Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Way to go Mullin
pimp.gif
. You are the man! Best GM in all of basketball
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I agree with Franchise3, i think Houston would be best staying put until Mac's contract comes off the books. Yao Ming will be a GREAT draw for ANY youngplayer to want to come play with come 2010. Also, any combo of the two detroit players will NOT get them to the finals out west so i don't think theyshould do the deal.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Najera 4 years/ 12 million
Turiaf 4 years/ 17 million

Mullin
pimp.gif

I understand that Mullin overpaid, but he had to overpay or else the Lakers might match (although they still might).

I know they had to overpay to actually get a player that's a restricted FA, but Turiaf?! I'm not a fan of this guy. I've never been. I'vealways found him annoying. If the Warriors do indeed get Turiaf and he's a Warrior, I'll try my best to like him, depending if he can make a positiveimpact on the game... I'll try my best to keep an open mind
laugh.gif

Yeah, but Mullin really wanted Turiaf and HAD to make sure the Lakers wouldn't match... The Warriors do need that "energy" guy and a backupcenter... so I guess Ronny was the player to target, though still questionable price tag... I wish he came cheaper, but yeah, it would be more of a no-brainerfor the Lakers to match.

Eduardo Najera and Jarvis Hayes are coming as the Nets' makeover continues. The Nets have reached an agreement in principle with both forwards - the 6-8 Hayes with a two-year deal (the first year guaranteed) for $3.9 million and Najera for four years and about $12 million. The sticking point with the 6-8 Najera - who turned 32 today -- was a fourth year but both sides ironed it out before team brass left here following the Nets' conclusion of a 4-1 summer league week. Najera went to dinner with the Nets execs here Thursday night. NY Post

Najera will receive a four-year contract that will average roughly $3.0 million, but is structured with a smaller salary on the back end so that the team will still have some flexibility in 2010, when they want to play the free agent market. Newark Star-Ledger

Hayes will receive the lower-level exception, which prices out to salaries of $1.91 million next season and $2.06 million for 2009-10. Newark Star-Ledger

While the addition of two forwards would take Boki Nachbar out of the picture, the team is still trying to put together a sign-and-trade deal for restricted free agent Nenad Krstic - perhaps to Denver, as part of a Marcus Camby deal - and find a backup point guard.
Newark Star-Ledger

The Lakers have shown an interest in Spanish free agent Jorge Garbajosa, according to a report out of Spain. Garbajosa, a 6-foot-9, 245-pound forward, played only seven games last season with the Toronto Raptors because of a serious left ankle injury. LA Daily News

According to the Spanish website Marca.com, the Lakers have made an offer to the former Toronto Raptors forward. The interest in Garbajosa, no doubt, is in response to Lakers forward Ronny Turiaf signing a four-year, $17 million offer sheet with the Golden State Warriors. The Lakers received the papers Thursday and have a week to decide whether or not to match the offer, which would allow them to retain Turiaf, since he is a restricted free agent. Orange County Register

Lakers center-forward Pau Gasol knows Garbo well. The two were linchpins on Spain's national team that won the silver medal at the 2007 European championships.

The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have re-signed guard/forward Antoine Wright. Per team policy, terms of the deal were undisclosed. Check our rumors page tomorrow for details. Wright, a three-year veteran, played his first two seasons in New Jersey before he was acquired by the Mavericks on Feb. 19, 2008 in the same deal that brought Jason Kidd to Dallas. In 56 games last season, Wright averaged a career-high 6.3 points, 2.6 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 22.0 minutes per game. InsideHoops.com

The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have signed forward-center Nathan Jawai to a two-year contract. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed.
The club acquired the draft rights to Jawai from the Indiana Pacers. He was the 41st overall selection in the 2008 NBA Draft. Jawai (pronounced JA-why) was the unanimous 2008 Rookie of the Year in Australia's National Basketball League. He averaged 17.7 points and 9.6 rebounds in 30 games for the Cairns Taipans. He ranked third in the NBL in rebounding, fifth in field goal percentage (.575) and ninth in blocked shots (1.0). He also captured MVP honors of the 2008 NBL All-Star Game after registering 24 points and 12 rebounds. InsideHoops.com

Under the current CBA, Deron Williams would be eligible to earn up to 30 percent of the salary cap as a max contract player after seven years in the league. But what happens if that percentage shrinks with the next CBA? Salt Lake Tribune

Nenad Krstic's agent, Marc Cornstein - who also represents Nachbar - said there has been "a lot of talk" involving Krstic. Cornstein also doesn't think Krstic will be heading back overseas, despite interest from Maccabi Tel Aviv. Bergen Record

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Milwaukee Bucks centre Andrew Bogut will sign a US$72.5-million, five-year extension later this week
eek.gif

That's a typo right?

eyes.gif
No it's not.

So Bogut is getting an average of 15.5 million over the next 5 years? He's not even a top 10 (maybe even 15) big man in the league.
smh.gif
What the hell do these GM's smoke on?

A 22 year old center who averages 15 points, 10 boards, 2 blocks and a steal per game? Yea that's about the going rate. He may not be in your top 15 big men in the league but his stats say he's the 2nd best center in the league or 4th best if you think Dwight Howard and Tim Duncan are centers.

Dwight Howard is a center.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I think Billups+whoever for McGrady is a mutually beneficial trade for both teams because Detroit and Houston's progress has been stagnant over the last few years. It's kind of ironic how major draft day decisions have been costly to both teams. Choosing Darko over Melo has hurt the Pistons in the long run. Trading Gay for Battier cost the Rockets a 3rd scorer that they still desperately need.
I agree.

I'd love to see T-Mac head back east.

And watch as soon as he leaves, Houston will make it to the Finals.
tired.gif

Mullin
pimp.gif

Uhhh, Najera is going to the Nets...
nerd.gif

Also, THANK YOU FOR RE-SIGNING ANTOINE WRIGHT CUBAN!! <3

Keith McLeod and James Singleton also signed with the Mavericks today, looks like we'll end up with either Reyshawn Terry, Richie Frahm, or Pape Sowe tofill out our roster.

Mullin
pimp.gif

Uhhh, Najera is going to the Nets
he was comparing the contracts.... although turiaf IS worth more than najera....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Mullin
pimp.gif

Uhhh, Najera is going to the Nets
he was comparing the contracts.... although turiaf IS worth more than najera....

I wouldn't exactly say he's better than Najera, I'd say they're just about the same. They both are physical tough-nosed guys, the onlydifference is that Najera has developed a perimeter shot.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Why is the title Camby to Denver pg 119 right now? I dont understand what thats supposed to say.

What the deal?

While the addition of two forwards would take Boki Nachbar out of the picture, the team is still trying to put together a sign-and-trade deal for restrictedfree agent Nenad Krstic - perhaps to Denver, as part of a Marcus Camby deal - and find a backup point guard.
Newark Star-Ledger

rumored deal, that's all.

Why is the title Camby to Denver pg 119 right now? I dont understand what thats supposed to say.

I made a mistake. Its camby to jersey. A rumored deal. My bad.

The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have re-signed guard/forward Antoine Wright. Per team policy, terms of the deal were undisclosed. Check our rumors page tomorrow for details. Wright, a three-year veteran, played his first two seasons in New Jersey before he was acquired by the Mavericks on Feb. 19, 2008 in the same deal that brought Jason Kidd to Dallas. In 56 games last season, Wright averaged a career-high 6.3 points, 2.6 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 22.0 minutes per game. InsideHoops.com

I'm liking that signing

The Camby deal would probably include MWill & a sign & trade for Nenad.

With all the young bigs we have downlow, I don't really think Marcus Camby would be a good move, especially since we're building for the future.

Originally Posted by tupac003

I made a mistake. Its camby to jersey. A rumored deal. My bad.

Oh what?! New Jersey's overhaulin' this summer.

Back
Top Bottom