SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Then explain Oh Great One.

Dude provided an analogy asking for explanation.

You didn't explain the difference.

I change my oil. $15

Oil shop $30 (includes parts, labor, garage)

Cook my own burger >$10

Restaurant burger $20+ (Includes food, prep, and service)

Why do I tip the server and not the mechanic?

The service is reflected in the price difference.

Thats like saying the strip club charged me a cover charge and a drink minimum,
so the stripper's tip is built into the price and the owner of the strip club should pay them.

people could always just order your food to go if you dont want to pay a tip? It is not customary to tip for to go orders.
But no, dudes want ALL of the service and still dont want to pay

Then explain Oh Great One.

Dude provided an analogy asking for explanation.

You didn't explain the difference.

I change my oil. $15

Oil shop $30 (includes parts, labor, garage)

Cook my own burger >$10

Restaurant burger $20+ (Includes food, prep, and service)

Why do I tip the server and not the mechanic?

The service is reflected in the price difference.

okay, im pretty sure a mechanic makes more than a waiter/waitress depending on which restaurant

So then I'm guessing you don't tip Valet, Bussers, Barbers, Bartenders too?

Oh, I tip.

I tip well.

My problem is the attitude towards people who a disgusted by non tippers.

Tips should not be expected and damn sure shouldn't be relied on for a person to earn a living.

That's the employers job to pay their employees.

Thats like saying the strip club charged me a cover charge and a drink minimum,
so the stripper's tip is built into the price and the owner of the strip club should pay them.

:stoneface:

okay, im pretty sure a mechanic makes more than a waiter/waitress depending on which restaurant

Again, why is that bourdon placed on the customer?

There's a reason I'm a cook and not a bartender or waiter... there are just so many people who deserve to get slapped and told to act right... and I love smacking people...

And if y'all don't like tipping... get the **** out the country.. I mean that too... waiters make chump change per hour because the country we live in figures if you got enough money to go out abd eat, you can tip too...

Now horrible and rude service is one thing... but y'all need to act right...

I tip everybody except on carry out, but this post has me rethinking tipping anyone except delivery dudes and my barber now :smh:

I tip 9 times outta 10.

Went to Ihop, pancakes and hashbrowns cold as hell but my eggs hot. Lol.waitress visits the table once the whole time. No tip.

Drove an hour to Williamsburg with my girl a few weeks back to try the #1 ranked Italian restaurant in VA.. The food was mediocre at best, the service was EXCELLENT. I m tipped the young man 30%. He earned it.

Tipping is an independent experience.. I start at 15% and go down or up depending on the experience. I've been places and didn't tip,and didn't feel guilty..

Conversely I've tipped well for good service..

One tip won't ruin them. Friend use to make Like 1800 a month :lol: at Applebee's

Like damn bruh

That may seem nice but the work you're doing and the hours :x

I'll never work in the restaurant industry again unless I'm the owner.

I'm glad tipping doesn't exist in my country. Such a strange principle to me.

You get paid for doing your job, why should I pay you any more on top of that?

I always tip generously in countries where tipping is a thing but I still think it's an odd gesture.

Last edited:
Can't lie this whole post is bummy :lol: :lol: gotta do better lol

.. I could never brag about being bummy lmaoo [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] lol [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

.. Aint trippin tho, Live your life homie lol

- much luv, stay freshhhh !! :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
OP Why didn't you just say you dont feel like you should have to tip for basic/average service?

I tip 9 times outta 10.

Went to Ihop, pancakes and hashbrowns cold as hell but my eggs hot. Lol.waitress visits the table once the whole time. No tip.

Drove an hour to Williamsburg with my girl a few weeks back to try the #1 ranked Italian restaurant in VA.. The food was mediocre at best, the service was EXCELLENT. I m tipped the young man 30%. He earned it.

Tipping is an independent experience.. I start at 15% and go down or up depending on the experience. I've been places and didn't tip,and didn't feel guilty..

Conversely I've tipped well for good service..

What was the name of the Italian spot. I am going to water z country soon

What was the name of the Italian spot. I am going to water z country soon

Antonio's Italiano restaurant. It was voted #1 by our local paper the VA pilot a year ago..

Personally I thought carrabas was better, but my girl enjoyed if, and it was a cozy lil place.

Judge for yourself tho.

i try to tip all the time and sometimes very rarely i wont tip at all if the service is very bad... also i dont believe in tipping for carryout.... i once ordered 5 shots of patron at a bar and the bill was $50 and i gave a dollar tip and my cousin was heated... im like brah they just poured 5 shots its not that serious not like they made mix drinks... waiters should get tips because they provide a service but they shouldnt rely on it for their income and it shouldnt be mandatory... this is why i place blame on the restaurants for underpaying their waiters to begin with

roll.gif
@ Them remembering OP for not tipping before. Word is going to spread and you're going to get crap service everywhere in that community. 

Side note: Is it true that if you leave change in an up side down empty glass, its like an F you to the server? 

I'll tip on any sit down meal.

Now if it's carryout i'm not tipping unless it's from my favorite spot. More than likely the person ringing me up didn't even make the food anyway.

The tip section shouldn't even be a option on carryout receipts, just leave a jar at the counter.

To the dude who asked, Oklahoma with tips minimum wage is $2.14. Regular minimum wage is like $7.50 though.

It's just such a flawed system, it doesn't really work well for anyone other than the owners and people who work at high dollar establishments.

I'm not sure a waiter at Ruth Chris Steakhouse does anymore work than one at Denny's. Sure, they dress nicer and are generally nicer looking (and certainly the building and therefore ambiance itself), but you're tipping for walking from the kitchen to your table and back, and to the soda machine. But at Ruth Chris a 6oz sirloin, baked potato, salad, and lemonade costs ~$150 and at Denny's it's about $15.

You don't see this business model anywhere else in industry.

We could pay less for flights if everyone was just expected to tip the pilot on arrival. And that's a real "service" that you were incapable of providing/doing yourself so it'd be more deserved right, plus you won't him/her to do it right every time.

Stores could lower their prices too and just expect us to tip cashiers as well.

Teachers, crossing guards, doctors, janitors; all provide a "service" we should tip for.

And being a black person especially, you're often going to get ****** service (not like I even expect much anyways, usually probably 1 drink refill and I'm out, I'm not the type to linger all day when I go out to eat) anyways then when you leave a tip commensurate to that ******, of course the server gets mad and "is going to remember you," or "is going to put special sauce on your wings next time." So what was I supposed to do? Tip him excellently for ****** service to get on their good side, so next time hopefully I get the same waiter and he/she remembers me and does better?

Just the same as everyone is quick to say, "if you don't want to be expected to tip, don't go out to eat," one could say, "If you dont want to have to rely on the generosity of others and the extent to which they feel bound by unwritten, not legally binding, so called societal norms, get a real job/skill," but then people act like you're a monster for feeling that way but will justify all day angry *** waitstaff ******* with your food.

I get so amused how waitresses at places like Hooters or Twin Peaks will sit at the table next to you when they take your order, and dudes fall for the okie doke every time.

Back
Top Bottom