So I hit the California Lottery....

I saw scratchers for $30. 

Now how much greater are my odds in winning if I bought those? lol

Legit thinking about if we tried to pool $

Nt pool for powerball or whatever

Dont wanna joke but how sway that gonna go :lol:

Update: After 7-8 weeks of waiting she has arrived....

View media item 2393479

IRS robbing me in broad daylight. It's all good though lol.

I just handed my moms 2 thousand to get ahead on her bills after all that struggle we've been through...Cot damn it felt good man

I had no choice but to withdraw it all at once until I can get my Wells Fargo checking account all straightened out...aka payback some debt to them.

Last edited:

View media item 2393479

I just handed my moms 2 thousand to get ahead on her bills after all that struggle we've been through...Cot damn it felt good man

I had no choice but to withdraw it all at once until I can get my Wells Fargo checking account all straightened out...aka payback some debt to them.

Nice, now go get a job.

View media item 2393479

350x700px-LL-577ef51a_mikeheadnod.gif

Ahh so you can have the taxes taken out immediately from the winnings? 

Sweet. I'll make sure to do that when I win lol

Ahh so you can have the taxes taken out immediately from the winnings? 

Sweet. I'll make sure to do that when I win lol

When you take lump sum yes, if you do payments they still take taxes out of every payment

They collect taxes either way but large amount of cash it's obviously gonna be large amount

When you take lump sum yes, if you do payments they still take taxes out of every payment

They collect taxes either way but large amount of cash it's obviously gonna be large amount
But do you still have pay taxes for your winnings during tax season if the IRS already took out taxes from the lump sum?

Last edited:
But do you still have pay taxes for your winnings during tax season if the IRS already took out taxes from the lump sum?

Absolutely not.
That's a yes and a no though. That's what I was getting into it with OP about. They customarily take 25% right off the bat. Come tax time, they'll want 39.9% (15% more). Plus your overall income jumps into a new bracket. Wasn't trying to hate on OP. I'm done arguing but I did want to quote the above and make some answers clear. And now it's a broken record. But if one thinks they got robbed before, this time next year won't be looking good either.

Op, what's the first thing you bought? I'd probably go to a fancy steak restaurant the second I get handed that check.

Last edited:
I don't get how they can take another 15% if they already got a large sum just by accepting the money and before it even lands in your account.

I guess people who take lump sum of $50 million get screwed big time come tax season the first year

I don't get how they can take another 15% if they already got a large sum just by accepting the money and before it even lands in your account.

I guess people who take lump sum of $50 million get screwed big time come tax season the first year
​yeah they take so much. they pretty much say if you were to win a million . you are going to see 600k. little less then half goes to uncle sam.

wish it was like they do it Canada, they get tax free lotto winnings

Last edited:
Yea I know after the initial tax you would get a little over 600k but now you or someone else was saying for your income taxes they would be taking another 15% off that 600k you already got AFTER taxes :smh:

​yeah they take so much. they pretty much say if you were to win a million . you are going to see 600k. little less then half goes to uncle sam.
wish it was like they do it Canada, they get tax free lotto winnings

When i lived in VA and found out they take damn near half of winnings i couldnt believe it :smh:. Ridiculous if you ask me, the amount they raking in off lotto tickets is crazy then they wanna take half of someone whos lucky enough to smack? Nahh

Yea I know after the initial tax you would get a little over 600k but now you or someone else was saying for your income taxes they would be taking another 15% off that 600k you already got AFTER taxes
mean.gif
​nah 25 percent of a mill is 250k. so another 15 percent plus that  25 percent would be equal to 400 k. nothing after that if I'm not mistaken. 

read it from a dude on the lotto forums I visit that won 2 mill. he walked away with  like 1.2 million he said and owed nothing after that. .

you can also  use past lotto losings as a tax deductable if you were to win . i save all my tickets, just in case i were to ever get lucky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom