So I Finally Finished My Screenplay *TEASER EXCERPT PAGE 4*

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

congrats bro. i remember you mentioned it back in some random movie post, glad to see that you finished it. i'd def be interested in reading it as well. looks like you're gonna be my competition in this field
laugh.gif
Thanks brother
laugh.gif
Hopefully we all make it. I'll send itto you and everyone else when it's finished and registered, so it'll probably be a month from now.

Originally Posted by John Ohh

Congrats!
Hows it feel man?
Thanks, it's a hell of a feeling getting something you love done.

congrats. is this autobiographical?
Yes, yes it is. I'm a poetic serial killer.
Congrats, JRS. I always thought about doing this, but I'm terrible at dialogues. I would love to work in Hollywood, but it seems like it's all about who you know and lucky breaks sometimes. Hope it gets picked up. It sounds pretty interesting/.
Thanks. It's tough, but once you start and keep working at it you'll get better. Don't be afraid to give it a try.

With my BA in English Lit from a great school and having multiple ideas for movies/books, all I can say is congratulations on getting it done. I opted for gradschool in International Management which I'm currently finishing in London (writing my dissertation as we speak), but a long-term side-goal of mine is tostart a magazine, write a book or movie. I love business, which is why I chose my Master's in Management, but I've got a great talent in writing andwith words and was just a little skeptical I wouldn't be able to make decent money to support myself. Still I'd like to do it on the side, especiallythe magazine, because it'd combine my writing skills with my management education. If anyone is seriously interested let me know, a best friend of mine andI already know the basis and have had ideas flowing, we're just yet to come up with a business plan.

Regardless, congratulations and best of luck to you. PM me if you're interested in having someone look it over for you, would like a second opinion, or areinterested in sharing creative ideas.

Since I've got about 20 or so pages left in the rewrite and will probably be done with it by Thursday the latest, I'm going to post two poems which themovie revolves around. I actually just finished writing the first one now. Hope you enjoy.

The Ballad of Destitute Desire

Dear Rose,

It's time for me to reveal the pain, joy, and sorrow this relationship has caused. We have been together for five years. Most couples that endure arelationship for that duration have tumultuous experiences. Us on the other hand, we made it a fairytale. You were my Rapunzel. You let down your elegant brownlocks, and I climbed them into your soul. I was your Beast. The delectable tear that struck my sodden lips at our first party made me the romantic that I amtoday. We didn't have to live the life of Bonnie and Clyde to prevent us from becoming stale. We unlocked Pandora's Box, which stored the secret of ourlove. But how could it be possible for a relationship that was born in fantasia, to cause pain and sorrow amongst joy? Allow me to list the reasons below:

The organs, which fuel my body, were ignited by the blissful inferno known as your conception.

The pain was caused after high school orientation.
My eyes were blinded, my ears were deafened, my mouth was muted, I couldn't bring myself to enjoy life without you.

The joy was caused after the coming attractions of our first movie, Se7en.
With your head snuggled up against my chest I could feel the oxygen entering your nostrils and being converted to carbon dioxide as your lungs prepared forexhalation.

The sorrow was caused after the first time we made love.
Our hearts shared and omitted beats, a sense of unison that cannot be duplicated when I am alone.

Because of you I have experience ecstasy, nirvana, dharma, and divinity.

Never change.

Sincerely,

My destitute desire

The Ballad of Bitter Brown Eyes

Dear Rose,

Perhaps it is time for me to reveal the pain you have caused. The torment you have put me through the past eight months, makes Chinese water torture float inthe unconscious.
Of course you fail to appreciate the pedestal I placed you upon; instead you struck me with a thorn in my spine. As I look back in hindsight, it waspreposterous for me to hold you with such prestige. To counter your obtuse criticism, I have filed a list of grievances against you, in order to be freed fromyour totalitarianism. Which are listed below:

The organs, which fuel my body, were torched by the wretched inferno known as your conception.

My brain was ensnared by your hypnotic balderdash.
My heart was mauled by your stampede of manipulation.
My lungs were engulfed by the smog of your mischief.

My stomach serpentines like the slithering, supercilious, strumpet you resemble.
My liver decomposes because of the inevitability of your romantic binges.
My prostate becomes engulfed in the tyranny of your prudence.

Luckily, for the sake of human prosperity, your gluttony for attention never reached my sordid soul.

Farewell to your fascism, which funnels for furlongs across your florescent face.

Sincerely,

My bitter brown eyes

Back
Top Bottom