Same Sex Marriage Is The Law Of the Land

Now, many non-believers/apologists will bring up Leviticus and the whole eating pork thing. But, later in the Bible, in Mark 7:19, Jesus declares these foods clean.
If this is true, then that would mean God changes. "Don't eat that bacon. Okay now you can eat that, save me piece."
Gross misinterpretations like this is why nonbelievers poke holes through biblical arguments.
its not the best disection but check this: http://jesusisajew.org/Short/MK7V19.php

Last edited:
The idea of all sins are created equally might be the most illogical thing man has said God said. Literally makes NO sense, but we are talking about religion here so......

The idea of all sins are created equally might be the most illogical thing man has said God said. Literally makes NO sense, but we are talking about religion here so......
It boils down to "right" and "wrong." We recognize the degrees to each, but at the end of the day, things fall into either category.

Last edited:
A sin is a sin

Your sin is no less of a sin than someone else's

laugh.gif
Stealing a starburst = Killing another human

#GodLogic

Now, many non-believers/apologists will bring up Leviticus and the whole eating pork thing. But, later in the Bible, in Mark 7:19, Jesus declares these foods clean.
I'd rather just point out that there is no logical reason for homosexuality to be a sin.

Can we get the verses where the bible calls gays evil and then possibly get the correct "interpretation" of what's actually being said? That would end the debate I guess

[quote name="BLASTERCOMBO"]Can we get the verses where the bible calls gays evil and then possibly get the correct "interpretation" of what's actually being said? That would end the debate I guess[/quote]View media item 1607755

Last edited:
Can we get the verses where the bible calls gays evil and then possibly get the correct "interpretation" of what's actually being said? That would end the debate I guess

You think there is just one?

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God

- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

- Leviticus 20:13

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine

- Timothy 1:10

And the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

- Romans 1:27

Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin.

- Leviticus 18:22

Thank you kind sir..... Now, for those claiming it's being misinterpreted ...... Dazzle us if you will please

All the bible verses they dont like are just metaphors. Not to be taken literally.

Last edited:
Oh no, I know there are dozens but the thing with proving something as false is you just need to find one fallacy and the whole thing implodes. Now it's been said in here multiple times that the bible is actually just being misinterpreted and not really against gays. Well.... I want those guys to step forward and show us in what ways thy are........ This ought to be good.

Last edited:
humans wrote the bible though.

Id even surmise that back in the day, homosexuality was probably used partly as the scapegoat for the fall of the Roman Empire.

If this is true, then that would mean God changes. "Don't eat that bacon. Okay now you can eat that, save me piece."
Gross misinterpretations like this is why nonbelievers poke holes through biblical arguments.
its not the best disection but check this: http://jesusisajew.org/Short/MK7V19.php
Okay, if you're allowed to say that God (which you are essentially saying The Bible) ...b/c God does not change. Then I can also say the Bible has "changed" ...except I would prefer the term evolved.

For instance....

Poster above mentioned a few examples of places in The Bible where it states the verses against homosexuality...

"1 Corinthians 6:9-10

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

Now, obviously The Bible does not reflect this in today's age...the NJV (basically the updated/today's version...) reads this way...

1 Corinthians 6:9-10New King James Version (NKJV)

"9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."
Sometimes I think yall are just trying to be more anti-religion rather than pro-gay...if that makes sense.
Agreed.
Oh no, I know there are dozens but the thing with proving something as false is you just need to find one fallacy and the whole thing implodes. Now it's been said in here multiple times that the bible is actually just being misinterpreted and not really against gays. Well.... I want those guys to step forward and show us in what ways thy are........ This ought to be good.
I'm confused at what you are asking.

[quote name="japejapejape"]Sometimes I think yall are just trying to be more anti-religion rather than pro-gay...if that makes sense.[/quote]That's like being confused whether a person is vegetarian, or against animal cruelty.

They practically go hand in hand. Not definitely, not always, but for the most part.

Honestly, what is the big difference in Christianity between say a man getting with another man, and a man getting with a woman before they are married? Aren't they both not allowed equally?

Why is one of those a look the other way situation and one is an all out lets get involved in other peoples business situation? I don't see Christians organizing/discussing/campaigning against premarital relations with the same fervor they are against homosexual relations.

Seems very hypocritical.

Okay, if you're allowed to say that God (which you are essentially saying The Bible) ...b/c God does not change. Then I can also say the Bible has "changed" ...except I would prefer the term evolved.

For instance....

Poster above mentioned a few examples of places in The Bible where it states the verses against homosexuality...

"1 Corinthians 6:9-10

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

Now, obviously The Bible does not reflect this in today's age...the NJV (basically the updated/today's version...) reads this way...

1 Corinthians 6:9-10New King James Version (NKJV)
"9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

Agreed.

I'm confused at what you are asking.

How is what I'm asking confusing? The bible say right there clear as day they're completely anti gay and that they're all sinner aka going to hell. Now, tell me (or anyone else who claims the bible is just being misinterpreted) how is it being misinterpreted. The MAIN point is that if you're an actual God fearing, bible loving and devoted/going to heaven christian you inherently are against gays and homosexuality

Back
Top Bottom