Showdown: Bose VS Beats By Dre's. Who Wins?

Originally Posted by RedMan

I never understood why there is so much hate towards Bose.

samer hee Bose has always be expensive.

Beats took the mainstream/fashion market. Only people who have bought into their marketing will Buy BEATS. Auduiophiles don't easily don't buy into marketing. research is done before settling on a pair of headphones. If you want to show off that you have BEATS go ahead buy them. If you enjoy music and can care less what people think of your headphones buy what you can get and enjoy your music.

Just traded my Solos for some Tours.

anybody here using the tours? Just wondering which earbud tips worked out best for you? Im having a little trouble finding one that fits right for me.

Neither. They both ruin music. I'd rather not listen to music then be forced to have to listen to a pair of either of these. 

ok guys im thinking of buying some in ear headphones from beats by dre

do you guys recommand them????

which should i go for ibeats or tour?? im looking for the one with the best bass..i know they wont be like the big headphones but i want some in ear headphones that have real good loud bass

I have owned my Bose Tri-Ports since '04 (got them for $70 brand new) and they failed once the arm broke (nothing that Gorilla Glue couldn't fix).  They're the most 'premium' head phones I've owned because I like the clarity.  Even on airplanes they drown out most of the ambient noise for my comfort level.
I'm not an ear-bud type of person but to those who have owned or recommended the following brands (Audio Technica, Sennheiser, Sony, Shure, etc), for $100-150 what are the options I should be looking at?  Personally, I feel I can listen to my music better with over-the-ear (personal comfort IMO) but if in-ear or on-ear headphones provide the same, if not, better sound quality, what would be my top choices within my price range?

Thanks for any/all help.

I completely understand what people are saying about the differences in audio quality with regard to various headphones and brands.  I'm nowhere near an expert in this area, but how much difference is there in audio quality when listening to Mp3 files?  From what I understand, Mp3's are largely stripped of much of the sonic nuance that high-quality headphones would "enhance."

So ultimately my question is, for listening to Mp3 files, is there a significant difference in the listening experiences of these different types of headphones?  I understand if Beats enhances the bass this will create a significant difference but what about the others?  For those saying Bose sucks compared to these other brands, how much difference does this make when listening to Mp3's?

Back
Top Bottom