Same Sex Marriage Is The Law Of the Land

[quote name="Mr Marcus"][quote name="Boris"][QUOTE name="HTG Designs"]I honestly dont remember who told me, but its highly probable. But the theory is the rainbow was chosen because the LGBT main opposition are bible believers who are against immorality. Im sure you know about Noah's Ark. Once the Earth was cleansed of the immoral people, God established the rainbow as a covenant between Himself and mankind.

Gen 9:13-17

"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

So if true kinda done outta spite to God, and say that no matter what they do they are still His people. Until the creator states this as a reason tho, its just a theory.[/QUOTE]Without any real evidence for the theory, it kind of sounds like someone decided to turn this into another "attack" on Christianity.[/quote]Where's his attack?[/quote]Stealing the rainbow from the Christian narrative and making it a prominent feature of gay pride

And so much animosity is born the same way, where someone hears something with no proof whatsoever and runs with it.

No, I'm not saying you're running with it, HTG. But I guarantee other people are, on some, "I don't know, that's just what I heard" vibe.

Last edited:
So you were specifically asking where HTG's attack was?

Gotcha. My bad, then.

Last edited:
Is it possible to support gay marriage and still believe in God and have some religious values?
i believe so, but i'm also of the mindset that religion is a manmade device used to hinder people, so much gets destroyed under the guise of religion, i prefer spirituality. i once heard it described like this "religion is for people trying not to go to hell, spirituality is for people who have been to hell & back." if you're a christian you realize that the religious lifestyle was the same thing that jesus was trying to break up back then, those deep rooted pharisees and sadducees who ruled & held people to doctrine, laws, & rights. 

what do any of these things have to do with being gay? seems like stuff everyone should value 
the history is as goes, back when being gay was something you could be killed for [& still can be, in some places] closeted gay people historically used bright colors to signal their homosexuality to each other, such as oscar wilde's green carnation which he wore on his lapel, in australia i think closeted gay men wore yellow socks, & of course during the holocaust gay men were forced to wear pink triangles. pop culture also gave the rainbow resonance with gay activists, perhaps because of judy garland & her signature song “somewhere over the rainbow.” garland was a major star to the gay community throughout the 1950s and 1960s. gay men came out in droves for her performances & from wwii forward, many in the LGBT community referred to themselves as 'friends of dorothy" a phrase that seems to have derived from garland’s performance in the "wizard of oz." the pivotal riots at the stonewall inn occurred just hours after garland’s funeral, and her death may have helped provoke the unrest. 

Is it possible to support gay marriage and still believe in God and have some religious values?

Marriage has deviated so far from religion that you can just see it as something else entirely. I mean marriage itself is just a word. You can look at people getting married as a legal thing and have the church have it's own way of bringing two people together.

But as far as marriage as a union based in Christianity. Honestly, I think it's weird if you believe in a religion then half step on what is supposed to be god's words. If you believe that's ACTUALLY the word of god, I don't see how you can just shrug it off like "nah, I don't like that bit there." The bible says that marriage is only between a man and woman, so it doesn't make sense to me if a gay couple gets married and sees it as a religious union. So I don't think you can be Christian and support gay marriage in the religious sense because it literally says in the text, which is suppose to be god's words, that that can't happen.

But again, I think you can just see it as two different things at this point. I'm Agnostic and don't see marriage at all as a union as described in the bible. I could give two craps about the bible with all due respect. But If I was gay and Christian, I'd probably justify getting married in my head as "okay, this isn't marriage as god described it. But this is something me and my significant other are doing to show our commitment to one another"

Last edited:
Basically, the rainbow is God's promise to never destroy the Earth by flooding it.

Either that or it's the sunlights wavelengths bending as it enters water droplets in moist air refracting a dispersive prism...or maybe it's god saying I won't flood this joint. Who knows.

[quote name="doublemesh96"][quote name="pip777"]Basically, the rainbow is God's promise to never destroy the Earth by flooding it.[/quote]Either that or it's the sunlights wavelengths bending as it enters water droplets in moist air refracting a dispersive prism...or maybe it's god saying I won't flood this joint. Who knows.[/quote]Here's the type of response to that that irks me:

"Yeah, it's the sunlight's wavelengths bending through water droplets... AS A PROMISE FROM GOD TO NEVER FLOOD THE EARTH AGAIN. :D I know of his promise, and you know the science behind his promise, how he makes it possible."

To which I usually just facepalm, and give up the convo. :lol:

Last edited:
As much as it pains me to say this, after reading all of this I realize I still don't really like the concept of a man with a man, or even a woman with a woman. I consider it a deviant sexual preference that exists, but makes me uncomfortable. And by deviant I mean outside the norm + a very small % of the population has this sexual desire (born with it). In some ways it is like pedophilia (the deviant born with sexual desire). Very drastically differeny however is that this does not hurt anyone.

And on that note, I am so happy that gay people now have the full legal right to live their life how they choose. My viewpoint is of no consequence to them.

I hope people don't interpret this some sort of way. There are many things that I'm glad people have the freedom to do, but I believe to be a deviant (outside the norm) lifestyle (e.g., being a professional clown) and wouldn't want my family to be part of. Always willing to accept people for who they want, but it seems counter progressive when I see religious people attacked for not finding the lifestyle one they agree with or want part of their society.

To end, if my son were gay I would accept him, love him, and try to help him live life as enjoyably and successfuly as he could. I'd be lying though if I said I wouldn't initially be very disappointed when I first found out.

As much as it pains me to say this, after reading all of this I realize I still don't really like the concept of a man with a man, or even a woman with a woman. I consider it a deviant sexual preference that exists, but makes me uncomfortable. And by deviant I mean outside the norm + a very small % of the population has this sexual desire (born with it). In some ways it is like pedophilia (the deviant born with sexual desire). Very drastically differeny however is that this does not hurt anyone.

And on that note, I am so happy that gay people now have the full legal right to live their life how they choose. My viewpoint is of no consequence to them.

I hope people don't interpret this some sort of way. There are many things that I'm glad people have the freedom to do, but I believe to be a deviant (outside the norm) lifestyle (e.g., being a professional clown) and wouldn't want my family to be part of. Always willing to accept people for who they want, but it seems counter progressive when I see religious people attacked for not finding the lifestyle one they agree with or want part of their society.

To end, if my son were gay I would accept him, love him, and try to help him live life as enjoyably and successfuly as he could. I'd be lying though if I said I wouldn't initially be very disappointed when I first found out.

I agree with a lot of what u said. The important thing is that you recognize that your viewpoint has no consequence to them and that it goes both ways (no pun). THAT is tolerance. Being able to have a difference of belief or opinion while respecting the freedom of others so long as they aren't harming anybody. As soon as people start believing that what's best for them is best for everybody else that's when we have a serious problem. And there's been a lot of that coming from both sides. You don't have to accept it but you have to respect it.

Last edited:
Here's the type of response to that that irks me:

"Yeah, it's the sunlight's wavelengths bending through water droplets... AS A PROMISE FROM GOD TO NEVER FLOOD THE EARTH AGAIN. :D I know of his promise, and you know the science behind his promise, how he makes it possible."

To which I usually just facepalm, and give up the convo. :lol:

I'm glad you said before someone else did :lol:

I commend you for your honesty, and like doublemesh said, the important thing is that you recognize that your viewpoint has no consequence to them, just the same as gay marriage being legal now has no consequence on you.

I'd be cautious with your viewpoint, though. It will absolutely come off as homophobic intolerance to those who are ONLY looking for raw, unfiltered, ecstatic, enthusiastic, deliberate support.

I know from experience, because I share a viewpoint similar to yours, but suffer from 'Can't shut up' disease and also from 'Didn't mean that the way it sounded' disease.

6388.gif

I commend you for your honesty, and like doublemesh said, the important thing is that you recognize that your viewpoint has no consequence to them, just the same as gay marriage being legal now has no consequence on you.

I'd be cautious with your viewpoint, though. It will absolutely come off as homophobic intolerance to those who are ONLY looking for raw, unfiltered, ecstatic, enthusiastic, deliberate support.

I know from experience, because I share a viewpoint similar to yours, but suffer from 'Can't shut up' disease and also from 'Didn't mean that the way it sounded' disease.

Agreed. It is why I prefer NT for these sort of mature discussions. A bit of anonymity to a small degree and at least people think a little bit longer when writing.

I hate talking out loud to people about any hot button issues. People r too caught up in the interpersonal communication part and there seems to be minor thoughtful progression of conversation.

There have def been times on NT where I've changed my mind about a topic and know had it been a verbal conversation i would of stuck to my guns.

+9000

My worst fear is if people start attacking you for your different views and take it to the next level by trying to get you fired, arrested, etc.

Some immediate responses to this ruling from a former college teammate of mine

View media item 1603604View media item 1603605View media item 1603606
I don't go to church very often, but I've been saying my prayers right before I go to sleep (no matter what time) every single day for the last 14 years, so I'm struggling to figure out a couple things:

1) How is something forced on you that you're not actually involved in?
2) Rise up to what?
3) What's our backbone?

I hate to even entertain this, but but I saw those posts all I could think was
tumblr_nesxmkxM4v1ttma2yo1_250.gif

The homosexual vibrations are just getting stronger by the day. IM NOT HOMOPHOBIC BUT THIS IS BEING FORCED DOWN OUR THROATS ON A DAILY BASIS VIA NEWS, TV SHOWS, BOOKS AND SPORTS AND THAT IS A CONSPIRACY BY DEFINITION.

Back
Top Bottom