RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

True and true. You'd definitely want 2 pairs of shoes to dedicated towards both training and running. Also scratch those maxes for runners, and keep working /walking in those. I've learn that you have really do your research when it comes to all the running shoes on the market. Read plenty reviews, but importantly, get evaluated at your local shoe store. That info helps you shop for runners. It's a whole bunch of other characteristics that play into you purchasing a shoe that has the performance you are looking for.

Ran a 5miler earlier in the Peg30s. My first impression of them was that they felt pretty clunky, but that's expected with cushioning sneaker. Like Swerve posted, they absorbed the impact and softened my landing. I'm not accustomed to running in shoes with an ample amount of cushioning, but I'd like to continue with them as my daily trainers.

Last edited:
Peg 30's are also A LOT roomier in the toebox compared to the 31's. Not a bad thing necessarily, would be good if you need the space. I like the fit of the 31's better, they are also noticeable more responsive rather than the plushness of the 30's.

Last edited:
Ran a 5miler earlier in the Peg30s. My first impression of them was that they felt pretty clunky, but that's expected with cushioning sneaker. Like Swerve posted, they absorbed the impact and softened my landing. I'm not accustomed to running in shoes with an ample amount of cushioning, but I'd like to continue with them as my daily trainers.

My Peg 31's are still on ice. I'm so use to wearing my old Wildhorses as they are worn down but so comfy at the same time. The clunckyness might come from the stack height you think. You're not use to running in a well cushioned shoe makes me think you like your foot feeling lower to the ground (lower mm drop ). Might just hold off for a minute until my Kinvara 5s come. They have the same drop as my current runners plus I like to run barefooted and they are suited for that too.

Last edited:
Just ran 8 in my Peg 30s, with the calf high cushion socks to help with the forefoot soreness, but I got a big ol' blister on the end of the second toe.  So, back to the anti-blister socks, and just endure the soreness.  Or, make sure it's not actually going to rain, and run in the Lunars, haha.

Peg 30's are also A LOT roomier in the toebox compared to the 31's. Not a bad thing necessarily, would be good if you need the space. I like the fit of the 31's better, they are also noticeable more responsive rather than the plushness of the 30's.

I had the choice of opting for the 31 (Marquee Blue/Lime or some OKC cw) for the same price as the 30 ($46 with tax). But, ultimately, I opted for the 30s because I liked the look, cw and the feel more than the 31s.

picked up the zoom streak during the nike clearance sale

:nerd: cant wait to test them out

Nice! Let us know how they are. In interested in the White cw.

My Peg 31's are still on ice. I'm so use to wearing my old Wildhorses as they are worn down but so comfy at the same time. The clunckyness might come from the stack height you think. You're not use to running in a well cushioned shoe makes me think you like your foot feeling lower to the ground (lower mm drop ). Might just hold off for a minute until my Kinvara 5s come. They have the same drop as my current runners plus I like to run barefooted and they are suited for that too.

Yeah, I usually run in lighter shoes...

Thanks for all the information everyone! Will spend some time on solereview for the time being.  Reps when I get back the power to give them...

Hi guys, tnx for the follow on IG :smile: just wanna ask if anyone rums regularly on the lunar flyknit 3? Torn between that and the free flyknit 4.0. I have flat feet and i like stability in my shoes but a hugging upper material.

Considering trying out the CC Cosmic Boost

Kidney area? Mid/lower back or is it that "stitch" pain on the side?

Never heard of kidney pain while running, if its the side stitch theres no known cause of it, people say its maybe if you didnt drink enough water/too much water before your run, bad breathing, or if you ate too much before a run.
I guess you can say it's the "stitch" pain on the side, didn't know how else to describe it 
laugh.gif
 Usually happens during sprints

Hi guys, tnx for the follow on IG :smile: just wanna ask if anyone rums regularly on the lunar flyknit 3? Torn between that and the free flyknit 4.0. I have flat feet and i like stability in my shoes but a hugging upper material.

Considering trying out the CC Cosmic Boost

Of the Nikes you mentioned, the Flyknit Lunar 3s seem like they fit your preferences more.

I guess you can say it's the "stitch" pain on the side, didn't know how else to describe it :lol:  Usually happens during sprints

Dont eat heavy before you run, try to drink some water and most importantly BREATHE. :lol:

I read an article that says if you exhale on the step opposite of your stitch (if youre stitch is on the right side, exhale when you step with your left foot) it will help it. I also found putting my hand and "holding" up my stitch hells a bit. If its that bad, I just stop and stretch for a few minutes.

Flyknit Lunar 3's are great for running btw.

Last edited:
Ahhh which cw did you grab the grey or the blue?

I just contacted Nike+ regarding the syncing issue, and they told me that I have to upgrade my iOS to atleast iOS7 in order for it to sync. I'm still on the 4S :wow:, and I'm on the last iOS6 update. I'll admit the only reason I don't want to upgrade is that the format of my running logs/vids will no longer be uniform for my running documentation that I'm keeping. I also like older NIKE+ interface more than the current. I guess, I've got to get with the times and tech. :/

Just realized I've been walking around "pain free" from my left knee. Gonna do a light jog tonight at the tread mill and see how it goes. Wish me luck bros.

Ahhh which cw did you grab the grey or the blue?

I just contacted Nike+ regarding the syncing issue, and they told me that I have to upgrade my iOS to atleast iOS7 in order for it to sync. I'm still on the 4S :wow:, and I'm on the last iOS6 update. I'll admit the only reason I don't want to upgrade is that the format of my running logs/vids will no longer be uniform for my running documentation that I'm keeping. I also like older NIKE+ interface more than the current. I guess, I've got to get with the times and tech. :/

Dove Grey/Crimson
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/air-zoom-streak-5-unisex-running-shoe/pid-10199592/pgid-10273123

I'm on current iOS with latest nike plus app. takes the automated voice 10 seconds to mention how long i ran for after i end the run. still glitchy :x :smh:

Nike+ also been giving me a little more mileage than what I should have. Ran 2 miles on a track and I was at 2.0 miles a little after the final curve of my 8th lap. Im not great at percentages, but how much extra do you guys think that is?

Would switching lanes on the track maybe affect the mileage?

Last edited:
Just realized I've been walking around "pain free" from my left knee. Gonna do a light jog tonight at the tread mill and see how it goes. Wish me luck bros.

Good luck, Sir! Keep us posted!

Dove Grey/Crimson
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/air-zoom-streak-5-unisex-running-shoe/pid-10199592/pgid-10273123

I'm on current iOS with latest nike plus app. takes the automated voice 10 seconds to mention how long i ran for after i end the run. still glitchy :x :smh:

Nice! I was so close to grabbing those too... I just updated my iOS 8.XX(?). I hope I'll warm up to it gradually. Right now, I'm not a fan. Now, I have to change my format :smh:

Nike+ also been giving me a little more mileage than what I should have. Ran 2 miles on a track and I was at 2.0 miles a little after the final curve of my 8th lap. Im not great at percentages, but how much extra do you guys think that is?

Would switching lanes on the track maybe affect the mileage?

Four laps (~1600m) is approximately one mile. But, you also have to consider which lane you run in. If you're running in the outermost lane, you can expect to log some extra distance. What I usually do when I'm on the track is run one mile (~4 laps) per lane. Once I complete one mile in that respective lane, I shift to the next inner lane until I hit the lane #1, when I usually save my fastest mile. It's a spiral route really.

I switched to just my watch to track, and then uploading to Nike+.  For some reason, the voice can't/won't say every number when I get my times...sometimes all I hear is "8 (pause) minutes" when it should be 8:39.  I was getting annoyed with it.

Back
Top Bottom