Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

If Camby heads to the Nets, the Atlantic Division will no longer be the laughing stock of the NBA. Each team has some legit size now...

Celtics-KG+Perkins
Raptors-Bosh+JO
76ers-Dalembert+Brand
Nets-Lopez+Camby+Yi
Knicks-The Grimace and the Michelin Man
smh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Think Finals, LA + Philly.

Former 76'ers and Nets Center, Todd MacCulloch

Hrm, remember the name but not the face, dude looks like what Homer would look like if he weren't a cartoon.

Kittles.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Good lord... I guess I forget just how bummy that team Jason Kidd took to back-to-back Finals appearances really was...

They went to the Finals and didn't have one person score 15 points a game on the year the first time around.
laugh.gif

Nowitness, how you like how our roster is shaping up? A lot of these signings seem rather useless.

Keith McLeod, James Singleton, Antoine Wright (THANK GOD!), Gerald Green, Gana Diop, EJ, we only have one more roster spot..

(PLEASE LET IT BE Pape Sowe, Foster, or R. Terry!!) If not, let's get a trade so that we can sign some of our young guys!

I'm underwhelmed... If they can't pull off a trade at some point this offseason to shake things up some more before training camp, I'll be leaningtowards believing this team will be in the Lottery 10 months from now...

I'm glad Wright is back, and I think Gerald Green was a chance well worth taking, but nothing else they've done does much for me. JJ Barea back as ourprimary backup point guard?
sick.gif
The hell for?... And for what it's worth, I think Shan Foster will get the last roster spot unless he just implodes duringSummer leagues...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I'm underwhelmed... If they can't pull off a trade at some point this offseason to shake things up some more before training camp, I'll be leaning towards believing this team will be in the Lottery 10 months from now...

I'm glad Wright is back, and I think Gerald Green was a chance well worth taking, but nothing else they've done does much for me. JJ Barea back as our primary backup point guard?
sick.gif
The hell for?... And for what it's worth, I think Shan Foster will get the last roster spot unless he just implodes during Summer leagues...

I definitely think that we got a bit of a steal with Shan, but I'd like to see Pape/Reyshawn get a chance. I really like what Reyshawn brings to thetable, he seems committed on the defensive end. I'm just glad Cuban and co. are getting ATHLETES to come off the bench and surround Kidd instead ofwashrags like Malik Allen, Jamaal Magloire, Juwan Howard, etc.

The Mavericks roster right now is
sick.gif
(and not a good
sick.gif
either)

Kidd/Barea/McLeod
Terry/Stackhouse/Green/Jones
Howard/Singleton/Wright
Dirk/Bass
Dampier/Diop

We only have one more roster spot as of right now, and it's going to either Foster, Pape Sowe, or Reyshawn Terry. I'd exchange Terry, Foster, andSeibutis for Jones, Stackhouse, and McLeod in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I'm not a GM.
laugh.gif

Our starting five is solid, but man our bench is looking
tired.gif
, Wright and Bass should be our #1 and #2 options off the bench, the rest of the guys should keeptheir seats warm.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Keith McLeod > Jose Barea.

He's been a fairly serviceable backup point guard.

I just don't understand your bitterness for JJ Barea,
laugh.gif

He's a fan-favorite in Dallas, maybe that's why you don't like him. Trust me, I know he's not a good PG, but hell, Jason Kidd needs to beplaying 30 minutes a game MINIMUM. Jason Terry will run the point for about 8-12 minutes during the game, so PT for McLeod and Barea will be minimalregardless, chill out on the Barea hate.
laugh.gif

Do you know why he's a fan favorite in Dallas? Sheer novelty.

Of course, he's not a fan-favorite because he's good. He's the Pat Burke of the Dallas Mavericks, there's always a dude on almost everyteam that the fans love to see get some PT, some shine.

Of course, he's not a fan-favorite because he's good. He's the Pat Burke of the Dallas Mavericks, there's always a dude on almost every team that the fans love to see get some PT, some shine.
No, no, this is different.

Son is 4'10"; it's like rooting for your little brother.

Of course, he's not a fan-favorite because he's good. He's the Pat Burke of the Dallas Mavericks, there's always a dude on almost every team that the fans love to see get some PT, some shine.
No, no, this is different.

Son is 4'10"; it's like rooting for your little brother.

laugh.gif
, what does height have to do with anything? So because he's short, Earl Boykins can't be taken seriously?

I think you're just bitter because he's in the NBA,
laugh.gif

EDIT: And, getting paid.
laugh.gif

You should be the bitter one.

And height has little to do with it. It's more so the fact that, well, he's painstakingly bad at basketball.Earl Boykins is a good player.

You should be the bitter one.

And height has little to do with it. It's more so the fact that, well, he's painstakingly bad at basketball. Earl Boykins is a good player.

Then why'd you bring it up?
laugh.gif

If he was so bad, he would not be in the NBA. There aren't players in the NBA that don't belong there. If you think otherwise, then you have amisinterpretation on the league. He's not a star, he's not really a role player, he's a bench warmer, but regardless, he's in the NBA. I neversaid I had hopes for JJ Barea, and no one has. I know he will probably never amount to much, but that's okay, that's how some players end up in theleague. He won't probably ever be much of a player. That's the only reason why I'm confused why you have such a grudge against the man. Regardless,he's a decent shooter, and a good shooter from deep. He has shown a good working mentality, and that's what the Mavericks like about him, he workshard. He's not signed to a great big deal, I'm fairly sure he's on a minimum contract. He's pursuing the dream, and if you can't acceptthat a man is living his dream, then that's just too bad.
laugh.gif

I seriously don't understand the grudge though. Were you a former NBA hopeful that we don't know about and had a horrific injury that ended yourcareer and you think you're better than him?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

The Mavericks roster right now is
sick.gif
(and not a good
sick.gif
either)

Kidd/Barea/McLeod
Terry/Stackhouse/Green/Jones
Howard/Singleton/Wright
Dirk/Bass
Dampier/Diop

We only have one more roster spot as of right now, and it's going to either Foster, Pape Sowe, or Reyshawn Terry. I'd exchange Terry, Foster, and Seibutis for Jones, Stackhouse, and McLeod in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I'm not a GM.
laugh.gif

Our starting five is solid, but man our bench is looking
tired.gif
, Wright and Bass should be our #1 and #2 options off the bench, the rest of the guys should keep their seats warm.

I agree with you Mavericks fans. The Mavs have been eliminated in the 1st round the past 2 seasons, yet they didn't make any drastic changes to thestarting line-up. As it stands right now, the team is set up to barely make the playoffs or lose in the 1st round again.

Back
Top Bottom