SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

The easy target is minium wage. The issue is the cost of living and real wages have not kept up. Housing costs are out of control. Population has skyrocketed in cities with finite resources.

Living in Atlanta in the 90s and early 2000s was a beautiful thing. Today it’s no different than L.A. It’s ridiculous
Yeah none of the places folks would move to that used to have lower COL have that edge anymore and wages have not kept up across the board.

I doubt the federal min wage is ever going up.

Where do you even go to get a high paying job without college these days besides construction? Seems like all the jobs are awful.
zero college? not sure

you can eat really good off of an associates degree. 2 year health care schools in houston will have you living good enough out of school. 40-60k in houston and single is enough to live comfortably. and easy enough to get a 2nd PRN job to add another 20-30k to your income. these are the numbers pre covid. post-covid everybody wages went up.
and to really eat you just gotta be consistent. this is the route i took after i got done with the military and now im upper middle class in any city after 7 years and my job just gets easier. also, the health care benefits are impossible to beat. paying just over 100 dollars a month for full healthcare for myself and 2 kids. lots of other benefits too.

i've preached to so many cats doing nothing to go to the community college in houston for health care sciences. classes are cheap and with financial aid and scholarships you can really go to school for minimal bread. just gotta grind through the classes for 2 years which aren't hard. the schools don't get funded if you don't pass and the job success rate is 90+%. you can't beat this.

You can have a high paying business without a degree or working construction and nothing illegal. This is America or I assume you live in America and not North Korea.
That's not what I'm saying. Whenever it's something unfavorable, the reply is always start a business, get your LLC. Just tired of that retort, that's all.

Appreciate it jape jape

My daughter is looking into healthcare for after hs, she’s thinking she’s going to go to college but it’s good to know there’s options either way.

I’m not too worried about her. She’s been in a STEM program since middle school and in college math and science.

She lives in the south too and I don’t see her wanting to leave so that’s a better field to get in down there than a lot it seems.

Appreciate it jape jape

My daughter is looking into healthcare for after hs, she’s thinking she’s going to go to college but it’s good to know there’s options either way.

I’m not too worried about her. She’s been in a STEM program since middle school and in college math and science.

She lives in the south too and I don’t see her wanting to leave so that’s a better field to get in down there than a lot it seems.
it is.
also something to think about that most people don't know is that houston has the biggest medical center in the world.
everyone is always understaffed so she'll always have job.

it is.
also something to think about that most people don't know is that houston has the biggest medical center in the world.
everyone is always understaffed so she'll always have job.

That’s what we said, even if you don’t want to chase the money you could still be a nurse at minute clinic or something work 8 hours a day and have a good job.

RN reporting in: Got 2 jobs in Cali (1 full time, 1 per diem), bringing in >200k, got recruiters hitting me up at least weekly for jobs. Lots of overtime available, all the work I could want. There's also so many different specialties within nursing that if you're not happy with what you're doing, you can relatively easily switch and do something completely different. Highly Recommend this field. Boomers ain't getting any younger/healthier anytime soon.

Nursing sounds like the road construction of the civilized world but you guys are probably just as uncivilized as us behind the scenes. :lol:

Unlimited jobs, unlimited hours and all the choices of jobs.

I’m not seeing 200k for a while though unless I wanted to become a superintendent.

Screenshot_20240224-180453~2.png

Back
Top Bottom