Sneaker Store Associates are the worst VOL " You talking bout dem red white jordans?"

Originally Posted by 1Chainz

Originally Posted by breezylocks

It's damn near impossible to find out if a store is getting some Lebrons here.

It should be mandatory that you know sneaker release dates and nicknames when you apply for a store.

real life...
laugh.gif
@ people like you...

its a job not a hobby to most people... managers dont even really like to hire "shoeheads," they want sales people... not a sneaker nerd that is on forums all day and cant talk to customers.. (trust me ive seen this happen)...

customers and workers alike... some are idiots and some are cool... /thread

Real life . . .

I don't know official colorway codes by memory...much easier for me to ask if they're getting the Easters, or Mangos, or Dunkmans, than to look up the official color description and say "Black/Anthracite/Electric Green" or something

A quick scroll through of NiceKicks once a week should keep you good

CHURCH fambs... they're not productive because they can be EASILY distracted by just talking about some release dates, which leads to lack of productivity. sneakdweebs tend to have certain attactment to shoes that could inhibit sales of other kicks. they also pose a threat for shortage.. times get tough enough and they WILL steal.
dont get me wrong. the lil dumb chick w/ the bubble butt will steal for her dude. but i've seen WAY more sneakdweebs steal than employees that dont care about shoes in general.

the shoes are going to sell themselves, famb... its about the extras (shoe cleaners, insoles) in MANY of these stores. do you think a sales associate cares about whether or not you get miffed at his lack of knowledge?

just like you asked, a bunch of other folks asked the same stuff. they're going to sell REGARDLESS... 

also, a quick browse of a website is NOT part of the job. i used to be a store manager, and i WOULD not hire a guy based off shoe knowledge. customers calling will know when we know for sure (i.e. in our inventory). if you call and say "yall gettin' them lowtop 11s?" i cant answer that cuz its a real tossup. i'm not going to lie. but the guys get super pissed when you say "i dont know bro" or check back with us a week before"...

they'll call the next day and ask someone else... 
eyes.gif

the thing with the sneakdweebs is their sense of entitlement is crazy, especially if they doubt your shoe knowledge. 

i know ALOT about cell phones... but i dont go in to pay my bill and try to drop knowledge about rooting, building custom ROMS, or flashing android on my Touchpad. i dont bother sales associates asking them EVERYDAY about a new phone coming out. because i know the AVERAGE PERSON could give the least amount of dambs about it.

i cant go to class without the same people asking me if we're getting some new shoes (although they RARELY come thru and cop)... it wears on you after awhile. the fact is most sneakdweebs dont realize that its not ordinary to have a love affair with collecting kicks. 7/10 folks dont know release dates, nicknames, or colorways.... 

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

It should be mandatory that you know sneaker release dates and nicknames when you apply for a store.

real life...
laugh.gif
@ people like you...

its a job not a hobby to most people... managers dont even really like to hire "shoeheads," they want sales people... not a sneaker nerd that is on forums all day and cant talk to customers.. (trust me ive seen this happen)...

QFT

I manage an electronics store, and IDGAF if you know what a breadboard or resistor is as long as you know how to sell.

Personality > knowledge

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

real life...
laugh.gif
@ people like you...

QFT

I manage an electronics store, and IDGAF if you know what a breadboard or resistor is as long as you know how to sell.

Personality > knowledge
are you the dude who caught the guy about to steal your car,while you were wearing the olympic barkeley 180s

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

real life...
laugh.gif
@ people like you...

QFT

Personality > knowledge
are you the dude who caught the guy about to steal your car,while you were wearing the olympic barkeley 180s
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
wat?

No, but I'd like to hear that story

roll.gif
wat?

No, but I'd like to hear that story
roll.gif
I'll try to find the thread. It was 
roll.gif

real life...
laugh.gif
@ people like you...

QFT

Personality > knowledge
nah i think that was Brolic Solider or something, dude was definitely black tho 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroSan

QFT

Personality > knowledge
laugh.gif
think his sn was str8 hood, or something to that effect 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You were right.
http://niketalk.com/topic/305033/So-I-caught-someone-breaking-into-my-car-today#.T39YtatSTd4

3rejs.jpg

So I just had an experience and thought about this thread:
*Easter Pack came out today, wonder if Finishline has the Durants still I'm intrigued*
*calls Finishline*
Girl: hello this is Finishline how may I help you?
Me: yea, did you guys get the new Kevin Durant Easter shoes today?
Girl: they're Lebrons...
Me: no I'm talkin about the Kevin Durants
Girl: no they're Lebrons...
Me: $$$%+ no, I said Durants not Lebron
Me*thinks about this thread*
Me: my bad, nevermind.

*hang up*

Normally I'm cool when I'm on the phone & understand people don't know all about shoes but she hit some nerve lol, I just thought it was funny how I had this experience after reading this thread though a couple days ago

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

This isn't a TV or a computer where it's left on for several hours everyday for weeks. A shoe on display is no different than a shoe that's been in the back. A display shoe won't collect dust as long as we take good care of it. A shoe in the back is also just as liable to collect dust as a shoe on display.

DO YOU SEE THE CONDITION OF DISPLAY SHOES? $$%!* BE STRAIGHT BROWN FROM PEOPLE TOUCHING THEM ALL THE TIME. I WOULDN'T BUY THEM EVEN WITH DISCOUNT, DISGUSTING.

SHOE STORE EMPLOYEES ARE THE WORST, ACTING LIKE THEY FOUND GOLD WHEN A HOT SHOE OR RETRO IS COMING OUT AND THEN LYING ABOUT STOCK TO CUSTOMERS OR HOLDING FOR FRIENDS. ANY OTHER DAY THEY ARE YOUR BEST PAL TRYING TO SELL YOU GARBAGE !@% SHOES OR ACCESSORIES. GET OUT OF MY FACE, YOU WEREN'T SPITTING THAT NOISE WHEN THE GALAXY PACK WAS DROPPING. I DON'T EVEN VISIT MOST OF THESE STORES ANYMORE. I JUST BUY ONLINE.

^^^ That also irks me.

Everytime I go into my local Jimmy Jazz to check for some Lebrons, or Retros, or even GR Nike Sportswear drops like Diamond Turfs, they don't have anything over a 11...

But when I needed some ugly %@+ nike boots for the winter, you had my size 13 then right?

I go to the Footlocker for the stealth X's and ask the dude for a 11.5.  He says he's got 11 or 12, so I say, can I try them on?  He says no.  My homie I was with goes, lets go next door, they will let you try them there.  So we walk out and dude comes running out talkin about, come back, I will let u try them...  Since when can you not try shoes in a shoe store?  So funny...

I troll'd the @nikestore twitter account a week ago and asked the account when the white and baby blue space jams will be coming out.

So many "knowledgeable" "sneaker heads" we're in my mentions trying to be funny,calling me dumb ,ect ,ect.

I asked myself, what does one do with sneaker knowledge ? (release dates, names for shoes, w/e)

Like people have stated managers are looking for sales people, not sneaker enthusiast. Having all this sneaker knowledge occasionally helps when conversing with a customer but most of the time it doesn't matter.

It's hard to keep up with all of these shoes that Nike is releasing every weekend not to mention the other brands a store has.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You were right.
http://niketalk.com/topic/305033/So-I-caught-someone-breaking-into-my-car-today#.T39YtatSTd4

3rejs.jpg

roll.gif
I remember that post. Lots of Lulz in there especially with someone thinking he lived in Nigeria...

Back
Top Bottom