Shoe Game is pretty much over for me now..

I was born in '93 and I don't use none of these terms I hate them with a passion myself. I remember my freshman year of high school I got my playoff 8's without the sites crashing on me...I miss days like those. By no means am I spoiled or anything every pair of Jordans I bought I saved my money from working...I never had my mom buy me a pair of Jordans because they were just too expensive. I will say people have killed my love for shoes, killing people over shoes made by a man who couldn't give a DAMB about you, lining up in frigid weather for a pair of kicks is beyond me. If you can't get them online or in the store you don't need them.

Last edited:
^^ the competition is who can impress more high school boys, and break the most male necks possible. Lol naw, I'm good on that.

Don't forget, who can get the most reps, e props, and smoking faces on nt

Last edited:
^^ the competition is who can impress more high school boys, and break the most male necks possible. Lol naw, I'm good on that.

Don't forget, who can get the most reps, e props, and smoking faces on nt

real talk right there. Living in Brooklyn, hell NYC in general that was the mentality. I moved to MD in '06 and the people I'm around don't give two damns about some new release Js. AFter having a kid my priorities have changed. I'll cop something I really like once in a blue, but the truth is the game has changed and with price increase and less quality the long lines it isn't worth it. Like someone else said, if you working real job 5 days a week you only have two days to wear kix, and chances are you not breaking out the lates joints. You go for what is comfortable.

I was lucky last year to get the black/red 4s by walking into the mall the day after the ticket give away and getting at ticket for my size, adn the black/red 11s i won the FNL raffle. If not for that I wouldnt have had bought anything last year. My cousin in BK was on line at Kings Plaza Mall from 2 in the morning to opening to get those 11s. No thanks man, that is absurd.

Last edited:
shoe game is terrible i remember when i could go and see retros still in stock . . . Why can't you wake up late and still get the shoe you want now all these kids think these poor quality jordans are godly and want to buy into the hype.

if sneaker companies made more sneakers (and the styles you wanted became more common / easy to find), then there wouldn't be such a high demand (hype). if demand goes down, coolness goes down. nobody is going to camp out for shoes that are available everywhere / anywhere.

everybody wants an "exclusive" shoe and be in the cool kids club of kids who have the hot shoe (and look down upon the masses of noobs who couldn't get them or don't have the hook-up) . . . this is one of the truths of today's shoe game.

I pretty much stopped buying new releases in early 2012. Every time I got the urge to buy a new release, I just put $300 down on my credit card bills. I had a couple thousand leftover from being young and dumb buying shoes, clothes and whatnot. Trying to buy the latest materialistic possessions when I should have been paying off debt. I did buy shoes here and there but mostly from the outlets or a really good sale. I'm not even gonna lie, I tried buying a couple releases but thank God I couldn't get through on nikestore or twitter. Today my final credit card payment went through! I have a zero balance on my cards for the first time since 2000! It feels so good that I'm actually scared to use my credit card. I can't tell you the feeling, I have a little more pep in my step, a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. The only debt I have right now is my school loan, but it's no big deal. I feel like a drank unicorn blood and I can do anything. Chicks are smiling at me, I'm cheesin' like a dude that just got his braces off and looked into the mirror and realized for the first time that he has dimples. I don't know if I'm giving off that confidant aura or these hood rats are smelling my credit score rise through my pheromones. I drove out of work with my music on ignorant decibels. I feel better than any new shoe could make me feel. So today I got that Venti iced coffee and just sat there sippin and feelin myself.

This is the greatest thing you've ever typed on NT. I like you now.

Today i went to champs, footlocker and see nothing but trash.

[cliche]One man’s trash, that’s another man’s come up . . .[/cliche]

maybe your tastes have matured to a point that you don't fall into the demographic that the mall retailers are catering to?

the goal of a retailer is to make money. so if you see it on the shelf, then it's there because it sells to the target audience that they're trying to sell to (and if it doesn't sell, then it's removed and replaced with something else that will).

Last edited:
And I'm pretty much over jordans. Have basically all the pairs I want and these new age colorways don't do much for me. Im mainly into SBs, New Balance, Kobes, and Adidas originals now.

And I'm pretty much over jordans. Have basically all the pairs I want and these new age colorways don't do much for me. Im mainly into SBs, New Balance, Kobes, and Adidas originals now.

I'm on e look out for some JS Shackles samples as of now :smh:

They should have released.

I'm on e look out for some JS Shackles samples as of now :smh:

They should have released.
I have the Leopard and US flag Jeremy scotts and while some hate on them, I think the designs are sick without being too over the top like some of the ones with heads on the tongues. They look great on feet and the quality is on point too.

I've tried to get back in to sneakers a couple times, but the prices always seem to kill it for me. $200 for a pair of sneakers, for myself, is just not the norm when you have a family to take care of and bills to pay. I'd rather hit up an outlet and pick 2, 3, and maybe even 4 pair of shoes for that price.

this is probably the year where i stop buying, too much hype around every release and getting a pair is ridiculous, i have money in hand but can't even buy a retail pair because of the online crashing, rsvp, raffles, lines, etc. (not to mention the retail price being set in the $200+ now, on top of it all i live in NYC and tax is a *****). I starting thinking about all the other shoes that i wanted and no hypes around those, price is wayy more fair and comfort and quality was a whole lot better. Just cop me a Nike LunarGlide 4 at the outlets for like $35 bucks, i love that shoe. I like j's, nike's and all those other kicks that people just hype up to the max but i also like other things and they just happened to be wayyyy more cheaper. I'll probably still cop me a pair of $160+ kicks every now and then but the shoes that im getting for $30 @ the outlets might just change my habit on blowing anything more than $100+ on kicks. my respond to the original post and the guy who started this thread would be to just cop other things that aren't hyped up, im pretty sure theres other things that interest u (that or just stop buying shoes, keep it under 10 pairs of shoes people lol). 

I'm more into 90s basketball shoes than Jordans so most of the stuff I want is still pretty easy to get as most kids dont know about them.

Just stay patient fellas, the "I never really seen Jordan play" generation is about to graduate college(word to Jadeveon Clowney). A good percentage will "grow out of it" and normality will be returned.

I read the article and it's pretty accurate describing the current landscape. It turns me off. Everything around the shoes have changed (crowds, attitudes etc.) including the shoes themselves (quality issues). From my POV I look at the shoes and it's kind of runs parallel to rap music to me in the sense where it starts out as something small, but very innovative and cool. It gets popular and commecialized then if you were into it early on, you now hate it because of the new audience it brought in due to its popularity. In this case, it's a turn off because these "kid" collectors are buying, selling, trading shoes with no real connection to the shoe other than to look at what kind of money it can bring them. The shoes have a different connotaion to older people. Looking at it ,it's like shoes have lost the "soul and passion" because now their basically seen solely as commodity. "Freshness" now is more cookie cutter than ever as opposed to before being fresh included creating and defining your own style. With this, instead of everyone finding a shoe to fit their style, they rush to buy kicks to look cool for the moment then sell off what's no longer hot in the moment. This is evident when you see shoes that are obviously bad, but sell out (Shadow retro X's anyone?) and to have a reseller's markup of over $200. That shoe is def NOT worth $200 but as for aforementioned reasons, the demand is there. The younger ones say "stop hating, we getting money". I wouldn't hate on that, it's the bigger picture in that statement that's disturbing. Having it as a hobby is cool, and earning money is good at that age too. It's just the glorification and the prioritization of earning so much so young and the "gotta have it" mentality that rubs me the wrong way. In being to materially focused, I think there is part of a childhood that's lost because kids are so focused on "copping". They are so focused they don't even know what's really quality, which can explain Nike's/JB whoring out entire lines of shoes just for the sake of the $. Call me a hater of you want, just wait until your "favorite thing" gets ruined, then it will be your turn to rant.

^ Tr1ll, I sure hope so.

Last edited:
Tr1ll they are going to have kids and they are going to tell them how they were so good at getting shoes and whatnot, that's going to inspire the new generation.

The thing that bothers me the most is the arrogance that the new generation has when it comes to shoes... People post pics on IG like "yeah, bet you dont got these!" and "killing it blah blah" that shhhh is just super lame to me. Not going to stop me from buying the shoes that I want but its just shoes at the end of the day, why you trying to boast about getting a GR pair of Jordans?

My mentality these past few years has been either evolve or take a step back. Luckily I've been able to get some plugs so I don't have to do the lineup thing.. I'd rather pay $20 extra to my homie who works at the store than waiting in line and risk not getting my size... lame as hell, but its just the reality now if you want the shoes. But the biggest change to me these last 2-3 years is that having a nice pair of shoes has gone from people saying "Oh shh, you got those?!" to "Oh, you DON'T have those?"

Everyone wants every shoe, it wasnt always like that. Last part of my rant - as I rarely post especially in threads like this - is that I can cosign the fact that the younger kids rock their shoes once or twice then try to sell em so they can get the next release.. anyone with an instagram account can see that.

The thing that bothers me the most is the arrogance that the new generation has when it comes to shoes... People post pics on IG like "yeah, bet you dont got these!" and "killing it blah blah" that shhhh is just super lame to me. Not going to stop me from buying the shoes that I want but its just shoes at the end of the day, why you trying to boast about getting a GR pair of Jordans?

My mentality these past few years has been either evolve or take a step back. Luckily I've been able to get some plugs so I don't have to do the lineup thing.. I'd rather pay $20 extra to my homie who works at the store than waiting in line and risk not getting my size... lame as hell, but its just the reality now if you want the shoes. But the biggest change to me these last 2-3 years is that having a nice pair of shoes has gone from people saying "Oh shh, you got those?!" to "Oh, you DON'T have those?"

Everyone wants every shoe, it wasnt always like that. Last part of my rant - as I rarely post especially in threads like this - is that I can cosign the fact that the younger kids rock their shoes once or twice then try to sell em so they can get the next release.. anyone with an instagram account can see that.

Exactly. This part right here ^, I had NO clue they do this. That's lame. That stops a person from buying that realyl had the intent of keeping them AND you want them to pay MORE after you wore them? :lol:. Crazy. I never understood how people think kicks have increased value AFTER wear. So backwards to me :smh:

LOL at the kid in that article saying it's better than selling weed and he's selling flavored e-cigarettes at sneaker con.

:pimp: $ > sneaker money

:lol: I found that statement ironic though. Selling kicks this way IS the new weedseller. Oversaturation and too many people doing it.

In 10 years these Jordans probably won't even be wearable. Then what?
You wear  em pleighboi.

Jordan copping halted heavily. Since the Blk/Cements 3s dropped I've only copped like 3 pairs.

I missed the Royals,so sad.

I'll never deep in it again,like I use to.

But I'll always be in it.

With that said though........
eek.gif
Resell game is real.

Copped 2 pairs of Bred 11s,to resell to cop the Royals.

In the first couple of days,people were hitting me up like crazy.

Sole them for 300,I was in shock.

Back
Top Bottom