San Francisco Giants vs. Washington Nationals Series Thread (6/6 - 6/9)

WHAT?! zito won today? ...cant believe i missed his 2nd win
frown.gif

this is a great series for the giants. Everything is clicking for them right now.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
:Hat

Keep it up!

Game 4 Starting Pitchers: Matt Cain vs. Tyler Clippard

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Clippard Was
7970.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2-4[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.67[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]68[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]39[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.41[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]-[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Record[/th] [th=""]Standings[/th] [th=""]Away/Home[/th] [th=""]Streak[/th] [th=""]L10[/th] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]28-35[/td] [td]3rd West[/td] [td]Away 15-16[/td] [td]Won 3[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Washington[/td] [td]25-39[/td] [td]5th East[/td] [td]Home 14-20[/td] [td]Lost 3[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][/table]
Don't wanna jinx anything so,

Go Giants!
pimp.gif

Brian Wilson is awesome. Not only does he rock Jordans and know about the releases, but he seems like a chill dude. I'm soooo glad Benitez is gone.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Brian Wilson is awesome. Not only does he rock Jordans and know about the releases, but he seems like a chill dude. I'm soooo glad Benitez is gone.

really?
nerd.gif

yeah wilson seemed like a pretty cool guy in that interview. great series for SF. all our starters got wins in every game in the series.

I didn't want to say anything prior to the game in fear of jinxing it.

SWWWEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!
pimp.gif

I can't believe the Giants are only 5 out now.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

really?
nerd.gif

Yes sir.

I've shared this story with my fellow NTers before but what the hey? On the day the Military IV's were released, I ran into Wilson at NTSF at 8 am. Dude was there early in true shoe head fashion. I asked if anyone else on the team was into Jordans, and he said plenty of guys were (but didn't mentionany names). He was bummed out that customer's service wasn't open (it was too early) because he would have gotten a hook-up by being on the Giants.Unfortunately he had to pay retail like the rest of us.

really?
nerd.gif

Yes sir.

I've shared this story with my fellow NTers before but what the hey? On the day the Military IV's were released, I ran into Wilson at NTSF at 8 am. Dude was there early in true shoe head fashion. I asked if anyone else on the team was into Jordans, and he said plenty of guys were (but didn't mention any names). He was bummed out that customer's service wasn't open (it was too early) because he would have gotten a hook-up by being on the Giants. Unfortunately he had to pay retail like the rest of us.

Thats
pimp.gif
. I love the thing he does after he gets an out.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Umm, hey guys... we're only 5 games out of 1st
eek.gif

Didn't want to metioned anything because of jinxing it
laugh.gif
, but dare I say playoff contenders?

Probably not, but this team is alright. My favorite squad in awhile.

Do you guys think if the Giants are still a few games out of a playoff spot by around the time the trade deadline comes, they will try to make a trade to getthem to the playoffs this year?

Do you guys think if the Giants are still a few games out of a playoff spot by around the time the trade deadline comes, they will try to make a trade to get them to the playoffs this year?
I hope not.
We are in rebuilding mode right now, it's nice that we're in contention, but we're still rebuilding.

If we do, I would think Cain would be traded, he's regressed

Do you guys think if the Giants are still a few games out of a playoff spot by around the time the trade deadline comes, they will try to make a trade to get them to the playoffs this year?

Oh God I hope not. I wouldn't put it past Sabes, too. This is why were got in this mess in the first place. Him thinking we can make a push with Bondsand fillers, then signing mediocre veterans with lame contracts.

I agree with SoHi, it's nice we're winning, but we are rebuilding. If someone wants Molina, Winn, etc. for the right package, do it.
Iwouldn't mind trading Cain also. Someone proposed Cain, Wilson, and a prospect for Prince Fielder on a Giants blog. Alderson, Bumgarner, and Hinshaw areon the come up, so who knows.

EDIT: Cain is younger than Lincecum, so I don't think he's regressed. He just needs to stop the walks and needs run support.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom