Serious Question, Do you guys think the Flightposite 1's are a underrated shoe?

Watch these will because the new Foam Pro and One after the current hype dies down

As soon as Nike puts out a retro and Wale or Khalifa wears them

Originally Posted by BronLe

Watch these will because the new Foam Pro and One after the current hype dies down

As soon as Nike puts out a retro and Wale or Khalifa wears them
Already happened..

walefoam.preview.jpg

Sidenote: I wish these had dropped.. maybe in the future?

I love my pairs. I'm glad they don't have the level of fanfare as the Foam One. And they're DEFINITELY better for ball than the Foams, way lighter and the Zoom Air is comfy.

Pissed I missed out on the retros!

Would like to get my hands on the gold cw and a few of the TB's along with that infamous navy pair.

Nike should have keep the laces exposed. If so, I truly believe these would be an all time classic 

they sold well in NYC, they just didn't break that hypebeast threshold that da eggplant foamposites did.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Nike should have keep the laces exposed. If so, I truly believe these would be an all time classic 
What you mean? No zipper shroud? That's part of what makes the shoe in my opinion... rocking them with the zipper all the way down
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but they look just as good zipped up too..

I dunno, I think without the zipper they would look too similar to a Air Max Wavy or something.. the zipper is what makes them unique IMO

more overpriced than underrated,I think the majority of people like spending jordan money on jordans

They aren't underrated, just for some reason forgotten. I wear mine around, and people act like they never released. Hopefully there is a WHITE BASED retro in the works... Just wanted to add these are thee most garbage soles known to man, I had a hell of a time putting mine back together...
292883814.jpg

I had the gold joints back in 2000/2001. To me they were probably the most comfortable shoe to hoop in at the time, next to the XVI imo.

I remember older cats would hate on them harrdd. They always said they were ugly, etc. Man that shoe was ahead of it's time..

Originally Posted by Weatherman

What you mean? No zipper shroud? That's part of what makes the shoe in my opinion... rocking them with the zipper all the way down
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I dunno, I think without the zipper they would look too similar to a Air Max Wavy or something.. the zipper is what makes them unique IMO
this.....a friend of mine said the the same thing that he didn't like the zipper...which is why he didn't like the FP1 & 2....but he loved the 3.

without the shroud, these would look something like this:
Air+Signature+Player1.JPG

What problems do people have with the soles? This is news to me..
as with most shoes from this era....the glue will dry up and the sole will separate from the upper. They're also susceptible to crumbling with the polyurethane midsole embedded underneath the upper and on top of the outsole. I recently detached all the soles on my og's just to check for crumbling and really to ensure that i wouldn't have to worry about them separating for another decade.

....they could also be talking about the durability....as good as they are for ball (imo)...on outdoor courts, the soles will not last at all because they are thin. I put a hole through a pair in one summer way back then. Stick to indoor use only and they're much better.

some pics
tongue.gif

4886091226_5220c8d368_b.jpg

4898384607_7e1a3d129d_b.jpg

5425993683_96e0d34ca7_b.jpg

5693941937_f7eae65b97_b.jpg

pimp.gif
The obsidian & whites!
I had to give those up for another pair of kicks back then because that damn midfoot piece began to peel off.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No they would not. Early prototype of the Flightposite had a lacing system like the Foampsoite Ones. A ton of exposed lace holes. A pic was posted on it NT like over a decade ago. They looked like a sleeker version of the foams and had much more casual appeal.  

No they would won't. Early prototype of the Flightposite had a lacing system like the Foampsoite Ones. A ton of exposed lace holes. A pic was posted on it NT like over a decade ago. They looked like a sleeker version of the foams and had much more casual appeal. 
someone find this pic....please

laugh.gif
@ "No they would won't".
I think I know what Rusty's talking about though (I don't hav the pic).I thought that was a Foam 1 prototype though.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

laugh.gif
@ "No they would won't".
I think I know what Rusty's talking about though (I don't hav the pic).I thought that was a Foam 1 prototype though.
As I remember it wasn't and actual shoe just an official prototype sketch which were very close to the final product. Everything looked the same except the laces. These were posted here during NT's early days, like in 2000, 2001 

Wish some of these would retro again so I can finally get my size

Back
Top Bottom