Shoe you admit doesn't perform that great, but you love anyway?

I'm sitting on the couch bored to death, trying to think to stay patient after Achilles surgery. Of course, kicks instantly popped up
grin.gif
I was thinking about the sweet deal I just copped the Raging Bull Pack on eBay(even though I won't be playing until January. Even though the shoe's performance pales in comparison to some of the more recent kicks put out like theHyperdunks, Lebron's, Kobe's, etc' I still love playing in them. The cushioning is hard, the placement of the top lace eyelets strangle my footwhen I pull the laces tight, the traction is so-so, and stability is nothing to write home about. Heck it's not even my favorite or THE best thought outJordan made. But something about that shoe makes me reach for it time and time again. Maybe because they look fly even after taking a beating. Or thatthey're extra durable. Whatever it is, there's something about it that makes me play well. Or at least think I do hahaha

90f25d0ed665201bedba13c879c40214e9f39af.jpg

What shoe do you find yourself balling in that goes against the regular type of sneakers you prefer to play in?

i live to play in my hyperdunks , i thought the concept of flywire should be awesome, ive twisted my ankle 3 times playin in them and have learned my lesson ,i now stick to the low top air zoom kobe 4 , theyre awesome!

When im outdoors i sometimes play in Hurricanes haha no joke idk y but i like to, and nope no ankle injuries.
grin.gif

Air Max Elite Battle Ground's (Navy Patent) took months to break in, oddly hurts only my right arch and fore foot when I do lots of cutting/driving. one ofthe chrome ankle strap loops broke a week in, I also keep jamming my toes in them. But damn I wanted a pair after I seen Paul Pierce's All-Stars.

I agree with the V's. They're pure trash on court. These are one of the least comfortable Jordans I've hooped in.

Aside from the XIV, XX, and XI, which other Jordans are good performers? I can only personally vouch for the XX, but I've heard good things about the XIVand XI. Any others?

Originally Posted by whiplash

Aside from the XIV, XX, and XI, which other Jordans are good performers? I can only personally vouch for the XX, but I've heard good things about the XIV and XI. Any others?
23s are nice, 22s are nice, i loved both of them

Aside from the XIV, XX, and XI, which other Jordans are good performers? I can only personally vouch for the XX, but I've heard good things about the XIV and XI. Any others?
XIX SEs are probably the best Jordans i ever laced up.

xix se's were nice,xiv,xiii were pretty good,I really like playing in the xii's as well...as for shoes that arent all that great but still will runin...hyperflights

the zoom flight 96 looks great but doesnt really help on the courts. the shoes are heavy to me.

I balled in 4's and those are heavy to me as well.

Air force 25, for some reason whenever i hoop in them, they burn up my pinky toe. But whenever i work in them, its like im barefoot on clouds

Originally Posted by basketball carriere

Air Max Elite Battle Ground's (Navy Patent) took months to break in, oddly hurts only my right arch and fore foot when I do lots of cutting/driving. one of the chrome ankle strap loops broke a week in, I also keep jamming my toes in them. But damn I wanted a pair after I seen Paul Pierce's All-Stars.

Dude, that's the SAME exact reason I got those. Actually, I wish I had that shoe again - damn anybody got a spare 9.5-10 to get rid of LOL

Anyone like playing in the Zoom Flight 95's? I've been trying to break mine in for months wearing them casually before playing in them but they'rejust crazy-stiff. Same for the 96's...

Anyone like playing in the Zoom Flight 95's? I've been trying to break mine in for months wearing them casually before playing in them but they're just crazy-stiff. Same for the 96's...

that's another shoe I wasn't impressed by. the toe box area's stiffness ruined anything good I could feel in the shoe. I had black toe nail afterthat.

Shox BB4.

I love the look of these shoes, love the traction, love the stability, but are some of the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever worn OFF court. Whileplaying, I can ignore them a bit, but as soon as I walk off court?

I can't wait to get them sumbilzitches offa my feet!

Air Jordan VI - and yes, I am old enough to remember the original. Bad cushioning, bad traction, bad fit, but looks great and is iconic for the 1stchampionship.

BB4 - killed my heels from the plate/cup, but Zoom felt great in forefoot.

adidas A3 Forum - loved the look and fit great, but those early A3 Bounce implements were stiff as could be. Just felt dead and were heavy.

And don't kill me, but I hated the Jordan XIV. I just could never get them to fit my feet right, always had heel slip, unless I tied it so tight my feetwent numb. But I loved the white/oxide OG color. So smooth.

For hoops, there are three that stand out for me....all Jordans:

2nulzj6.jpg

AJ XX3: Aesthetically, I love this damn shoe. After balling in the XX1 and XX2 and loving them, I thought for sure this shoe would rock on the court. Boy, doesit suck! The midsole is so stiff...the upper fits a narrow person's fit ONLY and just feels like a brick.

9r279y.jpg

AJ V: I balled in the V retros non stop when they dropped. I never had them growing up so I rocked them for hoops and for indoor volleyball. I believe theseshoes led for me to get plantar fasciatis. I'm not kidding. And didn't K-Mart break his leg in these? But I still love this shoe. Arguably my favoriteJordan model...still!

m7cbrr.jpg

AJ XVII: My God, there could not be a more uncomfortable Jordan. Even to walk in! But I love this damn shoe. One of the few models where I liked EVERY colorwaythat dropped. And the suitcase for the highs? Utter dopeness....

My Melo M5 are ridiculously comfortable. Mushy-type feel Zoom-air, inner bootie. But the traction sucks on certain courts. I even experienced slippage oncertain courts where everyone made squeeks with their shoes. Even a guy with some Air Max 360 running shoes. But I slipped while driving to the basket.

Still love them though but I'll only wear them in practice because I have decent traction on that court.

Back
Top Bottom