Shoe Game is pretty much over for me now..

There are shoe heads and there are Jordan heads . Shoe heads understand tht there are more arguably better looking and better quality shoes out there so they collect them . Jordan heads js cop watever Jordan's come out no matter wat it is .
lolwat?

Won't ever stop wearing tennis shoes. I definitely have switched to more laid back running shoes then buying every new retro j.

Got my two pairs of bred 11's. Not buying any shoes until those Gary Payton's come out.

Can't keep spending all this money on sneakers. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Best decision ive made was the switch from jordans to running shoes and cross trainers. You can have the lines, the headaches and overpriced sneakers. The older i get the more my eyes open to the jordan buisness and the way they extort the youth and followers.

I pretty much stopped buying new releases in early 2012. Every time I got the urge to buy a new release, I just put $300 down on my credit card bills. I had a couple thousand leftover from being young and dumb buying shoes, clothes and whatnot. Trying to buy the latest materialistic possessions when I should have been paying off debt. I did buy shoes here and there but mostly from the outlets or a really good sale. I'm not even gonna lie, I tried buying a couple releases but thank God I couldn't get through on nikestore or twitter. Today my final credit card payment went through! I have a zero balance on my cards for the first time since 2000! It feels so good that I'm actually scared to use my credit card. I can't tell you the feeling, I have a little more pep in my step, a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. The only debt I have right now is my school loan, but it's no big deal. I feel like a drank unicorn blood and I can do anything. Chicks are smiling at me, I'm cheesin' like a dude that just got his braces off and looked into the mirror and realized for the first time that he has dimples. I don't know if I'm giving off that confidant aura or these hood rats are smelling my credit score rise through my pheromones. I drove out of work with my music on ignorant decibels. I feel better than any new shoe could make me feel. So today I got that Venti iced coffee and just sat there sippin and feelin myself.

Last edited:
man i hate when people refer to this nonsense as the "shoe game" and call themselves "sneakerheads"....

i would never ever spend more than 30 mins waiting outside or inline to buy a damn shoe, 

i like shoes but it doesnt run my life and i dont buy every "hot" shoe..

id be damned if i was being grouped with these kids 
mean.gif

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/03/new-teen-sneakerheads-making-thousands-fast.html

when i was these kids ages i was out playing with my friends trying to finger chicks.

selling shoes and callin it a hustle is a damn joke, this is what these "hustlers" look like.

man i hate when people refer to this nonsense as the "shoe game" and call themselves "sneakerheads"....

i would never ever spend more than 30 mins waiting outside or inline to buy a damn shoe, 

mean.gif

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/03/new-teen-sneakerheads-making-thousands-fast.html

when i was these kids ages i was out playing with my friends trying to finger chicks.

selling shoes and callin it a hustle is a damn joke, this is what these "hustlers" look like.

View media item 302165

Why you hatin, he makin thousands and got a chick on his arm :lol: :smokin

I pretty much stopped buying new releases in early 2012. Every time I got the urge to buy a new release, I just put $300 down on my credit card bills. I had a couple thousand leftover from being young and dumb buying shoes, clothes and whatnot. Trying to buy the latest materialistic possessions when I should have been paying off debt. I did buy shoes here and there but mostly from the outlets or a really good sale. I'm not even gonna lie, I tried buying a couple releases but thank God I couldn't get through on nikestore or twitter. Today my final credit card payment went through! I have a zero balance on my cards for the first time since 2000! It feels so good that I'm actually scared to use my credit card. I can't tell you the feeling, I have a little more pep in my step, a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. The only debt I have right now is my school loan, but it's no big deal. I feel like a drank unicorn blood and I can do anything. Chicks are smiling at me, I'm cheesin' like a dude that just got his braces off and looked into the mirror and realized for the first time that he has dimples. I don't know if I'm giving off that confidant aura or these hood rats are smelling my credit score rise through my pheromones. I drove out of work with my music on ignorant decibels. I feel better than any new shoe could make me feel. So today I got that Venti iced coffee and just sat there sippin and feelin myself.

DO NOT CARE.

You talking about "sneaker heads" yet you call it the "shoe game" LOL pot calling the kettle black

I hate how hard it's become to buy a pair of shoes. Unless I really want them or like them it's online or bust or reseller if they ain't marked up more than 50%. Even then I'd rather spend that $$ on other things. Priorities change with age but ill always cop the stuff I REALLY like.

I enjoy the fly knits now and focus on finding older Jordan's on eBay etc for reasonable prices. New colors comin out that ain't og don't do it for me at all

Last edited:

mean.gif

View media item 302165

from that article in your post:

"“Everybody tells me ‘you would make it on the street,'” says one 15-year-old, who in addition to selling sneakers was offering watches, sunglasses, and electronic cigarettes in blueberry, vanilla, and other flavors ($15 a pop). “It’s better money than selling weed,” he explained as a younger kid forked over cash for one of the smokes."

Negative.

Last edited:
The while sneaker scene is hype now a days. I recently started getting shoes again and that's only cause of the Kobe 8, I can truly feel that I'm getting my money's worth.

I find that its gettin much harder to get shoes and you have to plan how you're goin to get EVERYTHING that releases..even KDs..Lebrons..and Kobes..I generally do not care for Jordan Brand anymore because I am tired of the quality they are puttin out and the ridiculous colorways that have been released within the past few years..Jordans use to b cool..but why should I give this man more money for the same shoes that were released in years past when they had better quality..granted there are a few Jordans I want this year (He got game 13s just to name one off the top of my head..) but the love is lost for Jordans that I have no problem focusin on other shoe models (mainly retro Nike Basketball..running..retro running..KD..Kobe..and Lebron)

Why do people feel they are more entitled to a shoe than someone else? Like buying a sneaker is some exclusive privilege only reserved for a selected few.

"Trying to get their grubby hands on any release and think they're cool or whatever. Last pair I got were the BRed 11s, and the camping was ridiculous. Barely got my pair. So many kids don't even know what they're talking about when it comes to shoes"

Op has a grade A case of elitism

mean.gif

Why you hatin, he makin thousands and got a chick on his arm
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
no hate here, theres just no hustling involved in buying a pair of shoes with your parents money and selling them for a ridiculous amount to another spoiled kid.

i copped my first jordans when i was 20 with my own money, all black 4's for over 2 bills from PYS.

i was really poor growing up, and i always dreamed of owning a pair,

so when i was finally able to afford a pair it was like a milestone for me.

i guess im a different breed, i wasnt given my first car by my parents or any of that stuff some kids think they are entitled to nowadays.

I find that its gettin much harder to get shoes and you have to plan how you're goin to get EVERYTHING that releases..even KDs..Lebrons..and Kobes..I generally do not care for Jordan Brand anymore because I am tired of the quality they are puttin out and the ridiculous colorways that have been released within the past few years..Jordans use to b cool..but why should I give this man more money for the same shoes that were released in years past when they had better quality..granted there are a few Jordans I want this year (He got game 13s just to name one off the top of my head..) but the love is lost for Jordans that I have no problem focusin on other shoe models (mainly retro Nike Basketball..running..retro running..KD..Kobe..and Lebron)

And once sneakers became much harder to get and having to gameplan to get general release stuff that woulda sat years ago I realized this current era of sneakers isn't for me.

Camping out, waiting around for twitter rsvp's, and staying up all night hitting refresh to pay $150 plus for a pair of sneakers just isn't for me.

I've been cutting my collection in half and taking advantage of it being a sellers market and using the funds I've got to travel and enjoy myself and that's much more fun to me then staring at a closet full of sneakers.

I feel the same way man....its been over for me...all the hyperbeasts have just destroyed the sneaker game

you see pics of kardashians and **** wearing J's makes me never want to wear jordans ever again

Back
Top Bottom