So NT, Are you going to tell your kids Santa Claus is fake?

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

What a bunch of losers that need their kids to know that their presents came from them and not Santa.

Let them be kids and believe for a few years, eventually they will grow out of it.

They have their whole lives to appreciate the hard work you put in to provide for them.
I dont think anyone in this thread said they will just sit down and say ''look there is no santa, i buy everything around here''

I dont lie to my son, at all, about anything, so when that day comes and he ask me I will tell him the truth

How many of you that are criticizing are actually parents??????

if youre not a parent u cant even begin to understand

What a bunch of losers that need their kids to know that their presents came from them and not Santa.

Let them be kids and believe for a few years, eventually they will grow out of it.

They have their whole lives to appreciate the hard work you put in to provide for them.
I dont think anyone in this thread said they will just sit down and say ''look there is no santa, i buy everything around here''

I dont lie to my son, at all, about anything, so when that day comes and he ask me I will tell him the truth

How many of you that are criticizing are actually parents??????

if youre not a parent u cant even begin to understand

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

santa claus is a lot like religion.

both make people believe that they are rewarded for being good. just so happens that religion is for adults and santa claus is for kids.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

/thread

Edit: just read some more posts. "Let the kid grow out of it"
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I wonder why it's almost impossible for people to grow out of religion?
nerd.gif
grin.gif

both make people believe that they are rewarded for being good. just so happens that religion is for adults and santa claus is for kids.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

/thread

laugh.gif
roll.gif

nerd.gif
grin.gif

different times different rules
no way my child is believing in some fat *+!%
santa's aint the same as before
but ill buy a christmas tree and celebrate the holidays
grin.gif

different times different rules
no way my child is believing in some fat *+!%
santa's aint the same as before
but ill buy a christmas tree and celebrate the holidays
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NikeHolic23

Not at all. I'm going to let my kids be 'kids,' and grow up believing in the magic of Christmas, Santa Claus, etc...

I wouldn't want to rob them of that youth so early.

Didn't read any other response in here.
These are my sentiments exactly.

Originally Posted by NikeHolic23

Not at all. I'm going to let my kids be 'kids,' and grow up believing in the magic of Christmas, Santa Claus, etc...

I wouldn't want to rob them of that youth so early.

Didn't read any other response in here.
These are my sentiments exactly.

My parents didn't even have to tell me that it was fake, I've known since the day I could pronounce his name. I am pretty sure my kid will laugh it off as well.

My parents didn't even have to tell me that it was fake, I've known since the day I could pronounce his name. I am pretty sure my kid will laugh it off as well.

If my childhood got screwed when I was 6, I don't see why other kids are an exception.

If my childhood got screwed when I was 6, I don't see why other kids are an exception.

Originally Posted by Ginzo

laugh.gif
roll.gif

/thread

laugh.gif
roll.gif

nerd.gif
grin.gif
Completely different.
Religion is a underpinning component of the world's social and moral order.
Religion is dumb. Santa is fun.

I use to love making Christmas list and giving them to my mom to send off.
Waking up with your cookies and milk gone.
eek.gif
happy.gif

As a kid, there's nothing like it.
My gifts came from my parents and Santa.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ginzo

laugh.gif
roll.gif

/thread

laugh.gif
roll.gif

nerd.gif
grin.gif
Completely different.
Religion is a underpinning component of the world's social and moral order.
Religion is dumb. Santa is fun.

I use to love making Christmas list and giving them to my mom to send off.
Waking up with your cookies and milk gone.
eek.gif
happy.gif

As a kid, there's nothing like it.
My gifts came from my parents and Santa.
pimp.gif

my kids still believe in santa... its not like i tell my kids all the presents are from santa... there is a present from santa that is around $10-$20 for each and the rest is from us... if you are really *****ing about  $20 rep that i dont know what to tell you... my house, cars, food, tv's, show how much i work for my family....
i took my son to go pick out a present he wants to get his mom, let him wrap it and write all over it... when she opens it, and says thank you to my son... should i say hell no you better thank me for buying that @%*%.. he aint got no money or job... i worked hard for that?

my kids still believe in santa... its not like i tell my kids all the presents are from santa... there is a present from santa that is around $10-$20 for each and the rest is from us... if you are really *****ing about  $20 rep that i dont know what to tell you... my house, cars, food, tv's, show how much i work for my family....
i took my son to go pick out a present he wants to get his mom, let him wrap it and write all over it... when she opens it, and says thank you to my son... should i say hell no you better thank me for buying that @%*%.. he aint got no money or job... i worked hard for that?

I asked my 6 year old nephew what he asked Santa to get him for Christmas and he told me I was nuts because Santa is fake.

I asked my 6 year old nephew what he asked Santa to get him for Christmas and he told me I was nuts because Santa is fake.

I was going to create a new thread but I see one already exists.

I was talking to this Ultra Religious girl recently and surprisingly she is going to tell her kids about Santa. I said are you really going to undermine the hard work that you put in? She said it is part of having a childhood, believing in Santa. I told her that I am surprised that someone as deep into your "craft" why would you let your child believe in HIM?

She couldn't really tell me why other than the answer she gave. I personally view it as slight worship of another entity, she obviously didn't view it that way.

Back
Top Bottom