So I was profiled lastnight..(kinda long)

Cops will claim they have probable cause even if you deny the search. I've said no before and he claimed he would just call for k9s.

Yes cops have camera and mic , an old teacher filled me in how some turn it off when they speak so in court all they have is you being disrespectful.

Originally Posted by Kramer

You shouldve asked for his badge number. That usually scares them and you couldve reported him

badge number is on the ticket/warning and that doesn't scare cops 
laugh.gif

I feel your pain Op. A few weeks ago similair thing happened to me. I come out of West (nyc) and I see this cop looking at me. Mind you ima 6' spanish dude, whole bunch of tatts and have the arab beard. Had the family 08 gs but the tints are dark because its a out of state car (me and pop got the same name). So I go to the whip put all the window down and bounce. Drive for about 3 blocks and same cop pulls me over

cop: license and registration
me: may I ask what you pulled me over for
cop: I ask the question
me: no prob
cop: I see yur tints are to dark. I could give you a ticket for all 4 windows
me: (so i decide to @#$% with him) what you mean
cop: could you put up your back window
me: for some reason they dont go up. I think I have a short
cop; (pissed) is there anything in your car
me: nope just some kicks and ball clothes
cop: do you mind if i check
me : for what reason do you need to check my car

He goes to his car for a few min and come back when another cop shows up. I end up talking with the other cop and he was like dont worry about it. At the end the first cop gave me 2 tickets for window tints. One for each front window. Not stressing it because the cop didnt measure the tint instead stated that he couldnt see in the car. So ill go fight it in court.

Originally Posted by AEA18

Originally Posted by scshift

Don't they need a warrant to search your car? You could have denied them if I'm correct.
He could have done that but they still would have searched his car w/o a warrant its called probable cause. 
Op you didn't get pulled over for no reason you got pulled over for DWB. 
30t6p3b.gif

lol what probable cause did they have? none what so ever... next time decline consent to search ur car........

they probably would of articulated it.... well he was driving slow and looked suspicious
laugh.gif
thats so weak though

u have the right to. just like when they pat u down... they have to ask to look in ur pockets if u have something in it. (besides a weapon)

Originally Posted by Punishya

Originally Posted by novaflight

You could've said no to the search

It takes all of 5 minutes for law enforcement to acquire a warrant. 
on what ground would they have had to even ask for a warrant. "Well this kid said no to the search..." does not warrant a warrant.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Phen0m

This was in the DMV(Franconia area for those who know)..not two miles from where I live. Also I have dudes info.. idiot wrote me a warning with the vitals posted.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. When I lived in Springfield and Centreville, it was a regular thing.
30t6p3b.gif

Part of the reason I moved back to Alexandria.

They see someone they feel that should not be in these areas, you are getting pulled over.

I have been out of Fairfax Co. for 2 years now, and have not been pulled over since.

I've had the same experience with Homeland Security. I was at JFK after just coming back from Germany for 2 weeks. When you come into the country, you have to "check-in". For some reason, they put the U.S Citizens Line and the Foreigner's Line together, which became long as hell. We stood in line for a good 45 minutes, then we were directed to a passport booth with a HLS officer in it. She asks us the basics, such as "where are you from", "Which state do you reside in", all that stuff to verify your info. My dad, who sports a full beard and talks with a thick Afghani accent, answers these questions while my bro and I (it was only the 3 of us) stood aside just checking out the place. The lady then asks my father "Are you carrying more than $300 worth of gifts in your luggage?" My dad is terrible at estimation, mind you. We received some gifts while we were overseas. He says yeah, probably. During this whole survey, my dad's hands are shaking and he's sweating a bit, and he's talking a bit too much. My dad has problems with surveys, questions, etc. I dont know why. Anyways, this officer notices how "suspicious" my dad looks, so she tells him to wait in the HomeLand Security office next to the booths. So, we go in and sit in some of the seats. It's 30 degrees fahrenheit in there, and we sat there for at least an hour until we were called up. during the hour, I look around and notice most of the people (there were only 10 or so other people) were indians, pakis, and a couple of asians. Racial profiling at it's finest. At this point, I'm bored out of my mind, and I pull out my iPod to listen to some music. An officer spots me and goes "You need to put that away." He was cool about it, but it still bothered me. I fall asleep, then we're called up. The questions the officer asked took no more than 5 minutes, because I told my dad to stop blabbering. We arrived at 2:53 pm that day, and we got out of the airport at around 5:30. Home at 7. what the hell.

Originally Posted by AEA18

Originally Posted by scshift

Don't they need a warrant to search your car? You could have denied them if I'm correct.
He could have done that but they still would have searched his car w/o a warrant its called probable cause. 
Op you didn't get pulled over for no reason you got pulled over for DWB. 
30t6p3b.gif

Wait so who determines whether the probable cause is a good reason?

What if I decline a search then the cop says it's for probable cause and something stupid, can I be like that's not a good probable cause?

I've had the same experience with Homeland Security. I was at JFK after just coming back from Germany for 2 weeks. When you come into the country, you have to "check-in". For some reason, they put the U.S Citizens Line and the Foreigner's Line together, which became long as hell. We stood in line for a good 45 minutes, then we were directed to a passport booth with a HLS officer in it. She asks us the basics, such as "where are you from", "Which state do you reside in", all that stuff to verify your info. My dad, who sports a full beard and talks with a thick Afghani accent, answers these questions while my bro and I (it was only the 3 of us) stood aside just checking out the place. The lady then asks my father "Are you carrying more than $300 worth of gifts in your luggage?" My dad is terrible at estimation, mind you. We received some gifts while we were overseas. He says yeah, probably. During this whole survey, my dad's hands are shaking and he's sweating a bit, and he's talking a bit too much. My dad has problems with surveys, questions, etc. I dont know why. Anyways, this officer notices how "suspicious" my dad looks, so she tells him to wait in the HomeLand Security office next to the booths. So, we go in and sit in some of the seats. It's 30 degrees fahrenheit in there, and we sat there for at least an hour until we were called up. during the hour, I look around and notice most of the people (there were only 10 or so other people) were indians, pakis, and a couple of asians. Racial profiling at it's finest. At this point, I'm bored out of my mind, and I pull out my iPod to listen to some music. An officer spots me and goes "You need to put that away." He was cool about it, but it still bothered me. I fall asleep, then we're called up. The questions the officer asked took no more than 5 minutes, because I told my dad to stop blabbering. We arrived at 2:53 pm that day, and we got out of the airport at around 5:30. Home at 7. what the hell.

oh, and if it mean anything, I think they detained us because we're afghans. but of course they ignore that my dad's been a citizen in america for about 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom