So Ludacris just cracked my top ten of all time.

I picked up theater of the mind awhile ago, I spun it then forgot it. But I needed to fill another 80 or so mb on an MP3 disk for the whip so I threw it onthere and that's seriously a solid album. That's three in a row for that boy and while he's not putting out classics, all six of his albumsdemonstrate a sort of consistency that you don't usually see from rappers. Not to mention he's one of the new school rappers who managed to stayrelevent during these last few dark years.

In short, Ludacris

APPRECIATED

PREACH... Luda is one of my most appreciated MC's no matter what anyone says about him. And lyrically he's foolish, to say the least. Ay G... its beena minute homie? How are things? We got some catchin up to do
laugh.gif

man ion know about top 10 Back For The First Time is a personal favorite but after Word of Mouf everything just gets fuzzy until Theather it was solid at bestto me. As an artist he seems to still be tryin to find himself.

of all the dope rappers over the past 25 years.....you put him in your top 10?

I disagree, but to each his own

I don't have him in my TOP 10 of ALL TIME, but he's one of my favorite MC's to do it.

roll.gif

Just because youre consistent doesnt mean your great or good. He makes quality music. He doesnt make classics.
To each his own i guess

Top 10 tho
roll.gif

Luda's definitely one of the most underrated MC's from the south.

I wouldn't put him in my top 10, but he is still
pimp.gif
IMO.

I like Luda and have a huge amount of respect for his success and ability to mix commercial verses with a bit of lyricism but in no means should be Top 10. Top10 Commerical Successes of All-Time but as far as actual MC's? Not even close...he'd make my top 50 though.

You gotta understand that I'm not that cat that reminisces about the golden age of hip hop. I don't consider anybody before Rakim at all, and not verymany after him until the mid 90's.

Jay-Z
Nas
2 Pac
Notorious B.I.G.
Eminem
Big Punisher
Rakim
Andre 3000
Ice Cube
Ludacris

Luda just bumped L.L. Cool J

And for you types that don't count Big, Pac and Pun just add LL Cool Jay, Busta Rhymes and Scarface to that list.

Ay G... its been a minute homie? How are things?

I know cousin, I just been chillin, trying to get paid. How's Cali treating you?

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

You gotta understand that I'm not that cat that reminisces about the golden age of hip hop. I don't consider anybody before Rakim at all, and not very many after him until the mid 90's.

Jay-Z
Nas
2 Pac
Notorious B.I.G.
Eminem
Big Punisher
Rakim
Andre 3000
Ice Cube
Ludacris

And for you types that don't count Big, Pac and Pun just add LL Cool Jay, Busta Rhymes and Scarface to that list.
ghostface, prodigy, gza, raekwon, big l, big daddy kane,Method Man AZ, Cam'ron, Common> Ludacris

hell T.I. & Kanye,>>>>Ludacris
smh.gif

Lyrically Luda is very consistent .... if he is featured on anything you know he ripped... can't say that about a lot people.... but he needs a classicalbum to be mentioned amongst the GOATs but he does deserve all the money he has made

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

Luda's definitely one of the most underrated MC's from the south.

I wouldn't put him in my top 10, but he is still
pimp.gif
IMO.
nicely put...

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

You gotta understand that I'm not that cat that reminisces about the golden age of hip hop. I don't consider anybody before Rakim at all, and not very many after him until the mid 90's.

Jay-Z
Nas
2 Pac
Notorious B.I.G.
Eminem
Big Punisher
Rakim
Andre 3000
Ice Cube
Ludacris

ghostface, prodigy, gza, raekwon, big l, big daddy kane,Method Man AZ, Cam'ron, Common> Ludacris

hell T.I. & Kanye,>>>>Ludacris
smh.gif

big daddy kane? prodigy? ok son...were talking about longevity, consistency, mainstream success, skill, flo... some of the rappers you listed were great intheir time but didnt contain all of the qualities necessary to even be CONSIDERED one of the GOAT. i dont think LUDA is the goat but he is top 10, or at leastin the argument to be in it. Most of the rappers you listed were never as skilled as Luda is.

the only problem luda has is those girly songs he throws into his records... 'nasty girl'...'girls gone wild'...if he eliminated those then iwould see him as a flawless rapper AND artist. the man kills every feature, has hit after hit, has songs with substance...like dude said consistency. 6 albumsin...hes not stopping soon.

p.s. common has fallen way under luda after that lame excuse of an album UMC... it hurt my ears...not the common i love or was accustomed to anymore...hope hegets back in the studio with kanye cuz only he can help but him back on track. no hate, hes my dude, but that album took a lot of points off him.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

PREACH... Luda is one of my most appreciated MC's no matter what anyone says about him. And lyrically he's foolish, to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom