"Smug Style American Liberalism" self critique Via VOX

Yeah, some liberal acting up not having patience is not gonna bush my social, economic or policy views towards the center.

And this supposed bad behavior for liberals just also seems like a way for people to run this "both sides are the same schtick". Which is just not true

Even if you look at the stuff liberals get pissed off at, and the stuff conservatives get pissed at, then look at the policies they can as a result, I can't get down with the notion that both sides are just the same.

Do some liberals need attitude adjustment, yes

Does the Democratic party need to become a centralist party again, hell no

Yeah, some liberal acting up not having patience is not gonna bush my social, economic or policy views towards the center.

And this supposed bad behavior for liberals just also seems like a way for people to run this "both sides are the same schtick". Which is just not true

Even if you look at the stuff liberals get pissed off at, and the stuff conservatives get pissed at, then look at the policies they can as a result, I can't get down with the notion that both sides are just the same.

Do some liberals need attitude adjustment, yes

Does the Democratic party need to become a centralist party again, hell no
Nah. Radical centrism isn't centrism.

There's debate that the two ideas aren't different but let my explain why they are.

Radical centrism sticks to the facts and goes with the empirically proven option, popular or not. Centrism advocates compromise between two ideals even if the end result will be worse than if either ideal were implemented in its purest form.

A corny but effective way of describing radical centrism is: "idealism with intent" or "progressivism with pragmatism".

I still hold my left wing views. Those ideals have not changed. However, doing things because they seem good at the time are not something I'm with. This is influenced by my experiences in the US but more so in West Indies (Jamaica and Guyana specifically).

Edit: I also would like to note that centrism seeks to prefer to do things because it doesn't want to upset anyone and is more short term in thinking. Centrism prefers incrementalism aka the creeping normality tactics. They don't really stand for a position so much as they stand for not rocking the boat. RC (i dont feel like typing it out anymore) is very direct and is more along the lines of if this works, we have the numbers, and the proof, let's put into place. Let people ***** and moan until they realize oh yea i actually like this. RC has balls to say alright this works, this didn't work, and in general seeks a long term sustainable position for whoever they are governing. So if that means investing in various green/clean solutions, then do so.

Last edited:
Rusty talks of centrism like its a bad word

:lol:

Remember, liberalism failed and Ronald Reagan was da pendulum swinging backwards on full force.

I rather da even steven Bill Clinton Democrat restrained by a Republican congress than an ideologue Obama being spiteful against a Congress sworn to oppose him.

Let's say Hillary wins da white house and da GOP maintain control of da senate & house of Representatives...i guarantee you i'll be alot more happy than any of da hardcore liberals or Conservatives will.

Last edited:
Rusty talks of centrism like its a bad word :lol:

It isn't, I would love for a centrist movement to occur within the GOP and take back the party from Evangelical conservatives and the Tea Party

And like I have said in the Political thread, I believe that there should be a place for centrist in the Democratic party, I would much prefer centralist (either GOP or Dem) running the South as opposed hardcore conservatives and Tea Partiers

Last edited:
Yeah well what about da hardcore lefties in da urban and bicoastal elite zones..those places are DUE for centrists democracy.

Yeah well what about da hardcore lefties in da urban and bicoastal elite zones..those places are DUE for centrists democracy.

Like where?

-Lemme guess, are you just gonna repeat the "look at places like Detroit, Baltimore, etc." steez. Blaming liberal majors for all those cities problems :lol:

Last edited:

Like where?

-Lemme guess, are you just gonna repeat the "look at places like Detroit, Baltimore, etc." steez. Blaming liberal majors for all those cities problems :lol:

Who u gonna blame Detroit on then? There hasn't been a whiff of Republican nada there for 50+ yrs...

Rusty NEVER believes da buck ever stops at liberals, thats why i can never take it serious...its always someone else's fault.

Bill Clinton owned up to da faults of too much left.

You dont see that in this era.

EVERYONE can find fault in da Neocons..thats easy.

When you gonna find fault in da ardent Leftists?

Like where?

Who u gonna blame Detroit on then? There hasn't been a whiff of Republican nada there for 50+ yrs...

Rusty NEVER believes da buck ever stops at liberals, thats why i can never take it serious...its always someone else's fault.

Bill Clinton owned up to da faults of too much left.

You dont see that in this era.

EVERYONE can find fault in da Neocons..thats easy.

When you gonna find fault in da ardent Leftists?

-Go search "Detroit" in the Politics thread. Some far right racist conservative "CL-1B" was using that same talking point and got school on the matter. And it was addressed

Essential1 had some good post, and Rex broke down the talking point very elegantly like he usually does:

This whole conservative meme of "look at Detroit, it's run by liberals" is pure BS. New York and San Francisco are more liberal and they sit in States that are much more liberal.

the fact is that we, as a country, decided that finance and technology should prosper and that heavy manufacturing should die a slow death. We have an industrial policy that we dare not call an industrial policy. Then to make things even more unequal we turned law enforcement and incarceration into a business as well as a jobs program for the newly unemployed working class white man. Naturally, we must never call this jobs program a jobs program because as we were told, government is not the solution, it is the problem.

Basically we destroyed the sort of jobs that were allowing poor blacks to become middle class and then after destroying those communities with unemployment, we militarize the policy, we besiege the now impoverished black communities and we kidnap millions of black bodies and ship them off to gulags which act as jobs program for poor white communities.

Not only are poor, southern and rural whites dependent upon the state in order to stave off poverty, they have to chew through millions of black human beings in the process. If only the young, poor white buck used food stamps to buy some whiskey and T-bone steaks. instead, he has to put on a police or a prison guard uniform and engage in cannibalism on an industrial scale.

-And it is funny you go on this rant, simply because I predict what you the talking point for your comeback out be. I just picked the go to far right talking point, and surprise surprise, that what your answer was going to be.

-And Bill Clinton record looks worst and worst every year because of his compromises in the "middle". And many liberals give Bill a pass for that.

-You're demanding me indicted liberals for all the bad they have supposedly done, because somehow you as the self proclaimed "centrist" deems is fair.

Dude give me a break, you have no interest in fairness, moderation, or bipartisanship. You're all the way right wing and have a problem with liberals, and me

You cannot take me serious all you want, that's your right, but I'm not going to entertain your schtick.

Last edited:
Smug_1.jpg

Smug_2.jpg

smug_3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom