SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Some one should start a thread with a poll. Which job would you rather work nursing vs teaching and see.

Teachers are raising these children. My friend would discipline a kid all the time in school and he would be good by the end of the day and she talked to the kids parents and they straight up told her that she should be teaching their kid good manners. You try so hard to help these kids and it all gets reversed by bad parenting, or absentee parents.

I used to think teachers had it easy with summers off until i knew what they go through. I would pick nurse over teacher even if the salaries were equal

Seems like a lot of you know many teachers but not many nurses...YES A TEACHERS JOB IS NOT EASY, IM SPEAKING IN COMPARISON TO OTHER JOBS FAR WORST WITH LESS PERKS.

nurses get treated like crap on the daily...lol and there is nothing they can do about it because jut like any other business, the customer/patient IS ALWAYS RIGHT...

Alls I'm saying bruhs....don't be so rustled.

I hear you i only know 1 nurse and she is an ER nurse her stories are wild :lol: But opinions differ jimmies remained unrustled

Seems like a lot of you know many teachers but not many nurses...YES A TEACHERS JOB IS NOT EASY, IM SPEAKING IN COMPARISON TO OTHER JOBS FAR WORST WITH LESS PERKS.

nurses get treated like crap on the daily...lol and there is nothing they can do about it because jut like any other business, the customer/patient IS ALWAYS RIGHT...

Alls I'm saying bruhs....don't be so rustled.
wait aren't you a nurse? or I must be confusing you with someone else. 

Meh, a couple of my friends are nurses.  They're always texting me and on fb while at work.  They do work long hours, but that overtime pay is pretty nice.    

I never said teaching was easy.

But Teaching >>>>>>>>> Nursing.

Idgaf what you or anyone else tells me :lol:

Wish some nurses would chime in

And that's fine, but to throw in "well teachers get XYZ..." And then have people you you're wrong and then come back with "well I'm right!" Is something else.

Last edited:
wait aren't you a nurse? or I must be confusing you with someone else. 

I'm a respiratory therapist, I work hand in hand with nurses, except my job is about 80% as demanding and deal with a fraction of the crap they deal with from patients.

And that's fine, but to throw in "well teachers get XYZ..." Behind have people you you're wrong and then come back with "well I'm right!" Is something else.

I'm right Damb it! I'm always right!

::runs away with hands up::

Meh, a couple of my friends are nurses.  They're always texting me and on fb while at work.  They do work long hours, but that overtime pay is pretty nice.    

Sounds like the teacher dude I know...my dude been on at least 3 vacations this year alone, currently on one now :pimp:

Last edited:
They are both honorable proffesions. I don't really see what the point of arguing which is harder/more thankless/etc is.

Nurses deal with 1 adult at a time.
Teachers deal with 25+ kids at a time.

Do you really need more of an explanation than that? Teaching children is hard in the best of circumstances.

Teaching children that don't have disciple and are disillusioned about the need for education tests the patience of even the strongest willed and positive people.

I've worked many jobs in my life including door to door sales in a recession, retail, 14 hour days in accounting, etc. I've also taught both in America and abroad.

Nothing is harder than teaching. There is no mental break when there are students in your classroom. And if you are a good teacher they are there during your lunch and after school hours too.

Pure ignorance on how supposedly easy teaching is, the pay compared to the hours and responsibility needed says the contrary. I have family members who work 12 hrs a day during school time while there are nurses who do 12 hr shifts but only 3 days a week and get paid twice as much. Comparing these jobs are pointless as both are stressful and taxing.

In regards to tipping, people should tip whatever they feel like. You owe no one anything unless included on your bill, and there's no reason anyone should give a minimum amount regardless of service. There are some terrible people/servers out there who will tamper with your food for not receiving a tip in the past so exercise caution, but that is a reflection of their character not the one dining.

Last edited:

Do you really need more of an explanation than that? Teaching children is hard in the best of circumstances.

Teaching children that don't have disciple and are disillusioned about the need for education tests the patience of even the strongest willed and positive people.

I've worked many jobs in my life including door to door sales in a recession, retail, 14 hour days in accounting, etc. I've also taught both in America and abroad.

Nothing is harder than teaching. There is no mental break when there are students in your classroom. And if you are a good teacher they are there during your lunch and after school hours too.

1 patient at a time? GUAT?

Bruh nurses are juggling 8-10 patients of not more, as well as family members monitoring, supervisors breathing down their neck and doctors treating them like crap GTHO! :lol:

And once again I JEVER SAID TEACHING WAS AN EASY GIG

Bruh nurses are juggling 8-10 patients of not more, as well as family members monitoring, supervisors breathing down their neck and doctors treating them like crap GTHO! :lol:

You may not have outright said it, but you insinuated it with a few things you posted. Came off as COMPLETELY uninformed and yet, you kept talking.

My aunt teaches middle school in a low income area and the stories she tells me. No way I could do it
She told me about how 3 kids didn't show up to school one day and ended up playing with one of their moms gun and one kid shot him self in the leg. Than the mom proceeded to try and blame the whole thing on my aunt :x

My aunt teaches middle school in a low income area and the stories she tells me. No way I could do it
She told me about how 3 kids didn't show up to school one day and ended up playing with one of their moms gun and one kid shot him self in the leg. Than the mom proceeded to try and blame the whole thing on my aunt
sick.gif
What was the reason behind her rationale?

She told me about how 3 kids didn't show up to school one day and ended up playing with one of their moms gun and one kid shot him self in the leg. Than the mom proceeded to try and blame the whole thing on my aunt :x

The moms? who knows, like said before parents now think schools should do all the raising of their kids now and parents just live with them
She also told me how a mom was giving a student counterfeit $20's to buy school lunch :x

im guessing either

1. well youre the teacher!

2. shouldnt you know where they are during school hours?

3. there should of been signs of this at school because he would never do that at home and i dont know where he gets it from!

If I may speak.

I know teachers, nurses, and one doctor. To the point i know what they make and hours and job duties.

I'm in New Orleans for clarification. 

I would consider a decent salary for a single person to be $50,000 and up. 

The teachers I know make as follows: $41,000 (mutliple) and $45,000 (one). They work routine 12 hr days. There is no holiday pay. No overtime pay. No stipend like in better areas of the state. A lot of things they do for the kids comes out of their own pocket. And they can lose a job easier than a lot of other professions. Pay raises average out to a total of about 12,000 during  the LIFE of a career, so if u start out making $40,000 and work for 20-30 years, you'd be BLESSED to see 55,000 those last few years. Yearly broken down they get about $600 raise a YEAR if they're lucky.

The summer months? They either have to budget, find a second job, or be fortunate enough to be chosen to teach summer school. Don't even get me started on the kids.

The nurses? They start at about $21/hr, 36 hours a week is considered FT. Wanna work more? NO PROBLEM. OT is very easy to get, and you get shift differential working overnight. Basically they control the amount of money they make. so if i worked 60 hrs in a week, 20 hrs is overtime. If you're essential personnel during emergencies, you get double time 24/7 the entire time you are at the hospital.

Doctor? Salary, think nurse x5 without overtime potential. 

Bruh nurses are juggling 8-10 patients of not more, as well as family members monitoring, supervisors breathing down their neck and doctors treating them like crap GTHO!
laugh.gif

yep

and nurses at nursing homes have it even worse..

Teachers deal with 25+ kids and 25 sets of parents at a time.

let me fix that for you

On the high school level teachers are dealing with over 90 to 100 students, if they're on some sort of block schedule which is the majority of public schools. There's more flexibility in medicine than education, and the demand is higher. Hospitals and nursing homes aren't having their budget's cut every year either. 

Last edited:

On the high school level teachers are dealing with over 90 to 100 students, if they're on some sort of block schedule which is the majority of public schools. There's more flexibility in medicine than education, and the demand is higher. Hospitals and nursing homes aren't having their budget's cut every year either. 
Nurses also don't pay for things their patients need out of their own pockets. It's why I never understood when some parents get upset when they're handed a list of items in the beginning of the school year that the teacher would like. It's not even a demand. It's a request to help them teach YOUR children
eyes.gif

Blastercombo, just see me with the hands Yung

Grand Central station.

/thread]

Back
Top Bottom