SEE NOW this is when Wiz was dope

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Star Power was by far his best mixtape.
I hated Rolling Papers, but Taylor Alderdice sounded just like the Burn After Rolling/Flight School/Kush & OJ/Star Power Wiz we all know and loved.
He's been rapping like this for a while now, OP. No need to whine now.
OP seems like one of those elitist people who only like punchline rap and call everything else that doesn't have bars or a cool beat "crap."

This will ALWAYS be appreciated by me, though.
NOT ONCE did I ever say his new music was crap, i just said it wasnt for me. But you are right, i do prefer music with bars, thats what attracted me to hiphop in the 1st place...

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

To me it's obvious he's chosen to shy away from the harder more gritty lyrical rhymes altogether. Yall are just gonna have to accept that. His mixtapes have gone to the chill laid back vibe, he's found his lane that nobody has been successful at in a while as far as new artists go. His albums are on that lite pop version of that.

This aint no different than ppl who like COF/SDE Cam'ron or mixtape Fab. Just deal with the fact that that old Wiz is most likely not coming back. He'd need an out pouring of fans to even consider it.
Originally Posted by solarius49

Honestly as soon as he started messin with Amber his music took a serious hit. Now he just makes that music that you only have to HEAR and not really LISTEN to
I don't understand why ppl always reach for the most irrelevant things to point to why they don't like the sound of a rapper's music. Amber aint got +#%@ to do with Wiz's content or music quality. Stop looking for excuses and scapegoats.

Son has been off the punchline rap WAY before Amber and the thing about it is he knew the broad before he even got on. Son changed his sound with Star Power and has not looked back since. That's been 4 years now.
word? where did they know each other from? lmao

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

lazy weed song wiz > punchline rapper wiz
thats because he wasn't good at being a punchline rapper

and he's pretty meh now too, but taking da lyrical "punchline" approach really exposed his weaknesses.

Its like he has the formula for songmaking down, Im just not really into his content at all

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Had Dipset signed Wiz back in the P.O.T.C days they would still be on top of the game. He would have blended perfectly with them, plus he's said on numerous occasions Cam is his favorite rapper.

His sound def changed a few years ago, and it has changed noticeably since hes been messin with shorty. I mean im not mad at him lol, just an observation kiddo
What exactly has changed since then?

Wiz saw her in some strip club in Pittsburgh
Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Had Dipset signed Wiz back in the P.O.T.C days they would still be on top of the game. He would have blended perfectly with them, plus he's said on numerous occasions Cam is his favorite rapper.
Wiz was a nobody then. No chance of that happening. Have the Dips even signed an artist outside of the tri-state area?
laugh.gif

Besides that had Wiz stayed on the punchline rap he'd not be as big as he is now even with Cam's cosign and by the time he figure that out hip hop fans may have pigeon holed him in to one sound and hated on him if he changed to the weed head he is now.

Taylor Allderdice is pretty close to the Kush & OJ Wiz, so Im not complaining at all. POTC Wiz is long gone, and truthfully he would not have lasted in mainstream with that.

His sound def changed a few years ago, and it has changed noticeably since hes been messin with shorty. I mean im not mad at him lol, just an observation kiddo

Wiz was a nobody then. No chance of that happening. Have the Dips even signed an artist outside of the tri-state area?
laugh.gif

Besides that had Wiz stayed on the punchline rap he'd not be as big as he is now even with Cam's cosign and by the time he figure that out hip hop fans may have pigeon holed him in to one sound and hated on him if he changed to the weed head he is now.

now you're just making stuff up, shorty has never stripped at any of these bum strip clubs we have in the burgh haha

I still enjoy wiz. Real chill music. But I agee, his mixtapes were just better. Red Carper off of deal or no deal and that hero 'freestyle' on Star power....damn

everything around star power...its where he really got comfortable with his sound that you still hear now...

Kush & OJ is STILL his most complete project.

With that said, there's plenty of work I continue to enjoy from Wiz...POTC2, Flight School, Star Power, How Fly (although I Felt this should have been better), Cabin Fever, Taylor Allderdice, and countless singles.

He was putting out album quality work for free long before he released Deal or No Deal and Rolling Papers.

laugh.gif

now you're just making stuff up, shorty has never stripped at any of these bum strip clubs we have in the burgh haha

laugh.gif

^^ I'll give you that, he was never about that life, which is why alot of dudes who were about that life had a problem with him in Pittsburgh...but ill tell you right now Chevy Woods was REALLY about that life

^^ I'll give you that, he was never about that life, which is why alot of dudes who were about that life had a problem with him in Pittsburgh...but ill tell you right now Chevy Woods was REALLY about that life

yeah that's not him... Wiz was probably on his man Chevy's style till he found his own lane, but nonetheless that man's vision, grind n marketing is 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom