes anymore - what makes a good runner doesn't help with training, and what makes a good trainer isn't good for running.  I'd probably go with two specialized shoes.

I've tried on the Lunartempo as well.  I will definitely pick up a pair at some point.  I'll stay TTS, but I can definitely see the case for going up .5

Back
Top Bottom