Serious Question, Why is trolling so frowned upon?

1. k3stacks love your Avy
2. Trolling is what makes the internet funny and go round
3. my lil bro is literally a professional troller on Youtube, he can make people shut the hell up on subjects he knows about
4. I'm a grammer Nazi on FB

I'm sure the mods would prefer you to donate to the charities. I don't see the tag under your name. Why don't you do that first.

I don't think anyone on our staff is starving.  Meanwhile, the money we raise together helps provide things like medical care, disaster relief, and education for communities in need.  If we didn't trust these organizations, we wouldn't donate our own money to them.  

In several cases, I've personally communicated with people responsible for facilitating the projects we help finance.  After we donated $17,000 to the End Dogfighting Campaign, I visited Chicago at my own expense to attend their annual fundraising gala and sit in on one of their classes in one of Chicago's poorest neighborhoods.  This isn't just hollow CSR; these programs are important to us.  We wouldn't support them otherwise.  

We want NikeTalk to be a positive both for our online community as well as for the greater global community of which we're all a part.  That's what drives us.  

We don't need extra spending money or special NT PE sneakers.  

I honestly think Method Man really gets something outta these long winded "discussions".  Dude loves it.  He wouldn't constantly type these paragraph responses full of SAT words.  It's one thing to speak in an eduacated manner but to go all "Websters" on people takes effort. The only people impressed by it are dummies or high school kids.  Anybody with a college eduaction can do the same but we realize this is an internet messageboard and it's not necessary.

A lot of people find thoughtful discussions worthwhile.  If you're not one of them, that's fine.  Nobody's forcing you to take part.  A communicator with a minuscule vocabulary is like a singer whose vocal range consists of a single octave.  It can also be a little dull to constantly read, let alone write, sentences that demonstrate little to no syntactic variety.  I am who I am.  I'm comfortable with that and, if you aren't, then, frankly, that's your problem.  In my mind, it would be horribly condescending to believe that I have to "dumb things down" for NikeTalk. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't Mods have the same rights as other users?  So if I "didn't read" Method Man why should I get banned when I can "didn't read" other users?
That garbage is intended to be disruptive, it's intended to be insulting, and it's intended as an act of trolling.  Why should it be tolerated?  
Unfortunately, sometimes you get people who treat the entire world as though it were high school, and they think that they can score points with their peers by showing off and disrespecting the "authority" figures.  Why should that be tolerated?  In order for you to enjoy this community, a number of volunteers work tremendously hard without receiving any financial compensation whatsoever.  On top of everything else they give to our community, they shouldn't be expected to take abuse.  

Perhaps you're still tight about being suspended for a flagrant insult back in April, but it's time to let that go.  Most people in this thread seem to agree that NikeTalk's unique commitment to fostering a respectful climate is an asset rather than a liability.  If you must insult others online, take it elsewhere.  Let's enjoy NikeTalk for what it is rather than attempt to reduce it to an average Internet forum.  

I think the site in general is taken too serious, no disrespect.

Like how that Lebron thread was locked when people started talking about the Finals. Like according to them it made the whole thread one big vat of spam when people talked sporadically for a couple of pages about the dude who endorsed the shoes, smh. Also, no cussing?

Site is a little bit too uptight.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

I don't trust charities because I don't trust people, other than my parents. So unless it's something founded by them, I feel like my moneys would be misappropriated and stolen, and somebody involved in the charity's administration if pushing a lambo and defecating in a solid gold toilet, similar to my feeling and experience with churches.

you just proposed throwing money at the mods but you wouldn't put money into a charity that the mods endorse? you sir, are a troll. please leave.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

I honestly think Method Man really gets something outta these long winded "discussions".  Dude loves it.  He wouldn't constantly type these paragraph responses full of SAT words.  It's one thing to speak in an eduacated manner but to go all "Websters" on people takes effort. The only people impressed by it are dummies or high school kids. 
laugh.gif
Anybody with a college eduaction can do the same but we realize this is an internet messageboard and it's not necessary. I'm not saying he doesn't make sense alot of the time, but he also does some "questionable" things.  It's like a cop insulting people and bucking at them.  If they do anything back they go to jail or in this case get banned. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't Mods have the same rights as other users?  So if I "didn't read" Method Man why should I get banned when I can "didn't read" other users?  In my opinion Method Man is guilty of trolling sometimes along with almost all other users.  But he will never admit.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom